It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-D interactive systems being developed!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48e5bc7fe8f1.jpg[/atsimg]

ScienceDaily (July 21, 2010) — Touch screens such as those found on the iPhone or iPad are the latest form of technology allowing interaction with smart phones, computers and other devices. However, scientists at Fraunhofer FIT has developed the next generation non-contact gesture and finger recognition system. The novel system detects hand and finger positions in real-time and translates these into appropriate interaction commands. Furthermore, the system does not require special gloves or markers and is capable of supporting multiple users.

Looks super cool!

Wish I had one!

Anyway it works pretty nicely and as said above doesn't require gloves or markers.(Though I might keep away the information of it being capable of supporting multiple users at once from my parents as I want to use it for myself.)

Hopefully it will be better to use than the wii.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

the Xbox 360 will have something like this, available to purchase in November:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I remember seeing a video online about this technology a while back. It was being used as part of an advanced smart phone. As I remember the work was being carried out at MIT, that one however required certain figure bands of varying colour to work.

As the the xbox kinect, that should prove to be interesting. Seen many videos regarding it, however I'm not sure if its going to be as great as we think..hmmm...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by racos

The Kinect is a cool idea, but it doesn't work with all games and you can't sit to use it.

new topics

top topics

join