It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban 'kill captured US troop'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Taliban 'kill captured US troop'

www.presstv.ir

The Taliban say one of the two missing American soldiers has been killed and the other, captured alive, is currently held by the militants.

A Taliban spokesman said Sunday the group is holding both the body of the dead soldier and the captured one.

"One of the two was killed in the exchange of fire and we arrested the second alive," said Zabihullah Mujahid.

He said the two servicemen were attacked after they drove into a Taliban-dominated area in eastern Logar province.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well I don't know how much truth is in this story.

Hopefully they are both alive and well and the US millitary is working on getting them out of there.

If this is the case, can we expect a little more brute force against the Taliban?

I'm surprised I haven't heard more about it in the news actually, but that's the MSM for you.

Any thoughts ATS?

~Keeper

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Not really surpising.

Hopefully they'll just use the other grunt as a bargaining chip and exchange him to Afghan prisoners. I think the guy was actually killed in a firefight as opposed to executed.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
thread already there www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crimson_King
thread already there www.abovetopsecret.com...

Different thread, that one just reports the missing, this one is confirming (perhaps) that one is killed and the other captured..

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

join