It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Puffin Island be home to underwater alien base?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Phil Hoyle, who runs the unit, said: “We are currently investigating numerous sightings that have taken place around Anglesey and, in particular, near Puffin Island.
“Many witnesses, some ex-military and professional people, have witnessed unconventional lights entering or leaving the sea around Puffin Island.”
In January, 1974, a number of people claimed to have seen large, structured objects leaving the sea near the island, and similar sightings have been sporadically reported up to the present day, said Mr Hoyle.
“The people who have contacted us have all been unrelated, but have all told us the same thing,” he said.
“We would be very interested to hear from anyone who might have additional information regarding these as yet unexplained sightings.
“Someone might have seen something last week or seen something 50 years ago, but if other people have seen the same thing it will hopefully make them realise that they’re not crazy.”
Victims of abduction near Shrewsbury were told by the humanoid beings who contacted them that they came from a base under the sea near Puffin Island, said Mr Hoyle.
The area has been suggested as the location of Cantre’r Gwaelod, the legendary ancient sunken kingdom.
Anglesey’s ancient past means the island could be a UFO hotspot, said Mr Hoyle.
“There is definitely a link; we’ve found an 80% increase in UFO activity over ancient sites compared to anywhere else, including Anglesey.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source theonlinemail.co.uk

Well thought that this may be of some interest and the part that caught my eye was this:

“There is definitely a link; we’ve found an 80% increase in UFO activity over ancient sites compared to anywhere else, including Anglesey.”

Now that is an increase just need some good video or photographs to go with this story.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
mmm, i can smell a camping trip coming on!!

cheers for that dude(ette).

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

Thanks oh it is Dude lol

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

S&F.
Definitely worth paying a visit, to check things out.
If anyone has the fortune to go, get some snap shots and post them up here!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Robbed In Albion.

Agree I am searching for any sightings/video/photos etc.. for and around Puffin Island so if anyone has any post them please and I need a holiday lol.
Thanks all

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Source: Behind the scenes,
Victims of abduction near Shrewsbury were told by the humanoid beings who contacted them that they came from a base under the sea near Puffin Island, said Mr Hoyle.

The area has been suggested as the location of Cantre’r Gwaelod, the legendary ancient sunken kingdom.

Anglesey’s ancient past means the island could be a UFO hotspot, said Mr Hoyle..

It is quite an interesting theory, Mainly because i am sure it was used during the war by observation batteries, could there be any under ground facilities ?

[edit on 25-7-2010 by foxhoundone]

Mod edit: image tags corrected.

[edit on 25/7/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I smell a camping trip too.A bit of fishing.haha hope i dont get snagged on a ufo.actually sratch that!! I HOPE I DO
THANKS FOR INFO

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

What if all of you who want to do that trip get organized for same day. You can investigate it as a ATSers group, make a video, take pics and share all with us.

sounds good?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by k3rm1t

What if all of you who want to do that trip get organized for same day. You can investigate it as a ATSers group, make a video, take pics and share all with us.

sounds good?

i'd love to go with, if only i wasnt so flat broke.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

don't let things like that get in your way. you got anything you can sell on ebay? has friends or family got any bits they dont want you can sell, whats in the loft?? any odd jobs you can do to raise some cash? any bills you can f off and use the money for something more worth while?

where there's a will there's a way!

who's up for it? how long have we got to get ready?

[edit on 11:11 by WHOS READY]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I actually passed Puffin Island last week and will by passing again in September.

In 2000 I saw an object float over this mountain 52°49'56.66"N 4°37'48.18"W
It was travelling in the direction of Puffin Island (though I'm not saying that is where it was heading). I can best describe it as a spherical weather balloon that was internally lighted. It moved horizontally and slowly, again balloon-like, until it was out of sight.

Look into the Stack Rock and Ripperston farm ufo incident. This is a 100 miles further down the coast and people allegedly witnessed saucers and humanoids entering Stack Rock.

Look also at the panoramio photos around Puffin Island on Google Earth. One shows what some may claim to be an entrance to the island's interior! Greys also can be seen on the rocks around the island. These are of the seal variety, though!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
why doesn't someone simply setup a camera for a period of time to capture activity? that would surely prove or disprove as well as give the UFO community their smoking gun, right?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff here. So they are seeing the ufos in Anglesey, an ancient place and rumoured to be a last hang out of Druids. Lots of standing stones there. Mt sightings were very close to the stone circle of Arbor Low and it seems these ancient places are connected to these ufos in some way. Some talk of the ufos actually flying between the circles and this makes sense, like some type of motorway system of ufos. They certainly do use them and they are going to be using them around Anglesey, so they may travel from there and into the sea?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Count me in. If people are up for a sky watch over there then lets plan something. I'm like Staffordshire way so any weekend will be fine

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You guys are a trip.
Wish I could go too.

It is kind of funny we have skeptics and debunkers on ATS who will try to put across all these people are delusional too.
What a funny world this is...good luck!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hmmm, very interesting thread this and by coincidence I will be going to Anglesey tomorrow and staying overnight, although at the other end, which is Holy Island. This will be the first of a few trips in the coming weeks and I will certainly keep my eyes peeled and camera to hand.

This has just reminded of one night several months back in Anglesey,as I stood outside having a last smoke before bed. I was gazing up at the stars in the clear pitch black sky, when I noticed one of them moving slowly. Within a xouple of seconds it shone very brightly, almost as if a spotlight was switched on in my direction, but obviously at great height, then returned to 'normal' brightness. I have since thought it was the ISS perhaps ?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by k3rm1t

sounds good?

Yes, how about an ATS funded field trip? Barbecue, beer, and binoculars.

I was wondering where else ATS has been to do funded research with all the gear? Any links other than to Gilliland Ranch?

I wish I had a helicopter
... lol

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ok I'm not sure if this has any connection to the ufos, but I've just been watching a BBC show called Coast and they by some fluke are in Anglesey!

Anyway they reckon that it is very different from the rest of the UK due to its geology, many different types of rock there pushed together by the plates of Planet Earth crashing.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaspar64

Hmmm, very interesting thread this and by coincidence I will be going to Anglesey tomorrow and staying overnight, although at the other end, which is Holy Island. This will be the first of a few trips in the coming weeks and I will certainly keep my eyes peeled and camera to hand.

This has just reminded of one night several months back in Anglesey,as I stood outside having a last smoke before bed. I was gazing up at the stars in the clear pitch black sky, when I noticed one of them moving slowly. Within a xouple of seconds it shone very brightly, almost as if a spotlight was switched on in my direction, but obviously at great height, then returned to 'normal' brightness. I have since thought it was the ISS perhaps ?

Sounds like you saw a satellite, kaspar. I've seen them do the flaring thing, too. Holy Island is a great place to sky watch due to lack of light pollution if you're clear of Holyhead. I've seen some spectacular meteorites in that area also. Not your typical split second Leonid type thing but ones that burn bright blue, leave a trail and cross the entire sky! A great location to view the night sky is the Ty Mawr hut circles. You can lie back in one of the old round houses and observe in comfort - as long as you treat the archaeological site with great respect, of course! 53°18'16.39"N 4°41'8.78"W.

As you've been before you'll know that you're right on top of RAF Valley and military jets are flying around most weekdays. They sometimes leave odd-looking con trails in the sky. And let's not forget the South Stack lighthouse that can play tricks in the darkness!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What are they Puffin on that Island?

In any case here's a good USO Resource

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join