It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protect and slap...I mean serve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is a perfect example of brutality from those that should protect us. Granted this was in a low security jail of some sort but the officers actions were totally unwarranted. A must see!

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I just realized what "protect and serve" mean.

Protect the elite, serve the average citizens with papers (tickets).

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Lol, protect and serve.
In slang terms to serve is to kick someones behind.
Is that what it means when that is printed on the individual cars?
It is quite catchy "To Protect and Serve".

(Edit)
Ok now I have watched the video.
Do these "Officers" even think about the millions of cameras that are around?
Does it even matter?
Do we know how the prisoner is doing?
Is this "Officer" still employed?

[edit on 24-7-2010 by g146541]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I was under the impression that it was going to be just a slap, and when I saw the female CO's, I assumed that would be the case. However, the male CO walked in.. and proceeds to slap him, then gives him an *extreme* choke slam onto the floor. Assault of that caliber usually comes packaged with a small prison sentence, depending on the person's record, under any normal circumstance. I guarantee that guy has a record of abuse and assault.

The CO looked like he just wanted to mess with someone.

There is a small conversation right before it happens, and I believe it is something like this:

CO: I told you not to mess with that. (No idea what "that" is.")
CO (again): Put it back up there.
Detainee (while motioning to put *it* back): *Mumbles something*

Hard slap to the side of the head, then the rather ridiculous choke and slam to the floor.

Ridiculous.

I'm a big fan of the HBO prison drama "Oz", which aired about 10 years go now. It's good drama. Anyway, it's just a (fictional drama) series about a prison, with hardcore violent criminals, and hardcore corrupt CO's. If a CO did this in that show, they would have gotten rid of him and all kinds of crap would have been stirred up. I find it kind of sad to see it in real life, such unprovoked and extreme violence.

Puts reality in perspective, when reality is often more disturbing than a (at the time) controversially violent and disturbing television series.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by SyphonX]

top topics

join