It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My absolute "last" post on the subject of LEOs!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

No, unless you're on the inside, you do not know and it's an assumption because you will NEVER know or see 99% of what goes on, and the fraction that you do see or hear about is hardly enough of a data pool for observation. Are you on the inside? Have you lived it or lived through it? If so, I apologize.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
From your story, it seems that most Police departments are rife with criminality.

Even if that particular department was particularly bad, how frequent is this kind of behavior in other places that you almost constantly had run in's with others for being "by the book" and no one found that odd in your department?

For that matter, and I mean this only as a question asked with honest sincerity and no rancor towards anyone, how much corruption is considered normal in most Police forces?

10%? 50%? More?

Or do the officers often break the law, and then write it off as nothing, as being less than serious, because the public doesn't really count once they are hand cuffed?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Good point, however saying that people do not know everything because they lack information that they are not allowed to have is not a good defense for corrupt public servants.

If anything it should point out how we need far more monitoring and transparency, so that people may educate themselves, right?

If the police are not breaking any laws, they should have no problems being monitored by the public.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

No, unless you're on the inside, you do not know and it's an assumption because you will NEVER know or see 99% of what goes on, and the fraction that you do see or hear about is hardly enough of a data pool for observation. Are you on the inside? Have you lived it or lived through it? If so, I apologize.

I live in a town with such a crooked force that Paul Harvey once said this was the best place in the US to live if you wanted to commit a murder and get away with it.

We have 30k people here. It is small. I have known 2 local cops personally in my lifetime. Neither work on the force anymore. Both were sickened by the corruption. Both now work different jobs (one in the SSD local office, the other as an AC installer) because of their experience.

I know what you are saying. But i am not making up facts to come to my conclusions. I am firm in my conclusion because of a lifetime of data being recieved by myself, personally.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
LOL.
She should have shot them both.
I don't understand what is so wrong with killing thugs.
OR at least shooting em, considering they just threatened your life.
I mean cops shoot people in self defense all the time.
And usually... They get away with it.
But as soon as one of us civilians are the ones in the face of danger, oh no were suppose to act docile and not attempt to protect our selves even under the extreme condition.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bull621

Actually I did appreciate your apology and this was posted before I read it. So not I must apologize and retract. Thanks
Seeashrink

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My apologies to you OP if this is the truth you are relating to us.

In 1963 I was stopped for speeding and the officer told me if I would have sex with him he would not give me the ticket. I was 16 years old and that was a scary thing to me.

I immediately left the scene and he followed me to my parents home.
I told my parents what had happened and the officer said I was the one who offered sex to him.

My father went to see the Chief of Police the next morning and the Chief believed the officer's story.

After that incident I was the target of several mental assults by members of the department.

My husband killed himself using a gun to blow his brains all over the walls. I was standing in front of him when he pulled the trigger.

While my husband lay dieing at the local hospital I was taken to the police station and questioned. I was accused of killing him and it took much money and time to be found not guilty.

Those are only a few things that hav hardened me against LEO"S.

I was told I suffered from PTSD but didn't believe the doctor.

If what happened to your wife caused her to have PTSD then I now believe I really do have that condition. But, I never let it handicap me or ruin my life.

I will go to my grave not trusting LEO's. But I do hope your life goes good for you. I wish no one any harm or strife.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by dizziedame]
Dang...I need to find my spell check program.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by dizziedame]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I'm very sorry that life has dealt you such a hand. No matter how hard one thinks they have it, you don't have to look far to find that someone has had it worse.

I hope that the cop that did you wrong when you were a teenager eventully got his. I've said it in other threads but not here. I really don't like 80 percent of the cops that I know. They're all badge heavy.

I am sorry for the loss of your husband. No one should have to witness such a thing. As you know, suicide is probably the most selfish act another human being can perform. I hope that your life gets better. I just don't know what else to say.
Seeashrink

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Interesting story op this just rectifies my believe that cops seem to be human like everybody else. And I can see how this is a spiraling downward case the very premise of "protect and serve" is shot in a bureaucracy, and when the job of protecting and serving becomes just that a "job" one must always put up the currency, from the pressure of the bureaucratic.. know hows. Yet the procedures must be met and are there for a reason. Personally I have had a few run ins with the douche cops, who take there jobs to personally, on there egos. But whatever as long as it ain't to costly or time consuming, and there is always the proverbial bad day and should of stayed in bed, for the cops that is. But personally I don't care what cops do, as long as they are there when the shint goes down and its time, to do there job... till then you could play cards, eat donuts, or play video games in your patrol car. As long as you snap to action when it matters, you could do as the British Queen's Guard's do stand around not blinking in a funny hat and get paid. I don't really care.

There are crimes everywhere but lets face it most are white collar crimes, because they could afford to do them. And the rest of the criminals some are poor kids caught in the wrong box, some are just deranged and would kill you for a buck, then there are the cryptically insane like the serial killers, they are like snakes in a pasture of tall grass how can one see them they are so small and unassuming, procedures and protocols they serve a purpose. And the biggest thing you have to deal with... that will eat at you is, just the bureaucratic and just people element. And dealing with people is a pretty hard job anyway you slice it. Its easier to deal in a trade that has less people to deal with. You don't have to worry to much fixing machines or something else of that nature, if you know what your doing that is...they have no humanly conceivable mind of there own or egos or feelings. Dealing with people is dealing with feelings and egos. Its a wonder civilizations and city's work at all. Maybe some cops just need someone to give them an apple to show they are appreciated or something,
or maybe they need to know what there job actually is. Who knows not me I'm not a cop.

Peace out.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

After that incident I was the target of several mental assults by members of the department. My husband killed himself using a gun to blow his brains all over the walls. I was standing in front of him when he pulled the trigger. While my husband lay dieing at the local hospital I was taken to the police station and questioned. I was accused of killing him and it took much money and time to be found not guilty.

Wow that will harden anybody against anything. Much less douche cops, some harsh circumstances you had there.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
Do I think all cops are crooked? No, and if anybody has a right to that attitude it is me.

WOW! Stuff like this happens to me all the time! And I know you didn't ask, but i'm going to tell you how i feel.

The cops would be just fine if they didn't have the power to stop you where ever you are and make you do what they say. And if you don't you're definitely getting arrested.

Our freedom is gone, How can anyone tell you what to do. I say we need another service to check and balance the cops like the cops can do us.

One question, have you ever called another human being a "civilian"?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I can't say I'm ever sorry to see a cop lose his job, but I guess that sucks for you. I'm told there are non evil, non corrupt, non power hungry cops in this nation, but I've yet to meet one myself.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
Ye She suffers greatly from PTSD and she is a shell of the person I fell in love with. I don't know if I will ever get her back.

D
Seeashrink

[edit on 24-7-2010 by seeashrink]

Was it that bad? Seems like a deputy should be more tough. I feel for you guys, but being arrested like that should not be so damaging. I suspect you are making more drama to get more money from a lawsuit.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by earthdude]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

I'm Sorry For You Sir !!, But I Think You over Simplify, From My Own Experince Most People Who Want To Be a Cop, Have A Need For Some Kind Of Power Over Others, You Said It Your Self(the hot head).
You & Your Wife Are Better Off Not Being A Part Of Said Police Force, Because
There Are Hot Heads Out Here In America As Well As The Illegals Comming Across Our Borders Who Have Put A Bounty On LEO's.
Count Your Blessings !!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

I'm very sorry for the treatment of you and your beloved wife, But you summed it up yourself MOST cops are scum. I hope those scumbags get to experience one of the happiest days of my life IE the one where an abusive cop got shot by some gangsters then got run over as they fled and all the kids he abused sat by and watched him die for a good 10 minutes. Once again I am very sorry for what happened to you and your lady my heart bleeds for you.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

In so many words it alludes to her having been violated by her former coworkers. Which seems obviously unbeknownst to you is very damaging.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I've only met one cop who was cool and happened to be a white shirt, he saw I had just over 2 ounces of something illegal and didnt even bother it he just let it sit there on my desk and told me to hide it in a better spot next time.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
reply to post by earthdude

In so many words it alludes to her having been violated by her former coworkers. Which seems obviously unbeknownst to you is very damaging.

Is it really that damaging? No, I have never been "violated" by my coworkers but I think I would heal, and I'm not a cop. I suppose I just assumed that cops would be more hardened to personal attacks. In my opinion, it seems wimpy to complain about the psychological damage from this when there are so many other things a cop must endure.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It is not wimpy to feel betrayed by the Police when they do illegal things to you.

It probably hit the OP's wife all the harder because she had been involved in similar situations on the other side, without ever realizing the damage this could be doing.

I have seen about a dozen police reports written up on situations I witnessed personally. ALL of them contained incorrect information and all of that information made the person they arrested vulnerable to even more charges.

As far as I can tell, this is standard operating procedure in most areas and departments in the United States.

A flinch when someone stabs a finger at your face becomes "Fleeing".

Not responding while being tased, making in impossible to follow commands physically, is called resisting arrest and so on.

The Police largely admit that this is the way they are trained to write reports and will sometimes admit that they know it is not strictly "right".

But really, lying to frame a person would get you and I jail time at least. What do the Police get for it?

A pat on the back!

So when she found herself suddenly on the wrong side of the badge, she would feel a sudden mental displacement, which could easily intensify the whole situation and make trauma far longer lasting.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicenico

Interesting theory, a repressed conscinece coming out. This would not be the other cop's fault.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join