It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invincible Spirit Exercise Letter to troops from General Sharp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This letter is viewable at www.rskf.mil under invincible spirit sharp, unable to get link, but the letter will open some eye's on sundays events, it was written yesterday the 22nd of July 2010..... very interesting wording by General Sharp....

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'd love to see the letter; however, i have had no luck searching with the above info.
any help would be well received!
thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
unable to get link?!

unable to search using the info in the OP?!

neither of you have been using the internet for very long, huh? it took me all of 30 seconds to produce this....

www.usfk.mil...

[edit on 24-7-2010 by tgidkp]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

in the aftermath of the unprovoked North Korean attack on the ROK Naval Ship Cheonan.

Maybe I'm not up on current events. I thought the jury was still out on that.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by electropop

in the aftermath of the unprovoked North Korean attack on the ROK Naval Ship Cheonan.

Maybe I'm not up on current events. I thought the jury was still out on that.

not to the ones who make the decisions
about going to war.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

These defensive, combined training exercises are designed to send a clear message to North Korea that its aggressive behavior must stop, and that the ROK and U.S. are committed to enhancing our combined defensive capabilities. Invincible Spirit will include the USS GEORGE WASHINGTON aircraft carrier, the ROK Naval Ship Dokdo, and approximately 200 ROK, U.S. Air Force and Navy fixed wing aircraft, to include the F-22 Raptor. Invincible Spirit, along with its follow-on exercises, will enhance the readiness of the ROK-U.S. Alliance’s naval and air forces, while improving cooperation and interoperability between our forces and increasing the Alliance’s capability to deter, and if deterrence fails, defeat North Korean provocations.

Boy, Kim is gonna go ballistic when he sees this. Or, based on his threatening to turn the sea into fire, maybe he already has...hmmm.

So this isn't really so much an "exercise" as an intimidation mission.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by electropop

The UN resolution was oddly worded. The ASEAN nations were more sympathetic to N. Korea. And then Clinton got into the fray. Kim's been threatening retaliation for the past couple of days.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Going to war no. Showing a united show of force yes. Reports are the the leader of North Korea, Kim Jon Il is very sick. This just may be a show of force to his predecessor that this is a no win situation or a message to him directly. North Korea is in very bad economic state and they are really looking for money which they have done in the past and hope to get it from the U.S.

top topics

join