It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: probably a balloon but still interesting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hello all,

Here is a video showing something unidentified. This guy is flying his rc airplane FPV (first person video) and this object comes towards his plane. What you think?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I did a frame grab and got some lighter colored pixels on the bottom and some darker colored pixels on the top:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0207a435a14.png[/atsimg]

What's interesting is the space between them.

But I am not finding enough information to make a determination.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Arbitrageur.....

OMG!!.....it's an alien invasion craft disguising itself as a pixel!!!

Run!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I will try to get the raw video file from the guy that captured this.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc4venger
I will try to get the raw video file from the guy that captured this.

Sc4venger.....

That is always the best thing to do.

I mean chances are that guy's seen the balloon & flown towards it intentionally.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If it came right at him, how come he wasn't able to tell if it was a balloon or not?
Can a helium balloon survive at that height? What was it, like 1000' or 2000' altitude?

What's sorta interesting (with my lack of computer investigating tools) is, it looks like it comes out of that cloud or...just materalizes.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment
If it came right at him, how come he wasn't able to tell if it was a balloon or not?
Can a helium balloon survive at that height? What was it, like 1000' or 2000' altitude?
What's sorta interesting (with my lack of computer investigating tools) is, it looks like it comes out of that cloud or...just materalizes.

One Moment.....

G'day again! We'll have to stop meeting like this!

I think the relatively low resolution of the video + the wide angle nature of the lens + the speed of the RC plane combine to produce the effects to which you are refering.

It will be good if we can get a clearer look via the original (assumedly higher res) video.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I'm going to throw something out here and although I have no idea how it can be done, lemme ask.

Is it possible that this guy released something (like a small ball) and although we're watching it fly horizontally, it's actually flying vertically AND......the video is played, backwards?

I know I know I know...I won't give up my day job (well, if I had one anyways) I just want to crack a case, that's all

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by One Moment]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

He's seeing what we're seeing except without the youtube compression, so getting the original video is always better.

Helium balloons can survive at 2000' and much higher:

Balloons at High Altitudes - when do they pop?

Released helium balloons explode at a height of about 28,000 - 30,000 ft. 2 studies prove that.

That's just for ordinary helium balloons, weather balloons can go more than twice that high before popping:

www.astro.caltech.edu...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Thanks for the explanations.

I would've like to have watched a little more of this video. Either prior or post because when a 'UFO' video starts and ends just long enough to capture the object, my radar detector immediately goes off. But that can just be because I am a cynical creature

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
never ever believe a 16 sec video

second line

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE
never ever believe a 16 sec video

second line

or the presumptions they present...
I have stated this before and I will again:
The lack of anything credible these days is disappointing for sure but what is more frustrating than the lack of credible sightings is the fillers people grasp at as a result of that to see what isn't there but wish to see.

I would love to see evidence of extraterrestrial visitation but refuse to grasp at video anomalies or other video exerpts to bolster what I want to see...

It just isn't happening lately no matter how much I (we) want it to happen or exist.

What we see here is a short, poor video of a balloon.
Nothing more. Nothing less.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Thanks for the explanations.

I would've like to have watched a little more of this video. Either prior or post because when a 'UFO' video starts and ends just long enough to capture the object, my radar detector immediately goes off. But that can just be because I am a cynical creature
I agree with you on other videos, often CGI, where the video ends abruptly and they don't even film the object taking off.

However in this case, I'm sure there's more video, but it probably doesn't show anything, because we can see the object come into and exit the field of view in the short segment presented. So this video doesn't scream "hoax" the way some short videos filmed from the ground do. On the other hand, the footage in this video really isn't that compelling, since as the OP suggested, there's nothing in it that suggests ruling out the balloon.

However if I interpolate some information into the pixels that isn't there, it looks like it might be a guy from zeta reticuli mooning us, so at least he's being playful and not preparing to attack!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

That seems like some pretty bad logic to go by, in my opinion.
What if a UFO quickly flies by and you can only tape it for 10 seconds.
Should the length really affect how legit it is.
Sure filming an object for a longer time is nice because theres more to look at.
But saying that someone shouldnt believe a 16 second video makes no sense.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teabags

What we see here is a short, poor video of a balloon.
Nothing more. Nothing less.

Not saying you're wrong but what am I missing here? Are you saying this cause you can see the end tied in a knot? Or some logo on it?

You are doing exactly what you just said you don't like doing. Seeing something that may not be there.

Yeah, it looks like a balloon but it also looks like a tennis, golf, base and bowling ball too.

Don't conveniently conclude just because that's an option.

And if it IS a balloon, what are the odds you're going run across one while flying a hand-glider (or whatever he was in)? I mean that alone defies logic and odds!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yeah, I get where you're going with shorter videos.

In this case I would've like to see more of the video prior to this only because, I'm not convinced we're not watching this, backwards.

I mean....instead of this object coming at him, it's actually going away. But then I know, it defies gravity to go straight unless the whole film is manipulated.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
reply to post by Dr UAE

That seems like some pretty bad logic to go by, in my opinion.
What if a UFO quickly flies by and you can only tape it for 10 seconds.
Should the length really affect how legit it is.
Sure filming an object for a longer time is nice because theres more to look at.
But saying that someone shouldnt believe a 16 second video makes no sense.

Cheers

ok let me say that i agree with you, but please show me a short clip of a UFO that will make me believe

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I'm going to throw something out here and although I have no idea how it can be done, lemme ask.
Is it possible that this guy released something (like a small ball) and although we're watching it fly horizontally, it's actually flying vertically AND......the video is played, backwards?
I know I know I know...I won't give up my day job (well, if I had one anyways) I just want to crack a case, that's all

One Moment.....

Now you're really messing with my head.....I can't even begin to process that idea!

In fact, if I don't stop thinking about I'm gonna do myself a mischief!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Was my thought that loopy? Oh geeze!
And here I had it totally envisioned in my head. I was just getting stuck on the logistics.
But c'mon, the video may be playin' backwards, where the object is really going away, not coming towards him, no?

Okay, I'll hang it up now. Thanks MMN!
Now you can relax
I won' tax that ol' noggin o'yours anymore tonight.

<<   2 >>

join