It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 sexual abuse claims linked to Jane Doe report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

G20 sexual abuse claims linked to Jane Doe report

www.thestar.com

Allegations of sexual abuse first surfaced as women were being released from the Eastern Ave. detention centre during the June 26-27 weekend that brought world leaders and thousands of demonstrators to Toronto.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.torontosun.com

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What... WHAT!?!

OK... this is news to me, but, if it's true, then it's going to become a huge black eye to the Toronto cops or any others, like the RCMP, from across the country who were involved.

What are we turning into? Iran? The Afghan Police?

Doe, the pseudonym of a woman who successfully sued police in 1986 after she was raped, women’s studies professor Beverly Bain, and Toronto Rape Crisis Centre counsellor Grissel Orellana were to present their own report to Toronto Police Services this afternoon as a counterpoint to the auditor-general’s report on how police handle sexual assault cases.

Toronto police “are unfit to conduct a review against themselves. They are not equipped to investigate themselves,” said Farrah Miranda, a spokeswoman for the activist group Toronto Community Mobilization Network that organized the news conference.

well, duh... that's like asking the fox to watch the henhouse. "Oh, no...", said the fox (with feathers and blood on his snout), "those chickens flew the coup!"

www.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I live 45 minutes away from there. My friends sister was working at the hotel they were meeting at on June 27.

I saw all sorts of videos, they all made me sick. I hate what this has turned into, and i have to admit, it doesn't really strike you until it happens in your regular travel area.

A lot of people are mad. But its nothing compared to the people who don't know about it. The sad part is, news coverage will only make it worse.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hear a couple of women speak of their experiences during their arrest and confinement:

Is this the kind of policing we, as Canadians or any other 'civilized society' can expect in the future?

new topics

top topics

join