It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge the police but keep your cool!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
just came across this video on youtube and thought it was hilarious.

its a great example of someone successfully challenging the police...something very few people will do.

www.youtube.com...

i watched it and really wanted myself to be in a situation like this where i wasnt breaking the law and the police tried to pin something on me.

if you are an innocent civillian and can keep your kool...dont be afraid to challenge the police.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

if you are an innocent civillian and can keep your kool...dont be afraid to challenge the police

I don't think 1 successful example is gonna convince too many people to try this...

Can you please grab your camcorder and put this to the test one more time..? Then, I may be game...then again, maybe not.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Lucky he wasn't Canada...they would have just handcuffed and arrested the bloke and figured it all later.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

You should only do this if you have a witness with you.

Don't try this alone.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

if you are an innocent civillian and can keep your kool...dont be afraid to challenge the police

I don't think 1 successful example is gonna convince too many people to try this...

Can you please grab your camcorder and put this to the test one more time..? Then, I may be game...then again, maybe not.

point proven...people like u are the reason the police can get away with so much wrong doings.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gamma MO

Lucky he wasn't Canada...they would have just handcuffed and arrested the bloke and figured it all later.

yeah they do that sometimes here too...arrest and then release later without charge.

waste of police time and tax payers money though

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The OP is right.

Most Police are good folks. You may not think so, because we have criminals infiltrating such organizations all the time.

But if you present yourself in a positive way, and show respect for everyone around you; you can challenge anything and almost all the time, people will choose your side. Including the Police.

Just have faith in humanity for one minute please people.

Things are going to get better it's inevitable. Stand up or sit down. Your choice.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Ahaha I think the video is narrated by DEEK JACKSON. One of the most awesome comedians alive.

He runs the F*K* NEWS. Censored of course. Because it's a really bad word.

Love that show.

Edit to add: This video is at least 4 years old.

I saw it here on ATS when it came out a LONG time ago.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Notice that he didn't curse, call the cops names, quoted law that he seems familiar with. I can't vouch for that. I'm Canadian, not versed in UK law but he gave them NO reason to touch him. THAT'S how you deal with the law.

Side note. Did you notice both of the cops speaking at the same time in their radios so that whatever was said couldn't be recorded?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I enjoyed this immensely just for sheer comedic value.

Those police officers are probably decent police officers but on that occasion I think they looked like a couple of amateurish stooges at a fancy dress party.
Who would be a copper these days?

They saw, they came and for pandering to their egos (yeah I saw) they both got transformed from police officers and keepers of the peace into a pair of hesitant balloons and sent on their way – Very entertaining indeed thank you op!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Notice that he didn't curse, call the cops names, quoted law that he seems familiar with. I can't vouch for that. I'm Canadian, not versed in UK law but he gave them NO reason to touch him. THAT'S how you deal with the law.

So true, i was once pulled over by a pair of policemen whilst driving home from working late on a site miles from where i lived, to cut a long story short there were two of us in two work trucks, late at night driving through a fairly rich country area, it was obvious we would get pulled over when we drove past the police and i dont blame them, we looked suspicious.
The point is that we were dealt with seperately, i was calm, polite and didnt swear or get annoyed. I had my name checked and truck briefly searched and then i got searched, i was then told to sit in the truck.
My workmate was instantly defensive and rude to the poilceman talking to him who proceeded to go through his truck with a fine tooth comb, they argued for ages! The policeman threatened to arrest us both as he was conviced we were "out robbing or doing drugs".
He was so antagonised by the end that he hurt himself trying to get to the other side of the truck which was parked next to a large hollybush to search it.
He accused my workmate of being on crack because his teeth are bad?! It went on for over an hour...
Eventually they let us go home without incident. I was dealt with in ten minutes but because my friend was rude and argumentative i spent well over an hour sat in the truck in the middle of nowhere at one in the morning.
Im no great fan of the boys in blue but if you are polite and dont get agressive they are fine with you.

[edit on 22/7/2010 by sileighty]

[edit on 22/7/2010 by sileighty]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You have to be kidding. I saw an old man in Leicestershire being harassed by a street mime. The old man only wanted to be on his way but the mime wouldn't let him be. The old man shook his walking cane at him and the cops took the old man away. remember, it was the old man being harassed. These cops thought they could intimidate the videographer and failed. They should have known he was well within his rights. A cousin of mine was beaten up at the local police station (Queen's GArden) after reporting a mugging. HIs solicitor told him to leave it alone because it was his word against theirs and they knew where he lived. Get real. They'd club you in a second if they thought they could. I will admit that the UK police tend to be more civil in public than US cops. If that had been US cops the shooter would have been face down on the pavement. Your are seriously naive if you think faith in humanity is warranted.

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The OP is right.

Most Police are good folks. You may not think so, because we have criminals infiltrating such organizations all the time.

But if you present yourself in a positive way, and show respect for everyone around you; you can challenge anything and almost all the time, people will choose your side. Including the Police.

Just have faith in humanity for one minute please people.

Things are going to get better it's inevitable. Stand up or sit down. Your choice.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Your COMMON law rights work equally well in Canada as it does in the u.k. it's part of the commonwealth presided over by queen elizabeth 2.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This video was featured in a talk given by John Harris called It's an illusion. A realy great speech about standing up for your rights and freedoms under common law.

His site has some good info on it too: TPUC.org

top topics

join