It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Film The Road and the NWO Agenda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I had to look up the word "dystopic" when I saw the description that goes with this Alex Jones YouTube video. The root word is "dystopia," which means the opposite of "utopia."

Alex speaks from the heart in this video, where he reviews the film The Road, directed by John Hillcoat, based on the 2006 novel by Cormac McCarthy. Alex shares with the public the impact that the film has had on him, and the fact that we, the people, need to choose good over evil - it is up to us to be a part of the solution.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This one and Children of Men were pretty depressing affairs, but informative none the less. I think the argument was even if you survived what kind of hell would it be worth to live in? In some sense it wouldseem more sane to just end your life than to be attavked and used for food, or too slowly starve to death, I can think that it would seem horrible for the children born into a world like that...but in some sense one has to try to survive and thrive despite the situation and to not give in to the situation, though it would seem almost impossible to soldier on, but I think that maybe the story, and to not trust anyone also seems to be equally destructive as well, not everyone wants to cannibalize the people they meet, but one can understand the will to survive driving the need to eat anything, though I would rather die trying to find other sources of food than give into such a deplorable degenerate behavior.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by bubbabuddha]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bubbabuddha

Thank you for posting this video.

I love what he said, "If you nevertheless choose to be compassionate and loving , in spite of everything..."

He pointed out the importance of the relationship between the man and the boy in the film.

I think that's what Alex Jones was saying in his review, as well. Our love for our children and by extension, humanity, is what should be driving us, and the things around us that threaten humanity need to be acknowledged, rather than swept under the rug or encouraged by taking part in them ourselves.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Steve Watson has written an article about the film entitled "Love Conquers All: The Message At The Heart Of The Road."

I love this passage from it:

The doting father character strives to protect his son from his own altruism, which is pitted in a struggle against a total degradation of empathy and morality in the world he is born into.

This is never more evident in the film than when the father and son’s meager shopping cart of supplies is stolen by a scavenger. They catch up to the thief and the father takes back the cart, along with everything else that the man has, including his clothes. Despite the scavenger’s wrongdoing, the boy argues with his father that it is not right to leave him to freeze to death, it is not something “the good guys” would do. Eventually the boy’s persistence with his father pays off as they turn back and leave the man’s clothes for him to find, with a can of food. This theme is revisited several times.

new topics

top topics

join