It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-Year-Old Girl Used iPod to Report Attempted Rape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

12-Year-Old Girl Used iPod to Report Attempted Rape

abcnews.go.com

Left alone with her mother's ex-boyfriend and no access to a telephone, a 12-year-old Minnesota girl found a high-tech way to call for help while bravely fighting off his repeated attempts to rape her.

According to police, on the night of July 10, Raymond Cesmat, 42, confiscated the girl's cell phone after an attemped attack and told her to leave open the door to her bedroom. But when Cesmat left the room for a few minutes, the tech-savvy tween used her iPod Touch, an MP3 player with Interne
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11338dc16f72.jpg[/atsimg]

Who said that Apple was good for nothing? At least in this case, it has allegedly saved a young girl from a very traumatic experience. This young lady was very quick thinking, which ultimately lead this situation to have a happy ending (oh, the irony). No paronomasia intended.

--airspoon

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

any gadget has internet access , not just apple,
apart from that, good call by her, used her brains and got him banged up

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I read this story about a week ago on slash dot from what I read though it was after the rape occurred so it didn't save her I'm not even sure how the Ipod features as the basis for this story. Seem's both Apple and Facebook are trying to claim credit for preventing a rape that wasn't prevented at all.

Slashdot

I think it's a pretty sickening story myself hope they lock him up for a long time somewhere very nasty.

edit : Actually looking back at the slashdot site there are some reports the Rapist has now killed himself if that's true he's hopefully burning in hell.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Teknikal]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teknikal
I think it's a pretty sickening story myself hope they lock him up for a long time somewhere very nasty.

if prison is what its like in the UK
where pedos are the lowest in the foodchain and are daily attacked.
hes got a nice and bright future of abuse him self

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

Originally posted by Teknikal

if prison is what its like in the UK
where pedos are the lowest in the foodchain and are daily attacked.
hes got a nice and bright future of abuse him self

Looks like he's dead anyway I found the story confirming it

Source

Can't say I've any sympathy in fact I view it as pretty good news.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

the story confuses me...the ipod touch played no role what so ever in her escape or his incarceration. All she did was message a friend on facebook...and that friend didn't even call the cops?

Figuring he might try a third time, the quick-thinking girl pushed her dresser in front of the door, climbed out her bedroom window and ran to a nearby gas station, where she called police from a pay phone.

The girl's mother, who had been out with a friend, was on her way to the house when police picked up the girl from a nearby elementary school.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This goes to show that adults know nothing about technology.
"What is that?"..."An Ipod"..."Ipod?"..."An Mp3 player"...Oh, Okay. Leave the door open so i can come rape you in a couple minutes okay?"

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Oh no look at that.....
I Get no signal here

But in all seriousness thank god for apple for her sake

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Seems her attackers inability or unwillingness to attack played a far greater role in her not being fully raped than the gadget she had.

He lacked the conviction to rape. And having killed himself in jail apparently lacked the stomach to be a scumbag.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Looks like the sick bastard took the coward's way out. You can bet your bottom dollar that he would have been a victim in any jail that we was put in, EVERY DAY. Inmates do not like rapists, and dislike child rapists even more. I say good riddance. One less lower life form to worry about.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Why bring up that it was an iPod???

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
like someone already mentioned, the ipod has nothing to do with this. she climbed out her window and called police from a pay phone. this is bullcrap and the title should be changed.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

I would kill my friends if they didnt call id be like this on monday...
"So what were you doing this weekend patty"
"The usual text you and tell you im gonna get raped then climb out my window use a pay phone thank god for the quarter i found in my pocket and called 911"
"Oh i went to the movies"

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This is brilliant. Little girl needs a medal

My daughter's the same age, i pity the man that tries it with her.

Go for the eyes i tell her. She will.

peace

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think many of you are missing the point here. The point being that this young lady was quick on her feet, using the technology at her disposal to reach out during a bad situation.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
The point being that this young lady was quick on her feet,

Running to a payphone.

using the technology at her disposal to reach out during a bad situation.

Payphone.

The ipod didnt do anything. According to the article her message was never even sent.

We can say modern tech failed her and she ran off to use a payphone. Which coincidentally are being removed from street corners all across the country for lack of use. In much of America the payphone is a novelty. Like, wow is that a payphone? Quick take my picture while I pretend to use it.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I think many of you are missing the point here. The point being that this young lady was quick on her feet, using the technology at her disposal to reach out during a bad situation.

--airspoon

she didnt even use the ipod

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

--airspoon

she didnt even use the ipod
It's not clear it helped her in the story in the OP I agree, but the other version of the story makes it more clear:

www.twincities.com...

She DID use the ipod, her friend got the message, and because of the ipod use, the mother was already on the way home when she got to the payphone to call.

top topics

join