It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you like to live in a Black Hole ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

A Black Hole is ... "  A black hole, according to the general theory of relativity, is a region of space from which nothing, including light, can escape. It is the result of the deformation of spacetime caused by a very compact mass. ". 

en.wikipedia.org... 

So basically a Black hole is  a region of space that has a deformation of time and an escape velocity greater then the speed of light , right ?

There is much speculation with regards to the Black Hole , ranging from how they are made to whats inside .

But have we ever considered that we just might be inside a Black Hole ? 

If I were to venture a guess , I would have to say our universe has an escape velocity greater then that of light , our universe also has a distortion of time .

One other interesting thing reported about our universe is that its not space that's expanding ,  but rather the " space " in between everything thats expanding , would this mimic what would happen to something inside a black hole ?

Either way we look at it , by definition is our universe a Black Hole ?

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Interesting theory indeed. Truth is I don't think anyone will ever known why things are the way the are and how they came to be, I don't think our brains are meant to have the capacity to understand such a thing anyway. Most of the things "known" about space are not more than someones speculative theory based upon what makes sense to the human brain, such has the theory of general relativity, but that's the problem if one person who is thought of as having figured something out that explains everything, and it's wrong, anything based upon that theory thereafter is almost certainly wrong as well. What if Einsteins theory of general relativity was completely wrong, then a lot of things we think we know about how things work and how things could have come to be are completely wrong.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
You may find this interesting, this persons theory also suggest we live in a black hole, although its just a small part of a larger whole theory.

Black hole page
white hole page

if you want to read the more about this persons theory of reality, start here.

Its really well done, I think I am going to make a thread about this guys site.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by CREAM]

[edit on 22-7-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I remember seeing a documentary on space etc and they said that if we were captured by a black hole and sucked through, we would be compressed and squished into a spaghetti like matter lol.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigOrange
Truth is I don't think anyone will ever known why things are the way the are and how they came to be, I don't think our brains are meant to have the capacity to understand such a thing anyway.

I dont buy that. I think the most intelligent of humans are capable of understanding, and some people are well on their way to doing just that. And once they have figured it out everyone will know. Gaining knowledge takes time. Look at our level of advancement and knowledge compared to 2000 years ago for example.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
we cant be living in a black hole, the gravity would crush us.
the other thing is with the travelling in or through a black hole, not possible, because you would hit the high density mass like driving into a wall.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You mean besides the Black Hole called Washington DC ?

No thanks. I'll take neither one.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

Originally posted by BigOrange
Truth is I don't think anyone will ever known why things are the way the are and how they came to be, I don't think our brains are meant to have the capacity to understand such a thing anyway.

I dont buy that. I think the most intelligent of humans are capable of understanding, and some people are well on their way to doing just that. And once they have figured it out everyone will know. Gaining knowledge takes time. Look at our level of advancement and knowledge compared to 2000 years ago for example.

Perhaps if simplified for every person to understand then yes you're probably right, but all the scientific knowledge and mathematics it would take to understand how absolutely everything in the universe works and how it came to be is quite a lot of information and I'm guessing some people just wouldn't be able to grasp it unless put in to layman's terms

[edit on 7/23/2010 by BigOrange]

top topics

join