It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gonna be 50 in August and pissed at the youth of today..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

The reasons why this is an issue are many and anon. For some of us, our parents were too busy working just to try and keep food on the table and a roof over our heads. For some of us, our parents were too busy with their own emotional garbage to pay us much attention. For some us, our parents were too busy dragging us to club after club and event after event. For some of us, our parents were too busy coddling us.

I know that a lot of older folks (and by older, I mean older than me, not old. Average life expectancy is 75 or 80, so old starts at around 95 these days) are going to think it's because we're coddled and spoiled. But, seriously, think about this. Between divorce and out-of-wedlock births, the majority of us are from broken homes. Did you have to deal with that? I started learning all about hard drugs at the age of 12. Did you even know what things like coc aine and meth were at the age of 18? School shootings, gangs, rampant drug use...all these things are daily realities for us. Did you have to deal with that? I had to take 3 years of science, 1 year of a foreign language, 4 years of math, 4 years of english, 3 years of social studies; I had to have all that just to graduate high school. Did you have that many requirements?

I'm not saying that I've had it harder than most in the older generations because that would be ridiculous. I'm just asking you to try to understand that just because I had more gadgets and more "coddling" doesn't mean that it was all gravy.

For most of us, we don't know things you consider basic because we were never taught. It's not that we're dumb; we've just had our heads filled with other stuff. As for how arrogant and stupid most of us are...well, youth has a bad habit of making one that way.
edit on 19-11-2010 by gnosticquasar because: clarifying myself

new topics

<< 1   >>

join