It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whale of a tale!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

A couple on a whale-watching trip off Cape Town, South Africa, say they had a lucky escape when a 10m (33ft) specimen leapt on to their yacht.

whale story

The southern right whale, a species known for poor eyesight, snapped the mast before sliding back into the water, said Paloma Werner.

She and her partner had just seconds to take cover, she said. A nearby tourist caught the moment on camera.

"I still like whales," Ms Werner told the BBC afterwards.

The southern right whale navigates by sound, leading Ms Werner to suspect it was an accident.

"Our boat's engine was off and so the whale just didn't know we were there," she said.

"We were just the wrong boat, in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Wow..talk about a close call, i wonder if the whale was pissed off at them for something..

"Suddenly I heard my partner shout and when I looked around, I saw the huge thing breaching on to the deck.

"Instinctively, I took cover as the mast came crashing down. I saw my partner, Ralph, dive for cover behind the yacht's wheel. Then the whale slid down the side of the boat and back into the water."

A tourist on another boat caught it on film..good shot!

The leaping whale was caught on camera, apparently by a tourist on another boat who later passed it on through a tour guide.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Already posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Well, i did a search with anything with the word Whale in it..nothing came up..

my badd....

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

No stress
I just happened to have my firefox window open with the thread from earlier on. I've often had the same problem, damn MSM using umpteen different headlines

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
thats awesome nature fighting back Free Willy

top topics

join