It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello to Manzanar: An Internment Camp Experience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Incredible topic. I am sure there are multiple "contingency" plans in place for the future use of a historic site such as this. Like hey guys lets purchase the material to build a fence and then store it in one of the "historic" barracks until such time as F.E.M.A. needs to "protect" as many Americans as possible.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I've contacted the Manzanar Commitee with this information. I'm looking to get this thing discovered - and blow the doors wide open on this government treachery!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

As a side note, just for Sh8ts and giggles - how many here feel this is a cover up explanation of what the real intentions for Manzanar are?

Well I do not trust this government any farther then I can throw them so it is plausible it is a cover story. And the road construction seems to point in that direction. Why widen the road if you just want to restore a tourist attraction.

Apparently they are expecting a lot of traffic in the future with lots of tourist since they will all be out of jobs and have nothing else to do but visit tourist sites in the country. And lord knows WWII Japanese internment camps are very popular.

No offense ANNED, your information is right on the money, I just find it SO GODDANG APPROPRIATE for the U.S. government to use Taxpayer dollars to fund such an asinine project as something like this while the U.S. Government totters on the brink of Financial Collapse!

A couple of things that could account for this are simply bureaucratic incompetence, also the park service trying to get/keep as much of it's share of the budget as possible or increase it since if bureaucracies do not spend all thier money in a fiscal year they will get less the following year. Combine these two things and that can account for most of the inane stuff government does.

I tend to lean toward cover up as you however never underestimate the sheer incompetence of government bureaucracy!

[edit on 22-7-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I couldn't agree more with your points! government incompetancy is (WAS) a fairly demanding issue - in the past. Welcome to a leaner, more robust form of government - one that wants to monitor your personal obesity, monitor your family life, monitor your health, monitor your thoughts - and hold you accountable if you violate thier guidlines for such.

Take a look at the 111th sessions of the House and of the Congress to review the latest legislation on these topics. Better yet, I've already done the work for you!

Take a look at this:

U.S. Political Secracy: TimeLine of Legislative Entrapment

Now... tell me that this is just a case of Government Incompetancy, after reviewing the information I provided in the above thread.

I think you just changed your mind! =
=

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by who_sright?
Incredible topic. I am sure there are multiple "contingency" plans in place for the future use of a historic site such as this. Like hey guys lets purchase the material to build a fence and then store it in one of the "historic" barracks until such time as F.E.M.A. needs to "protect" as many Americans as possible.

lol... I love it!

From the National Parks Services: "Today we've enshrined the Manzanar Historic Site with authentic replications of the 1942 era's razor wire. We've also accompanied this new developement with Live human replications of what it was like to live in Manzanar. you can read the human replication's comments on a special blog we've set up for our guests to hear what their experience at Manzanar is like! Please go to www.manzanarexperience.gov to get the scoop on what's being said!"

yep, your tax dollars hard at work!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I applaud you taking this trip. It is amazing how many Americans take such a little interest in the internment camps. My mother worked on the Redress project for many,many years.

Even Joe DiMaggio's paraents got arrested.

Many of these people were Americans, and they had everything taken from them.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yeah - it truly is ashame that of all the American Internment Camps, Manzanar was the only one that got noticed!

I wonder if people will start noticing when they start getting interned.... This thread's interest rating shows that that's more than likely the case.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
why can't I star and flag this thread?

Very good thread...and deserves more attention....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join