It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran calls for fairer world body than UN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
There we go, this is exactly what I asked Iran to do, well at least in one of my comments here in ATS, and Iran has done it. Finally:

Senior Iranian official Ali Larijani, whose country is under strong pressure from the United Nations over its nuclear program, called on Monday for a more powerful global body free of big-power domination.

This is what I said to Iran:

Iran should just pull out of UN as a whole and help build a new UN without the VETO middle finger.

The UN has clearly shown that its laws are only implemented where the empires want it to be implemented, that is why they have VETO power.

That is the soul reason for the creation of UN, to serve the world empires who were on the brink of destroying humanity as a whole through nuclear holocaust.

Thank you Iran for listening:

"The current prevailing structure of power has not only been unable to secure international peace and security, but has also led to the emergence of such new phenomena as terrorism in a very dangerous and organized framework," he declared.

"No doubt this inability is due to the double standards and unilateral policies exercised by the big powers, including the USA," Larijani added.

www.haaretz.com...

More:

This incompetence is undoubtedly due to the double-standard approach and unilateral policies of the major powers, and particularly the United States, toward other nations, Larijani noted.

He went on to say that the IAEA and the UN Security Council should deal with countries that have stockpiled vast arsenals of various types of weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear weapons.

However, those organizations have instead opted to step up pressure on countries that legitimately seek access to nuclear technology meant for peaceful purposes, he added.

More:

The Iranian parliament speaker also said that the United Nations has been lax in fulfilling its duties.

Without a doubt, the raison d’être of the United Nations is promoting world peace and security and preventing wars between countries and aggression, he stated.

Larijani lamented the fact that over six decades since the establishment of the UN, the world has witnessed many harrowing and brutal wars, namely the United States’ war against Vietnam, the U.S.-led wars against Afghanistan and Iraq, and the Israeli attack on Lebanon in 2006.

Interesting..

Anyone thinks he is lying anywhere in his statements?

I would like to hear, and listen.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Problem I see is that this kind of change only tends to come about after the big conflicts and then those type of changes are driven by the winners of said conflicts.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Problem I see is that this kind of change only tends to come about after the big conflicts and then those type of changes are driven by the winners of said conflicts.

Well as long as Iran doesn't give itself a VETO power, I'm happy with that.

Better than today's bullyism policy which the UN is silent about.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Well as long as Iran doesn't give itself a VETO power, I'm happy with that.

Better than today's bullyism policy which the UN is silent about.

Who ever becomes the big cheese will push their goals, aspirations and ever changing political agenda on everyone else in the same kind of bullyism you feel the UN represents today.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Down with Iran - they are calling for fairer?

Down with these torturers and murders.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
is it just me or is Iran coming out with allot of common sense lately (more than ours that's for sure) seriously people are we gonna stand back and watch this country be attacked by our governments and military (its just a case of when) i mean were already trying to cripple them economically. its a backwards world we live in and it's really starting to get old... fast!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

No, Iran is a torturing country - let them lie there.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
is it just me or is Iran coming out with allot of common sense lately (more than ours that's for sure) seriously people are we gonna stand back and watch this country be attacked by our governments and military (its just a case of when) i mean were already trying to cripple them economically. its a backwards world we live in and it's really starting to get old... fast!

its because the prophet told them 1500 years ago that this would happen, and the iranians who are shia muslims are the last few true muslims. the muslims you see in saudi arabia driving expensive cars and funding terrorists in iraq, afghansitan and pakistan are fake. the next war will be miserable for every human and i'm truly sad, in fact as punishment for every human who sat back and allowed the war to happen there will be a greater punishment.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

may i ask what country you come from, im pretty sure your country wouldnt touture anybody or murder huh. were all human beings at the end of the day and we all have goverments that commit atrocities in our name. iran's pretty low on the list of crimminal country's you might want to look a little closer to home.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
There already is a fairer world body
They call themselves the General Assembly, of the UN

Let's all support them in rolling the minority of big players
The "In-security Council" has always pushed the needs of the major players through war and the preparation for war.

Iran may be a "torturing country", but you would need a pretty tortured view of history to think that they stand alone in this. Historically, he who casts the first stone on "Who's a nasty torturer" is likely to get smacked in the back of the head with it. I mean let's all vote Bhutan into the top job!.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

i littrely just started reading the Qur'an last night im only on the introduction but im looking foward to reading more.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Iran, make peace with Iraq.

Otherwise forget it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hmm.. I wonder if this is the end game. What better way to implement a NWO/One World Government?

Seriously, the UN and the United States are not structured in a way that would allow for the final leap from seperate countries to a singular governing power. So if the US is demonstrated as a rogue empire and the UN is a toothless dog, then the "victim" de jour comes forward with a "great idea" to start a new unifying body and it becomes popular....

ANyway, maybe it is just the coffee talking, but it seems an interesting way to go about it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Who ever becomes the big cheese will push their goals, aspirations and ever changing political agenda on everyone else in the same kind of bullyism you feel the UN represents today.

Not all people support American type of bullyism.

You are making assumptions and generalizing.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by oozyism

Otherwise forget it.

LOL:

BAGHDAD, Feb. 12 (UPI) -- A joint Iraq-Iran trade meeting in Baghdad called for $5 billion in new trade, including in the oil and electricity sectors, and agreed on follow-up committees.

This was 2009

They have very good relations, especially since the government of Iraq is Shiia dominated.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by oozyism

Otherwise forget it.

LOL:

BAGHDAD, Feb. 12 (UPI) -- A joint Iraq-Iran trade meeting in Baghdad called for $5 billion in new trade, including in the oil and electricity sectors, and agreed on follow-up committees.

This was 2009

They have very good relations, especially since the government of Iraq is Shiia dominated.

new topics

top topics

join