It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you really force people to get along?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I am of the mindset that, yes, in a perfect world, we would all get along. You can try to legislate 'diversity', but it's not always going to be the social utopia that people think it's going to be.

news.yahoo.com...

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

No, you cannot force anyone to get along. What you should do is just sepearate those willing to live peacefully (and freely) from those wishing to fight over things as stupid as race. But hey..."oh how beautiful is freedom".

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Can you force people to get along ?

Depends how much effort and energy you're prepared to put into the forcing

Sure, you could force people into a charade of getting-along. But the time, effort and energy required would create an even worse situation, most likely

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
. You can try to legislate 'diversity', .

that is a scary statement....legislation of thoughts and opinions.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild

Originally posted by Darkrunner
. You can try to legislate 'diversity', .

that is a scary statement....legislation of thoughts and opinions.

I agree 100%. I am in no way shape or form in favor of segregation, but to spend taxpayer money busing students in to a school district to support some sort of 'diversity policy', I just don't understand...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by time91
reply to post by Darkrunner

No, you cannot force anyone to get along. What you should do is just sepearate those willing to live peacefully (and freely) from those wishing to fight over things as stupid as race. But hey..."oh how beautiful is freedom".

Took the words right out of my mouth. Have the people that don't want to get along separated from the others and then they can hate and kill as much as they want.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
i dont think you can force them, but you might be able to manipulate them, example would be by uniting them against a common enemy, i think the only thing that could do that to the entire world at once now would be a "independence day" style invasion, but i dont really want that haha.

top topics

join