It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fly Geyser

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
In 1964, a geothermal power company drilled a test site and by accident made this breath taking geyser. Located in the Hulapei Valley north of Gerlach, Nevada the Fly Geyser looks like something out of this world.

Not many people have seen this geyser in person since its on private property. Its definitely something I would share with the public.

I can at least say something harmless and beautiful has been caused by drilling.

www.youtube.com...

sources...
www.cmdrmark.com...
blog.travelnevada.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If only most accidents created something as beautiful as this. How much MORE beautiful would Earth look.

Thanks alot for sharing this. Really made me sit and stare.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Whose 'pricate property' is that ?

I'm guessing US Gov if it's in Nevada or is it the Indian tribe..?

either way strange looking structure, looks off-worldly...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yeah I was reading up on the whole "private property" thing and you have to call for permission to go there. Currently though they are not permitting visitors.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
wow thats a cool looking Geyser, crazy that it was created from an accident.

thanks for sharing.

[edit on 7/21/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
yeah, that thing is cool. amazing how things can happen.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by monguzi]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Is this in the middle of the dessert? I mean was it drilled surrounded by sand, or is there water close by? I mean if this water just came up from nowhere you have a remarkable well. I would think life would start to flourish there. Makes you wonder if you drill in other dry places would you get the same effect. Could be a good idea for future farming I guess is where I am heading with this.

Very beautiful indeed. Thank you OP for posting S&F from me!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Super Cool!! Thanks, OP!!
There is a SMALL, geo-thermal plant, at the base of my Valley, in Nevada. The wells, are only 700' deep. I'm giving STRONG cosideration, to buying a well-drilling rig, that has a 1,000" capacity, and gererating OUR OWN electricity, from a big turbine, instead of using small wind-turbines, and concentrated solar (thermal) power.
I figure, it costs 3x as much, to buy the equipment, as have a SINGLE well drilled. I need at least 6 wells. Most of my "neighbors", need a well. Seems like a no-brainer, to me. (Yes- my long-term plan, is to have 100% employment, in our Valley!)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
When I saw the first picture I thought it was something from Walt Disney World! At a quick glance reminded me of Cinderella's Castle. Nice find thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Truly Awesome...it looks like one of those posters that have a mystical theme to it...it certainly doesn't look like anything from this world.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

it is fake.created with cgi or photoshop.

you have all been fooled.

I analysed and it's not real

more likely cgi art.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

That was my first impression too. Something about the colors on the first pic. The last two were more realistic. I hate to be a wet blanket about these things.
So, I checked and it is a real place:
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 7/21/2010 by zachi]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zachi

That was my first impression too. Something about the colors on the first pic. The last two were more realistic. I hate to be a wet blanket about these things.
So, I checked and it is a real place:
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 7/21/2010 by zachi]

Anyone can set up a wiki page with fake photos.

Wiki is not accredited with any truthful obligations.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
after reading it turnes out to be happening in 1916 rather then 1964

but besides that s+f for the OP

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

reply to post by zachi

Obviously you two have never been to Yellowstone.... Or else you would know what kind of color comes out of these things.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

reply to post by zachi

Obviously you two have never been to Yellowstone.... Or else you would know what kind of color comes out of these things.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by DaMod]

Those pictures are definitaely fake.Digitally tampered with to emphazise colors.

Even a freeware program like irfanview can change colors or enhance them.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Please people dont fight. Maybe the colors were enhanced maybe not. It is definitely real. Their is a contact number to get permission to access the property though.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I wonder how big it is, and if there were crystal springs there before they originally drilled?

Have they used the site for geo-thermal energy production?

Or is this something that has formed since the well was drilled?

Wouldn't this be a natural byproduct of geo-thermal with hot water mineral springs?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Like I said before the colors might be enhanced but the Yellowstone photos speak for themselves. Thanks for those links by the way. Its not like I would go out of my way to post something that was a hoax. Why would someone make up a geyser? Pointless. We will just call it the chupacabra geyser.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The colours might be enhanced in the Yellowstone pictures, but I doubt it. A lot of springs and natural wells have such amazing colourations. Usually they are due to either mineral deposits in the water or bacteria actively colonizing such features. Bacteria that can adapt to such harsh conditions usually take on strange colourations, much as insect colouration is influenced by diet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join