It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Windowfarms project: grow your own veggies inside your home!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Wouldnt it be great if you could survive, growing your own food when SHTF or simply dont have the money to buy veggies (without pesticides and other hazardous chemicals?)
But you live in the big city and cannot afford a farm in the mountains.....

Check out the Windowfarms Project, a fantastic new answer to the worlds food problem. Its easy, non commercial and only the beginning of a worldwide trend if you ask me.
Britta Riley started this great idea and I bet you like it.

www.windowfarms.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
That is so cool!!
I bookmarked that page for future reference. Right now I have herbs all over the house, but that is a great way to take advantage of south facing windows.

I would assume algea would have been her first problem, but then she switched to white pots. I might try that one day.

I have acreage, but only a two month growing season. That could extend the season by months.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My wife and I are getting ready to move and guess what's going in the windows? This is great! Even if we have land to grow on there are certain herbs and veggies that you just can't beat when fresh.
Thank you so much ahamarlin, it's things like this that make ATS such an awesome place to share and learn.

S&F

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

This is awesome. Can't wait to try these out.

I wonder if they can be used outside as well as inside. Either way, it should provide something for urban families when society breaks down.

One issue is keeping your garden a secret. Because when society breaks down, everyone you ever told about your garden will be knocking on your door asking for a free handout.

I wonder if potheads were the ones who came up with this idea. Hehe... J/K!

new topics

top topics

join