It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP claims seepage not from their well and 'naturally occurring'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

BP claims seepage not from their well and 'naturally occurring'

www.americablog.com

Energy giant BP said Monday that seepage near its Gulf of Mexico well was unrelated to the massive oil leak that has at least temporarily been capped.

BP spokesman Mark Proegler told Reuters: "Scientists have concluded that the seep was naturally occurring."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

en.wikinews.org

[edit on 20-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What scientists? Ones hired by BP? Well if so of course this is the excuse they will give. And what about the seep 50 feet from the well? Is that natural too? Sorry. This disaster changed any natural events that were taking place down there. So I find it hard to believe that all these seeps are natural. That's just my opinion though.

www.americablog.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Just a thought but wasn't BP shares falling down and now after this watch people start buying BP shares again, if it [BP] can prove it a natural leak.
Only personal opinion that is since I have no facts to back up what I have said it was only a thought.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by k3rm1t]

[edit on 20-7-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Those are not the droids you're looking for...........

It's next to impossible to prove anything a mile under the surface of the Ocean. Methane does leak naturally and BP has better lawyers.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There is more than one leak. Don't let the focus on this "one" put you off recognizing that.

They could prove that the leak isn't related. They could open the cap, and when the leak continues for a day or two unabated, that would show that this is correct.

As it is, they aren't totally lying. They just aren't telling the truth.

The seep is natural.

But if the break in the crust where is happening has been intersected by a fracture coming from the well, or the presures in the well are close enough that the "natural" well is INTERACTING with the Macando well - the seep is being CAUSED by the Macando well.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

they plummeted but most bp employees knew they were gonna drop like a sack of rocks, they all sold all there stocks, now they're buying them back up for way cheaper, i have a few friends who have already made 50+grand off this disaster.

to stock investors this entire event was just another opportunity to make money.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Exactly. Too many people attack what they 'think' is being said instead of what is actually being said.

much like W's 'Mission Accomplished"

new topics

top topics

join