It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of the Council on Foreign Relations on Afghanistan: 'It's not worth it'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

Yep. And don't forget the water pipelines. Why do people think Russia was in Afghanistan. He who controls the Middle Eastern and Central Asian chokepoints to India and China controls the world. China knows this very well too. I think they're letting the U.S, wear themselves out, and then, either they and/or Russia make a move with the support of their SCO and NAM counterparts.

Stratego.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I don't think TPTB are stupid enough to allow such a scenario to play out. If China is waiting for the US to tire out, I think it would be strategically planned. the CFR has some of the best minds on the planet, who get paid some really big bucks to do what they do.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Yeah. But here's something to think about too...

Brzezinski’s Nightmare of 2007 Is Back

Brzezinski formulated his critique of the neocon methods of aggression and imperialistic geopolitics in his testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in February 2007, going so far as to point out the likely scenario of a false flag event or Gulf of Tonkin incident designed to embroil the United States in direct military hostilities with Iran.

The heart of Brzezinski’s analysis was this: ‘If the United States continues to be bogged down in a protracted bloody involvement in Iraq, the final destination on this downhill track is likely to be a head-on conflict with Iran and with much of the world of Islam at large.

A plausible scenario for a military collision with Iran involves Iraqi failure to meet the benchmarks; followed by accusations of Iranian responsibility for the failure; then by some provocation in Iraq or a terrorist act in the U.S. blamed on Iran; culminating in a “defensive” U.S. military action against Iran that plunges a lonely America into a spreading and deepening quagmire eventually ranging across Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.’

Today we could add Lebanon and Syria to that list, plus perhaps Yemen, Somalia, Sudan, and some others in central Asia.

2007...2010. Same scenarios playing out. Same CFR refocusing attention on N, Korea to deflect from tensions in the ME.

Interesting stuff.

[edit on 7/24/2010 by ~Lucidity]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join