It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seepage is 3 km from well: WHouse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Seepage is 3 km from well: WHouse

www.montrealgazette.com

WASHINGTON - The seepage feared to be linked to BP's crucial well test in the Gulf of Mexico is three kilometers (1.9 miles) away from the actual wellhead, the White House said Monday.

The U.S. government earlier authorized BP to keep the busted well shut in for another 24 hours despite the mysterious seepage and other anomalies that could indicate the wellbore below the seabed is damaged and leaking.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Oil spewing from crack in seafloor of Gulf of Mexico was fifty feet from Deepwater Horizon well

ROV detects leaks in Deepwater Horizon well cap

[edit on 19-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well I guess Matt Simmons of MSNBC was right about this one. Though he says 5-6 miles, nonetheless he was still right. I just cannot believe it took the government and such until now to acknowledge it or even publicly say it. This all could have been taken care of months ago if BP would have acknowledged this. BTW BP still has yet to say anything is currently leaking, despite the fact they have a live feed showing the well leaking for several hours now.

Also note that MSM has barely said a word about these leaks on the well...its just shocking really.

www.montrealgazette.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I like this one. It is a half truth.

Measuring devices on BP's cap have given steadily increasing high-pressure readings since tests began Thursday, indicating there are no major leaks in the wellbore.

That really depends on what your target pressure is expected to be.

And what your definition of "major" is.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Nice find. I don't know if it is just me, but the feed on the BP site is down. Have you or anyone else noticed this today? Either way this is getting even stranger now that the gov't has finally admitted there are other problems with this capped well.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You know it is really funny that BP has lowered their pressure goals for this new caip. Are they going to keep lowering the pressure goal until it is what the pressure is now. I think I read it was staying around 6775 psi.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

Nice find. I don't know if it is just me, but the feed on the BP site is down. Have you or anyone else noticed this today? Either way this is getting even stranger now that the gov't has finally admitted there are other problems with this capped well.

i don't think they had a choice but to admit it. They have people like us watching the feeds hours on end, taking screen shots and video, emailing officials and BP for statements. I don't think they could keep a lid on the situation any longer. But yes the feeds are dying one by one. They were all working perfectly 20 minutes ago and now only 5 are running out of the over 12 feeds available...coincidence? I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You are right. I am showing five feeds, but only three of them are actually showing anything, and even those views are circumspect.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I can bet they were wishing that the internet never existed. Imagine this same situation happening in the early 80's Bp would have done whatever they wanted and the general public would not have even known what was happening. Thank god for technology or ET for those who believe.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Watching this exact story on CNN at this very moment, so it seems the speculation was correct. Because you know they know exactly whats going on right now, supposedly the Admiral is about to debrief everyone momentarily.

The plot thickens.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PersonalChoice

I wonder what story he is going with.

1. Cap worked and leak stopped
2. Cap did not work and there is other leaks.
3. cap works and the other leaks are just normal nothing to worry about.

I will say either 2 or 3 and I am leaning hard towards #3. I would love to see him come out and say the cap is leaking and there are even more significant leak spots around the BOP. Not wanting a doomsday scenario just for them to tell us some resemblance of the truth.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thad Allen just said in his briefing that it is 3 miles, not kilometers from the riser.

www.cnn.com

Nope. He just corrected himself...it is 3 km...even though he did say 3 miles in the beginning of his briefing.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by lasertaglover]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Watching Thad Allen on cnn and hearing them discuss that maybe the well may not have been as big as first thought. I have a hard time thinking that BP would go and drill for a well that is so small. From certain reports earlier on this was supposed to be one of the largest ever in the Gulf of Mexico. So what is the truth? I guess we will never know.

I guess that he decided to use the number 3 answer I posted earlier. Go figure.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There used to be a radio host on GCN who was ex coast guard.
He was not too keen on Thad Allen's integrity, or his motives, or his agenda.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Well has no integrity. BP's board of directors has no integrity. The sea floor in this canyon is losing integrity. Thad having little might actually make him the only thing with any integrity at all in this whole shmoozle.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Every time he is on tv he looks so uneasy about what he is saying. I get the feeling he is only being the mouthpiece for BP. He is always shifting those eyes around almost like he doesn't want to look you in the face. Whatever it is he does look uncomfortable about this situation.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

BP says seepage unrelated to blown Gulf wellText

So far this is just looking like one of the many natural seeps from the ocean floor in the GOM.

Best to keep our eyes on it, but definitely NOT the supposed oil volcano hole Matt Simmons has been referring to, if it even exists

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
www.reuters.com...

BP says seepage unrelated to blown Gulf wellText

So far this is just looking like one of the many natural seeps from the ocean floor in the GOM.

Best to keep our eyes on it, but definitely NOT the supposed oil volcano hole Matt Simmons has been referring to, if it even exists

There is seepage at least 50 feet from the well. Viking Poseidon confirmed that, and we confirmed the location. The 3km seep may be natural, but the 50 foot away from the well seep? Not likely.

Also realize the 3km seep would be based on "natural" circumstances. This incident changed whatever natural events were taking place down there. So the natural argument is looking very slim in my opinion. Had the rig not exploded, sank to the floor, and all other methods to stop the leak didn't fail, I would be more apt to say natural. Since all those things happened, then it's hard to accept all these seeps are natural.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

So what seafloor "seepage" was Thad Allen referring to? The seep 3 kilometers way or the seep near the well?

Yes I'd say the chances of a natural seep that close to the well would be a huge coincidence considering the size of the GOM, but It it isn't impossible.

At this stage though it would be safe to assume it may not be natural.

You mention that ATS has confirmed it's location... Can you also confirm how much oil is coming out? I get the feeling you are referring to the thread titled "ATS members confirm seafloor oil leak" or something along those lines..

Correct me if I am wrong but if it's the video you are referring to posted by Morpheus in his thread opening it only shows silt being churned up by the ROV's rotors IMO.

I'm just curious how you know for sure there is an oil leak coming from the seafloor 50 feet from the well...

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

From June 13:

Also: Oil spewing from crack in seafloor of Gulf of Mexico was fifty feet from Deepwater Horizon well

The seep Allen talked about is about 2 miles from the well itself. The June 13 seep was 50 feet from the well. See for yourself...its oil. You see the bubbling, the oil trails etc.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join