It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you own Gold, Are you Sure its Gold?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have been following this subject for years with just snippits coming to the surface in a very very slow trickle, i think you will see why, this could be one of the biggest scandels of all time because of the implications to every nation and man on earth. Do you own Gold, are you sure you own Gold? Do we as a nation own Gold? Or do we own something else, like the Ethiopians, and the Chinese found out? I am just asking the question, make of the information i include in the links below for what you will, i am mearly asking the basic question, a question that has catostrophic implications for us all, Do you own Gold, are you sure, and if you dont, Who does and why?

www.zerohedge.com...
agmetalminer.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.daily.pk...
www.telegraph.co.uk... tml
www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 19-7-2010 by 1947flxible]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

Well, it's heavy, soft and makes a dull thud instead of a ringing note like silver does when you hit it. There are however no ways fo see beneath the surface and prove there is not another similar metal contained within.
When you use a metal tester, it only tests the surface. Likely there is ultrasound technology that can be used to check for non gold cores but I've never seen one. Most simple thing is to cut it open and look which spoils collector value somewhat.
The bigger the bar, the easier it is to hide a surprize center in it.

Gold is not the issue, it is the issue that govt, paid for and catered to in exchange for security and objectivity has not lived up to it's franchise and has cut the public loose while the ruling class themselves climb in the lifeboat that you paid for by money diverted away rom the purpose of keeping the entire nation safe.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by mordant1]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1
reply to post by 1947flxible

Well, it's heavy, soft and makes a dull thud instead of a ringing note like silver does when you hit it. There are however no ways fo see beneath the surface and prove there is not another similar metal contained within.
When you use a metal tester, it only tests the surface. Likely there is ultrasound technology that can be used to check for non gold cores but I've never seen one. Most simple thing is to cut it open and look which spoils collector value somewhat.
The bigger the bar, the easier it is to hide a surprize center in it.

Gold is not the issue, it is the issue that govt, paid for and catered to in exchange for security and objectivity has not lived up to it's franchise and has cut the public loose while the ruling class themselves climb in the lifeboat that you paid for by money diverted away rom the purpose of keeping the entire nation safe.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by mordant1]

No I'm sorry but gold IS the issue here. People count on tangible commodities like gold as a hedge against intangible and fiat investments like stocks and currencies. Many investors use precious metals as a safety net, and if that is being tampered with, then we have a very serious problem.

We've been talking for the last few months here in he newsroom about how the gold market seems just too good to be true, and that starts journalists looking.

We have come to the theory that the whole damn gold market might be a racket, like the diamond market in the 70s and 80s, but we can't prove it yet.

If you are worried about your gold not being pure gold, the best bet I would say is to buy gold coinage instead of bars, as the coins are minted by governments and ensured to be legitimate. If you do not trust one government, there are many that offer coinage, so pick and choose.

Another potential that I have seen is to diversify into other metals, gold is insanely expensive right now, hedge that with say silver or platinum. It's true that all of the metals markets will follow similar trends in price but if you are worried about purity, it's a good way to spread risk.

Edit: If you are really worried about the purity of the gold that you do have, you can get bars smelted into other forms such as chain or just other bars. Melting the gold surely will show you what its composition is, but it costs money to do so.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by ProjectJimmy]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Not if its that 417 gold that is some cheap stuff???????
2nd

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Think Big picture, the gold Chinas Central Bank recieved from the U.S. Treasury had Fort Knox ID stamping, and it was fake, Russias Central Bank is selling Gold Coins that "Rust", Gold That Rusts? Ethiopias Central Bank has fake gold in its central Bank and are currently auditing it, proven by South Africa, Look At The Big Picture, these arent private investors, these are national banks.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I've been buying gold since about 2005, when it was around $400 an ounce. When I received the first batch of coinage (American Gold Eagles), I immediately took a couple of samples down to my jeweler, who has the chemistry and gear to make a firm determination of the elemental content. There's an acid test, a specific gravity test, and an electric current test, as I recall, that together tell you the exact composition of your "gold"... Mine tested as 99.xxx pure Gold Bullion, just as advertised.

Today, I believe the stuff is worth about $1800 to $1900 per ounce, a decent return on my initial investment, to be sure, but I'm not selling. The only way to appreciate the value of Gold is to sit on it patiently, as markets rise and fall and rise.

Incidentally, the only way to sell your gold at a decent profit is to sell it BACK to the big gold exchanges where you bought it originally. DO NOT try to sell your gold at the pawn shop or to these other small-time places with hand-painted signs out front reading "WE BUY GOLD!"

The small-timers will consistently offer you only about 30% of the current market value, and they won't budge on the price, either. You'll take a raping if you sell your gold to them.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Caveat emptor indeed. There are scammers out there.

What sort of container were the buried gold coins in? Steel perhaps? Any chance the rust spots came from something other than the coins?

There is no substantiation for the claims about the Hong Kong gold.

The Ethiopian scammers get to defend themselves (this ought to be good).
nazret.com...

The whole Fort Knox story is a crock. This guy has done a lot of research into the rumor.

Effectively, the story was trying to say that not only was there little or no US gold at Fort Knox, but the same conclusion might be arrived at with other central banks that had received this fake gold from the US. As proof, the story said that these US government bars had showed up at a (central?) bank in Hong Kong. It was too bad for the story, but there never was any evidence from any source to support the Hong Kong/central bank allegation. As far as I could tell, the Hong Kong thing was all pure and simple unsubstantiated rumor designed to support the 1.3 to 1.5 million bars story.

www.safehaven.com...

[edit on 7/19/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

How exactly can you count on or even expect decent weights and measures in an institutionally corrupt management culture that's cut the public adrift from the ship of state?? THe public isnt expected to hold their dear leaders words or promises for anything remotely resembing a standard, so why would the next level of predators keep their word either?
It's all crumbling as we speak, the american expectation of a universally polite world culture, which can never happer. Everybody's looking to preserve some fragment of their former wealth while the house is burned un concerned that nobody is doing anything to stop those carrying the torches,

top topics

join