It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are they getting closer to finding life on other planets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This news story is interesting just cause technology in getting better and better at detecting planets

one step closer

Lets hope that we do find life on other planets then we as humans can learn to get along maybe

And it will give all new meaning to the term Illegal alien too

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Com on... ACTUALY do some research to figure that out. We have a lot more interesting things to talk about rather than "is there or wouldnt it be cool if t here were" stuff.

I would check things like, "first synthetic life" etc. etc. much more interesting and it is happening right now.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
That is why i posted this...it is to do with the new technology in the new keplar telescope...but if you bothered to click the link you might have relized that for yourself.

the telescope is already telling us where the planets are and i find it quite interesting... just cause you might not......it is about the new technology.

Kepler Mission Manager Update, July 13, 2010

The project team recently completed another roll of the Kepler spacecraft and science data download. Accomplished over June 22-23, 2010, the operation was a complete success, as the roll placed Kepler in its summer attitude. With this download and quarterly roll, Kepler completed its fifth quarter of science data collection and has begun its sixth quarter of science data collection.

The Kepler flight segment continues to operate within nominal parameters. There have been no unplanned events since the recovery of the spacecraft from a Safe mode malfunction in February 2010. A flight software update, completed on the spacecraft in April 2010, continues to operate as designed.

Kepler mission data collected over the first 43 days of operations were made available at the Multi-Mission Archive at STScI (MAST: archive.stsci.edu...) on June 15, 2010. Metrics indicate many downloads of the data have been made by multiple users since the data were made public.

The Kepler Asteroseismic Science Consortium is studying Kepler data for the purpose of understanding stellar structure and measuring the properties of exoplanet hosts through pulsation physics. The Consortium met in Aarhus, Denmark over June 14-18, 2010. The goal of the meeting was to present results from the analyses of Kepler asteroseismic data over the first three quarters of operation; allow members to discuss the exciting results now being provided regularly by the spacecraft; and plan future observations, target selection, data analysis and publications.

The conclusion from the meeting was that Kepler has allowed asteroseismology to take a giant leap forward in sensitivity and capacity, and this will be illustrated within a large body of scientific papers currently being planned and developed. Meanwhile, the Kepler science team is busy preparing scientific papers for publication about Kepler discoveries

Just incase thare are some interested

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
this is some pretty cool info that i didnt know about,

thank you.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

your very welcome....i thought is was very good and blows the heck out of all the things we knew...and will show us so much more in the near future....we are learning so much more at an ever faster rate i think.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Interesting. I will celebrate if they find life. Perhaps I will celebrate with "Mars Attacks".

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Wotan89]

new topics

top topics

join