It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inception, dreamwalking, and mind control?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jlasserton

Though the thought of the movie is a little different on my thoughts. You see, I think that to implant something into one's mind that the greatest technique to have/ use would be to make the person forget they even dreamed. Don't you think? This is something that has greatly changed in my life along with the other stuff, I don't recall many of my dreams anymore and I used to remember them all.
I am pretty sure that when I do remember them, and especially when they are lucid, that those are nights I am not being "Programmed".
Now a lot of theories on here about being programmed in our sleep, etc, either by our higher selves (which could be the true programmer), or TPTB, or ET's... like the thread Sleep disturbances and the Time Monks. However it doesn't mention being programmed in our dreams specifically, but while we're asleep, so if that is the case, it could be through our dreams.I even started keeping a dream journal because I was forgetting so many dreams, and many people told me that would help, but it didn't work out because there was never anything to put in the journal for so long that I just gave up.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
On the dreaming web forum DreamViews, shared dreaming has become almost common place. People keep personal dream journals over there, but there were so many shared dreams occurring they had to make a dream journal just for the purpose of documenting shared dreams. You can find many examples of shared dreams, most of which include both versions of the dream in question. I even make the occasional guest appearance!

www.dreamviews.com...

The most common meeting place where these occur is the moon. It's my theory that this is because the moon is such a desolate place, there isn't anything to distract dreamers, making it much easier to find other people there. It's the desolate landscape devoid of distractions that made it such a good meeting place, as opposed to failed projects like the Lucid Crossroads (www.lucidcrossroads.co.uk...).

[edit on 19-7-2010 by The Cusp]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Thanks I can't wait to read up on that website. Dreams have always fascinated me. And I love hearing or reading abuot others' dreams, also, I am very into shared dreams, as you can see by this thread, although I've never experienced this phenomena, yet, maybe I will find someone whose had a dream like some of mine that I can remember anyway! Thanks for that link!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have finally seen the movie, and I think it is very informative and very intriguing. Very much helpful, it can help one attain better lucid dreaming.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
For those of you wondering how the movie Inception fits with real life mind control, here's your answer. This info is from:
studentspiritualhealth.yolasite.com...
The actual site includes helpful links that explain some of the terms below.

"I remember wondering over and over again, how in the world I was going to explain mind control in a way other people would understand? And then the movie Inception came out. Inception isn't sci fi; it is an allegory for what is already occuring, and a surprisingly close one at that.

1. How you become an "architect"

(aka programmer, stage manager, mind controller, or puppetmaster)

You become an architect exactly as the movie showed. Ariadne is approached at school and tested, but without being told why. The tests aren't always of the simple puzzle sort, however. They involve tests of motivations and complex mental abilities too.

Something that wasn't shown in the movie is that, in real life, to become an architect, Ariadne is then subjected to "inception" herself (in other words, ideas are implanted into her own subconscious and she is mind controlled), before she goes out and architects others.

Also, the movie did not show just how far real–life inception has already gone. Real–life inception methods have already made target persons into mind control puppets.

2. How does inception work in real life?

You aren't connected to a dream machine in real life. You are covertly hypnotized instead.

To covertly hypnotize a target, they are typically isolated in a room under false pretenses, such as an office to review the target's homework. While speaking on homework, the architect establishes perfect rapport with the target by subtly matching their breathing rate, blinking rate, direction and speed of body language, etc. using tecnhniques from something called NLP.

Once rapport has been established, the architect, using NLP methods, then starts to "lead" the target's rhythms, like speaking pace, breathing rate, etc. into a slow hypnotic state. During this,the architect starts speaking at a slow pace and may begin to insert syllables in between words that the conscious mind doesn't notice but the subconscious mind takes as commands. All sorts of commands can be given to a target without them even knowing they were hypnotized.

Bleed–through of the architect's own subconscious content can occur if the architect also goes into a semitranced state due to the limbic resonance that is established during rapport. This is very rare however (architects are very well trained.) ....[more on the site]"

Continued at: studentspiritualhealth.yolasite.com... This link also covers more topics like, most people CAN be hypnotized, dream levels, and subconscious security.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by WMStudent]

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
For those of you who wonder if what was done in the movie insception is real or not...It is kinda. It is known as Dreamwalking and its not just limited to what the native americans did. I have been a "dream walker" for some 30 years now. The one part of the movie that was right is simply you can plant a seed of an idea and watch it grow... yes that can happen..If and watch this next word "YOU" let it happen. If you feal like there is something wrong fix it!

My line of dealing with dream walking is helping other ppl and going into theior dreams to help them work stuff out in their own lives. Also if you die in a dream the old myth that you will die in real life is possible. It has happened. Most times your just jolted awake IE Kicked, but if you belive enough that what you are seeing is real. Well its simply this the human mind and will is extremly strong. You belive it enough that said person killed you and you see blood or feal pain your liable to belive your heart is pumping out all your blood and hence you die so your mind tricks your bidy into thinking your dead and so you die... If you think your dreaming do what nancy did in the orginal nightmare on elm street. find a burner, or fire and hurt youself you will wake up, even pinching does well
many bruises from that there

Sorry for rambling and for spelling very tired and husbands puter and his keyboard sucks

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinnamint
The one part of the movie that was right is simply you can plant a seed of an idea and watch it grow... yes that can happen..If and watch this next word "YOU" let it happen. If you feal like there is something wrong fix it!

Very true, but it all comes down to everything requires your attention to exist. Nothing can hurt you if you just ignore it. But it can be difficult to ignore some things, and some crafty individuals are very skilled at capturing and manipulating your attention. Like in Nightmare on Elm street, when Freddy is walking along scraping his blades against the wall, while they spark and make an awful noise. That's a perfect example of making those claws more real for his victims, forcing others to focus on them, which is the only way they could affect his victims.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm a little new to this site so please forgive me if this exactly up to par. But I have odd dreams where everything is so clear and every detail is like how I would see it in the real world. Some getb strange to. Something common that happens to me now is that I see other people in my dreams, like people I know. I constantly wonder if this is dream-walking. I was so curious one day that I even asked a freind of mine who I had seen in a weekend dream if he saw me there and he said he had. It had the saem topic of a war but the scenario was diffrent. This confuses me and I would like help please help?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrFantasticFox

Yes, the same them with a different scenario is standard fare in shared dreaming. I explain shared dreams in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join