It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symptoms after being out in the rain...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Mine was just a headache...but its this kind of feeling in my eyes, like they just hurt. You know the burning feeling you get? in your eyes, when your really tired? thats how they feel, and they have felt that way for a while now. I'll take some Aleve and it goes away for awhile, or IB, but after, it just comes back. I have some chest tightening, but no coughing. I normally don't go to the doctors, even with a sinus infection because eventually it does clear itself up and I have no insurance, so I save my money for that off chance that a true reason for the doctors occurs. However, while I've had upper resp infections and know this is not it...and while I've never gotten summer allergies in my life, I'm also not fully stating its the rain
I'm just saying..the rain came, I got a headache....could be coincidence, could be stress, could be any number of things. However, it started when the rainy weather came in.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just an idea, but if the symptoms are similar in people then perhaps those affected should look at the plant life in their region. There is a good chance that life much farther down the chain is being poisoned also if the toxins are in the rain.
Cloudsinthesky is doing a great service on this subject. I would be interested to see an analysis of our western Quebec rain. Unfortunately I, like Clouds, do not believe Ontario is too far from the Gulf.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I almost broke down halfway through reading all your responses and comments. This was a huge surprise to me to read about so many people suffering the same symptoms and a few more than what I have.

As for sores in the mouth, yes my son has broken out with a cold sore on the corner of his mouth.

I have been having severe chest pains that mimic indigestion. It starts in the front but 'punches' it's way into my back, it has left me sweating and very lethargic.

I keep on keeping on, but man this is awful nasty stuff.

I read here where someone is experiencing symptoms like sinusitis, and that is exactly what I decided the foul taste is like, I once had an infected tooth that when removed caused the infection to go into my sinus, and well although that was many years ago I will never forget the taste and smell.

I was just laying on the couch trying to rest for a few, when it hit me, this needs sea salt nasal spray, and every hour on the hour if anyone gets this.

This is important, I know and now I am off to go snort some sea salt.

Yuck!

The pain in my back is still pretty bad. The back of my chest I guess.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
My lungs been hurting lately like I've been smoking again...
Throats sore...

North GA

I don't think it's related to toxic rain though, but unsure.....

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I know it sounds gross, but eat some raw garlic. Antibiotic, antiseptic and thins the mucus.
Noone wants to be near you right now anyway so who cares if you stink!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Ok I am replying to Cloudsinthesky but will try to take a moment to respond to several of you.

First off thankyou Cloudsinthesky, I will check out your thread join it and participate in the research, I do have a few questions about the cost of having the samples privatly done such as the cost and honesty of the various chemists labs. I am noticing you more and more on the forum and realize we are on the same page much of time, so thanks for your input.

freedomataprice I have been taking Ny-Tanic for two days and drinking loads of water, also heavy doses of D3's. From one of the posts here I also started gargling and sniffing sea salt today, although I feel very weak, I am in good spirits and hope to make a full recovery soon, hope you do too, keep me abreast of any measures you find relieving.

gandhi I have been very disturbed about the reports from N. Dakota where yearly fishing celebrations were halted when they found scores of dead fish and some implied that it was from the gulfstreams moving up from OK, Tx, and up towards their area. If thats the case my plan to come to Canada if it gets bad here were put on hold for a better idea because that would mean even Canada would become at risk with the Southern winds. Just do all you can to stay informed and just go about your normal life and enjoy each precious moment.

LAinhabitant Good, I have family and friends yourway, stay safe. The only time you should begin to be on your toes will be if the hurricane seasons whip stuff your way from the Gulf.

Nkinga Being alert is a good thing, practice some of the suggestions here and if you do get tested by a proffessional, then please let us know what they say, of course they would NEVER admit it is a new: GulfBPSyndrome. It is always the worst news to hear children falling ill but if it could have been averted by truth in BPs disaster, then its unforgiveable. I think of those children digging in the sand on that news 5 thread, sheeze the long term effects of the one boy could be overwhelming. hopefully with good maneged care this will prove to be no more long lasting for you and your daughter than an annoying summer cold.

TokiTheDestroyer By the time I read your response, my heart was sinking, I know that it is sometimes hard to be in the know and to be alert and aware. Keep your health up and lets avoid direct contact with the Gulf winds and rain for now.

Dumbass From your comment I think you are more of a "smart"tazz, in a good way!

Destroyed The good thing is that we are discussing this, we are not afraid because we have a wellspring of hope when these dangerous secrets are revealed. Damn I love going out in the rain, this is bad, and it is not something I want to expose my children to if I can.

damwel I love your avie! Also I am sorry to hear that you and your loved ones are ill, you know as a parent this is usually the time of year when we have a reprive from the school year sicknesses. It is not uncommon for people, individuals to catch a summer cold but this is far more widespread than any we know of from past. So one question, have you had rain prior to your symptoms? Get well soon, a nice cupa chicken soup does sooth the soul.

lasertaglover You may be alergic ontop of things, I am again so sick to hear of our, your beautiful children falling ill to this! YES, I too wonder if it is from the coreexit, or just the lethal cocktail being dispursed from the Gulfs fragile and now cracked oceanic bottom. You know with all the dead fish flying around and rotting, that is something to consider as well. I mean youve heard about fish landing on dry land high in the mountains and out on the open plains after a strong rain storm? dead fish, it is going to be a problem, not all of them wash up on shore. I hope the best for you and yours.

mutantgeniusBINGO!!! You are spot in my estimation and it is best to simply use all the methods suggested here and add more when you discover what works for you, be SURE and let everyone know! NYers are understanding about these kinds of things and would appreciate the heads up about the toxic rain! What 'if' this sheeet mixed with the seasonal flu!!! OMG!

ProtoplasmicTraveler Why I have not friended you sooner I dont know, but you are grounded and insightful, I agree fully with all you had to say with your voice of reason, now Ill go back to sniffing sea salt, and being POed at BP...

StarTraveller I have a close family member who is a well respected professional, we sat today and I laid this all out to him... He suggested I rest for a couple days (Yeah right) and actually opened up and liked my ATS conspiracy talk about my, our concerns...

He suggested also gargling with sea salt... and drinkl LOADS of fluid.

ModernAcademia Too soon to tell, but what you said makes sense, but this whole crazy thing does not make sense. You must have a slight feeling it could be true.

End page One

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
SimplyGord Right you are and as an organic farmer I fully comprehend!

I am not so sure that soil samples should be excluded in the research Clouds is pulling together, good suggestion.

xstealthxstealth Been thinking alot about Georgia, what more can I say than tp remain aware and talk to people about this. They (BP) need to be held accountabel!

mutantgenius Will do! Sometimes garlic can act as a deterrent to viruses and this hits the host like a virus.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Too many typos, going to bed with this exhaustion...

Be well.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Palm Beach County Florida here...

After a light rain the other day I had a similar experience...

1) Light persistent headache, not that bad, just there in the background for a looooong time!

2) Heavy mucus from lungs, upper chest. A little sore in the lungs, toward the top of the lungs.

3) Very Thirsty, all the time... water, water, water!

4) My taste is off... that is not to say I have a metallic taste but many of the foods I taste have a more... bland taste. It is kind of like the way your taste is affected when you have the flu (I do not have the flu).

5) Cannot wake up in the morning. I usually am up as soon as the sun hits my eyes... wide awake and ready to go. However, I have slept in for 2 morning after... very late, woke up at like 10:00AM in stead of like 5-5:30. Very, very, unlike my body. Even when I had the flu many, many years ago (I have not had the flu or cold for 15 years or better, very healthy), I would still wake up real early.!?

6) Persisted for about 24 hours, then started to slowly die down over the next 24 hours after the rain.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
OK I didn't take the swine flu or seasonal flu vax. Anyone else? Just trying to knock out some variables!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Due to the project that we are launching, I must of visited with at least 7 members here on ATS that are having these same symptoms............

Is it do to the rain?.......I don't know. But that is what the testing is all about.........

I hope everyone understands even though we will be testing there is so much "unknown" about corexit.......Testing labs dont even know what compounds are even in corexit...........and our gov has not done one test on what effects it will have on marine life much less health risk.........

We are moving through uncharted waters in testing "rain" but it will be done.........

I keep looking back at the Exxon Valdez spill for comparison...........

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Still having headache and dizziness, my gums started slightly bleeding when I brush yesterday. I have not had any kind of bleeding gums before.

My chest is still filled with pressure. I am coughing when I lay down to sleep.

Tired but I keep going becasue I guess prior to going out in the rain, I was at optimum health...

Just saying this is going to take a while to get over I guess.

The thing that concerns me is that if this mixes with the seasonal flu, the results wil be over the top for people who are immunocompromised, the elderly and very young.

I guess the'll get some new vaccine to shoot the people with though...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Anyway, I know that there are several BP threads that are so important, and I follow them daily, but I also did not want to try and discuss the health effects of my worries and derail the important topics being discussed.

Hi antar, just thinking, but did you not noticed after a while some sort of a likewise kind of health effects by the animals around you, I mean the cats, dogs, horses and cattle and such?

Because don't you think also that if it have health effects on people, it could also have health effects on animals.

Just saying.

[edit on 26/7/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery.

How many people have been to the doctors for their "illness" from the rain? Do you know it's not just something that is going around? Have things such as strep throat or psychosomatic illness been ruled out? Fear and stress can affect people physically. Here in southern Louisiana I am not hearing of people getting these symptoms and not only do we get a lot of rain, we are close to the gulf and we get toxins washed down by the Mississippi river from the rest of the country.

I would suggest reading up on how to improve your immune system . There are tons of chemicals in the air and rain from Industrial plants and toxins all over the world. We live on a toxic planet. Some stress management techniques would be beneficial as there is a correlation between stress and illness. Surround yourself with more green plants. They are good for cleaning the air.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

At the same time my 18 year old bobtail siamese became very ill as well. I dont want to discuss it, but yes, animals have been appearing to be off as well.

I wish it were as simple as a summer cold and for all outward effects that is how I am playing this down to my family, but I know and feel what happened after I went out working in the rain that day, I just hope it ends soon.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LAinhabitant

I am surrounded by an organic farm. Plants are my life. I am too private to be psycosmptomatic about health.

Maybe it is just a HUGE coincidence? Maybe I have not ruled that out, but I am just not used to having this kind of crud, not at this time of year and not all these weird BP related symptoms.

I know if I went to a DR, I would get the usual BS. All natural I am. But man, there were a few hours here and there I thiought about antibiotics...

Im going to go take some more tylenol now for my head ache...

My family just left prior to this who had accupunture needles, now that is my type of healing! I feel like I could have them all over my scalp, lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Symptom of my heart attack.
WKRG Mobile Al. EPA "expert"
I'm about to go Medea.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dead shrimp blues

So according to News Channel 5 who did the test which blew up last week, redid the test Monday and this is what they discoverd:

We took our new sample back to Naman's lab today, but whatever may have been there last week is now gone. The sample tested positive for only one part per million of oil, which would not be considered abnormal, according Naman. Four days passed between the two samples.

Now do you suppose that this is for real and that hte dispersants have evaporated or that the chemist has been gotten to?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I would think that if there was a real problem with toxic rain, the first things to show signs would be the insect population. Then probably birds next.

Oh yeah, certainly amphibians would get kicked in the butt as well.

So far I haven't heard anyone make note of such unusual die offs taking place....

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
We have all had sore throats, sore mouth/ulcers and a funny taste and we are in the UK.

My mouth was so bad for a couple of days that it hurt to eat and it stung when eating tomato/fruit based foods. My son now has an ear infection.

Has the pollution spread over here in the rain already? Or is it just a seasonal/summer illness that is doing the rounds?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join