It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Against Guide Dogs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
First of all let me say that I am not Anti-Muslim. I have a number of friends who are of that persusion and I respect their culture and views on things like that. However, I couldn't help but get slightly peeved by this article from the

Daily Mail

What are your thoughts on this people?

I find it disgraceful, dispicable and disgusting

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yup.

Britain is screwed.That's what you get when instead of have one rule of law for all under the crown,you pander to all and sundry.

Thank goodness he didn't have a guide-pig !

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It just goes to show you that Islam is as tainted and tarnished in its teachings and interpretations as any religion.

This is ridiculous.

Isn't that stereotyping though to say that the Taxi and bus drivers are muslim????

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yup, I remember a case where they made police dogs wear booties to come in the home for a search or something.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
First of all they are filthy disgusting creatures, and we should stop bending over backwards to their every whim.

If you didn't get it, I was talking about the Muslims, not the dogs.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Doesn't the UK have a law covering service animals? are they not covered by the Disability Discrimination Act 1995? seems like there would be protections for the users of service animals.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm ashamed to admit I'm a bigot.
If my dog doesn't like a person, I don't like that person.
If a person doesn't like my dog, I don't like that person.
No logic involved, purely a gut reaction.

I must have been deeply affected as a child by that Twilight Zone episode about the hillbilly, the coonhound, and the gates of heaven.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The same thing has happened in the US. Taxi drivers refused passengers that have a bottle of wine or a service animal. Happened up in Minneapolis. Yet they want their own damn foot washing sinks at the airports.:shk:

Muslim Cab Drivers Refuse to Transport Alcohol, and Dogs
abcnews.go.com...

Muslims Get Their Foot Washing Sinks at Airport
newsbyus.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

I totally agree. I vaguely remember that show, It isn't heaven if you can't have your dog with you.

It's ridiculous to be treating people with service dogs like that. Is the UK that much of a Muslim country that Muslim law rules over all other laws?

If they are going to come into countries that are not predominately Muslim, they should adhere to OUR laws. If we go to the middle east, we have to abide by their laws. Why are we supposed to adapt, both there and everywhere else too?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I am not surprised by the report and will only get worse and worse as time goes by. In the worlds effort to be more politically correct, this is going to happen, where one group is starting to gain favorable treatment under the written, and unspoken laws of the country. Those who enact the laws and rules, tend to fail to see the outcome of such, seeking to keep the peace now, and forget that such will be in place long after they have left. Many reports like this have come out from time to time, in different industries, from those who have a dog, and not being picked up or given a hard time, to refusal to do their job, cause they may touch something forbidden.
Do not get me wrong, I am firm belief in the freedom of religion, and for people to worship and believe what they want to, but there comes a point when that freedom has to be curtailed with responsiblity. Part of a job is a contract between employer and employee, both sides should investigate the nature of that job before agreeing to take it on. If a person is that devout in their belief, then they may have to consider and ask themself is it worth it for me to take the job, or should I go for one which will not violate a tenant of my faith? If you work in the service industry, then it is expected you are going to encounter all sorts of things that may or may not be offensive to you, as that is part of the nature of that job. For those who are devout in a religious nature, it means that they may or may not encounter stuff that their faith forbidds them to have contact with. If a person is hired to do a job, the normal expectation is for them to perform it, if they require accomidations, then they need to ask for such, but to outright refuse to do a job, well that should be grounds for termination, and or possible suspension of liscense.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
sorry for the double posting there.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by sdcigarpig]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

i wonder how many travelers accidentally urinate in those floor sinks. gross.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by normal_human_being

I read an article where some people actually do it intentionally,

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BSG75

Service animals.
We need no explanation what this means, and these dogs do it not for cash but for love.
It is a good thing said bus driver does not reside in the US as we have laws against such discrimination.
But in the case that happened within earshot of me I would make said individual lick the foot of my dog and then smear him in bacon grease, sure I would get busted for assault but the revelations I would have caused said individual would be tremendously immeasurable.
I am not a religion basher as I believe they all have their good points and are all equally fanatic.
But any that looks down upon dogs, well I side with my doggies.
Babies and doggies are the only thing left in this world that are still good and true.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

Agreed 100% of what you say.
I too use that same Twilight Zone episode as a gauge!
Just on this post alone is all I would have to know about you.
I call you friend now, plus star for my doggies.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSG75What are your thoughts on this people?

Well...
Dogs are not the only guide animal. If a person is blind in a muslim country he/she should gt a guide miniture horse* (the horse was an animal blessed by Allah).
However...If the driver did not own the bus and the line was in Britan than he should get over it or go home. He came to the country 'he' should adapt.

BTW What do muslims think of sheep and guard dogs? Would they rather have the flock eaten by wolves?

* Yes there are guide miniture horses.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Babies and doggies are the only thing left in this world that are still good and true.

You got that right.
I believe there is a country western song with that theme.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I'll start doing it from now on...!!!!

If I come across them of course...

new topics

top topics

join