It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Stuck in the Real Matrix ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I'm curious Why would people would choose to live in denial ?

This video explains the "real matrix" in poetry.

It begs the question. "Are you still stuck in the matrix" ? Watch the video and answer why, if you choose to live in denial of the real matrix.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
It threatens their way of life. It challenges their ideas and breaks down the very foundation they have built up to that point. Finding out that most, if not everything is a lie is tough to deal with. People don't like change.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

There are plenty of people who are enlightened, who accept change, who have completely rejected the system and live for themselves with no worries and no responsibilities.

We call them bums and curse them while we walk to the other sidewalk because they stink.

My point here is, hypocrisy reigns supreme in our culture, and arguing ideology while we shun those who live in their own ideal worlds is what we do best. It's tough out there.

Everything isn't a lie though, at least most things aren't. I go to work and earn money. I eat because I am hungry etc etc. Questioning whether our perception of reality is just a figment of our imagination does not change the fact that I must pay bills.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
That is absolutely genius...

EDIT: I just noticed the video is 3 years old? Has it been on ATS before? I noticed a person on the YouTube comments said this:

I just went to this gentleman's page here on Youtube. He hasn't signed on in 2 years. Anyone know if the poet is incarcerated? I'm just pointing out that he is preaching a very interesting point (Strawman) and has not logged on in quit some time. Anyone???

EDIT: To the below poster, yes it is just you. Try this.

[edit on 18/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Video is not working for me.

- Edit- NM- Its working for me now. It was my puter.

I will comment more when I am finished watching.

-

Ok.

Nothing to add after watching that. Good vid though, and an extremely talented artist(poet).

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

True. I must admit I'm a little biased. I learned early on about conspiracies even before I had started school. Coupled that with an adoption of solipsism and you can understand my narrow point of view. I still stand by my statements.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Although a noble message, although a rightful one, I don't see how stopping to pay the banks in this world will affect the Matrix he describes. If in fact we are in the Matrix, the only way to destroy or get out of it is to "pull the plug" so to speak in the main computer... So how exactly is that possible?

Just a little confused...

Magnum

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I agree with the guy. I stopped watching TV awhile ago and I recently closed my bank account because I just use my paypal debit card if I need too, and lets just say the rest is under the counter. Its funny because the bank told me no charges would go through after I closed my account, that turned out to be BS, and now they want $600 from me because they processed a few little charges from online subscriptions (totaling less than $100, the rest are overdraft fees... on a closed account.). I wrote them a letter and let them know I wont be paying them, I got some BS when I tried to talk to someone at the bank, but screw them. And taxes, I am not going to pay an extra 15% self employment tax on top of regular income taxes, period, I am not going to do that, that is the most F'd up tax there is. Im keeping my finances either online and foreign, or under the table, no money trail here. I'm pretty sure I pay enough in sales tax to cover the things I actually care about, like roads, I dont need to pay more for wars I dont support and interest on debt I didnt create.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

It's a shame things like this don't get as much attention as a video of some random lost person making an uninformed statement that gets magnified in the media as if the world is ending. That happens a lot these days on ATS.

I understand though.
This guys poem was awesome, righteous, and thus quite ignorable.

My response will be to add one of my own inspired by his video...

LOST IN THE MAIL

And they’re off!

To bring us the latest disgrace
keep us in each others face
to freely spout the rubbish they lifted
all to keep up and in the order.

“See his eyes just shifted!”
“Our senator is so gifted!”
“Nazi-heroes are at the border!”
"Obama will buy my gas!"
“the real evil is the welfare class!”

Words of true wisdom slip from our grasp
facades keep our feet stuck in mortar
elites and corporations get the real "free pass".

So tempt us all with spells that bind
with the odd rumblings of Panthers
fueling the present divisive cancer
doctor media implanted in our minds.

You will save our behinds?
You have our back?

Wait did the mantle just crack
while waiting on that promised "change"?
Watching hopes getting rearranged
on the operating table by crazed surgeons.

All so we can't see the ruling class burden
and our saviors are salivating dogs with mange
sicced mercilessly on our own children?

Oh is your daughter out on bail?
Did her protest abruptly fail?

There is always a next time they say
as the scaled ones slither up the staircase of our dismay
That's right, you heard, and no hell to pay!

Salvation has started and we're all tardy
too focused on sitting at an imaginary tea-party
or riding in other boats that have no sail.

Freedom is parked just outside this jail.

All along they hid it right in the light
but you live under the fear of Armageddon.

Unabashedly fed a jokers tale
disguised who you were from your own sight
and shamelessly promised you heaven.

It was an easy sell.

What you still didn't get the invite?
It’s probably just lost in the mail.

- Lee (KRW) Anoma

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

If in fact we are in the Matrix, the only way to destroy or get out of it is to "pull the plug" so to speak in the main computer... So how exactly is that possible?
You do understand that he wasn't talking about a literal matrix like out of the movie...what he means is, we are being manipulated and lied to, reality isn't what we think it is or what we are told it is, it is carefully engineered by the elite to enslave the masses.

[edit on 18/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

No problem.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Awsome video. I enjoyed it. Thinks for the post.

new topics

top topics

join