It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Pharma Loves Harry Reid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is down in the polls and fighting for re-election, so he's lucky to have a wealthy, new benefactor in his corner. The unions? The greens? Try the drug industry

source

A new TV ad is up in Mr. Reid's home state praising the Democrat for creating "good Nevada jobs," expanding "clean energy" and providing "tax credits for small business." Moreover, "thanks to Harry Reid's leadership, if you change or lose your job, you can keep your health care coverage." The ad encourages viewers to call Mr. Reid's office, where no doubt they will be routed to his donation line. All this is courtesy of the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, in league with the liberal health-advocacy group Families USA.

Well, i lived in Las Vegas for 12 years and for some reason, everyone loves Harry..I don't get it..I think he is a crook like all the rest...

Any thoughts on this ATS?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I guess that just proves that
paybacks arent always a bitch.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I've lived in Vegas for alot longer than that......I can't stand the guy. I think he's out in november.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmalone

Yep...

I think old Harry's time is up..

Good luck to you in Vegas, i had to leave there..too hot for me..

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Vegas man here as well.

I dont know ANYONE who likes Harry Reid, and I have been living in Vegas for 21 years now.

I will tell you who we DO love, and that is Oscar Goodman.

Other than that, Reid can take a hike.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Heck yea! Oscar is da' man!

I even shook his hand once..

Maybe he will run, everyone will be having martini's with Oscar..

Then Big Pharma will get an opponent who isn't in their back pocket..like ol' Harry..

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Yea. he is a cool mo fo.

I seen him at The Red Hot Chilli Peppers/Weezer concert a few years back.
'Flea' from RHCP said "Oscar Goodman, where are you? You crooked Mo Fo!". The audience went nuts over him. Now THAT is a politician I will always stand behind. He fights hard for Vegas, and he is behind the people 100 percent.

I cant say the same about Reid. He is gone come election time. He shouldnt waste his, or other peoples money tryingto get re-elected, hes toast either way.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Maybe the drug companies can come up with a drug that will influence voters before the election?

No FDA approval required.

Side Affects may include an irresistible urge to kill republicans and tea-party members.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Reid raises $19.2 million for re-election
By MICHAEL R. BLOOD (AP) – 3 days ago

LAS VEGAS — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has banked $19.2 million for his re-election campaign but will need to speed up his fundraising to reach his goal of hitting $25 million for the Nevada race.

Reid's campaign said Wednesday the Democratic leader raised $2.4 million between April and June, raising his total for his campaign against Republican Sharron Angle to $19.2 million.

That's means he banked about $26,000 a day during the three-month period.

To reach his goal of $25 million by the November election, Reid will need to raise an average of more than $44,000 a day.

His campaign say he has about $9 million on hand.

Angle has not yet disclosed her fundraising figures for the quarter but Reid is expected to have a commanding financial advantage.

Federal records show Angle banked about $1.2 million through May 19.

source-www.google.com...

Reid has a money advantage over his opponent, and the reason for this is to try to fix his image.
If you ask me though, no amount of money will fix his tarnished image.

new topics

top topics

join