It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Deep-Sea Creatures Spotted in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Now this is really fascinating, It always amazes me how science is still finding wonderful and exciting new things in our oceans...

these are really cool finds, i cannot get the pics , so you will have to go to the source and check them out...

(July 16) -- Australian scientists using high-tech cameras at record depths have captured photos of never-before-seen deep-sea creatures under the Great Barrier Reef that are believed to have existed there since prehistoric times.

The photos offer a fascinating glimpse of marine life in deep dark waters more than 4,500 feet below the ocean's surface. Among the bizarre species believed to have been discovered are giant six-gilled sharks, an octopus relative that lives in a shell and swarms of new crustaceans that look like they're straight out of a science fiction movie.

www.aolnews.com...

[edit on 17-7-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Pretty cool pics..

please go take a look..

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
They are cool thanks for sharing, those deep sea creatures always fascinate me, good stuff.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
no problem, i guess other members are just not interested in these cool pics tonight..oh well.. thanks for the reply..

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Good Find, OP

i love discovery threats, although i am sure if you have taken some screenshots and post the pics here, this threat would get more attention..

[edit on 17-7-2010 by nagabonar]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well that was really great photos.

It always amazes me how we find new creatures every so often. However this brings up a side issue. If evolution is supposed to happen to species every even few million years, how could these be pre historic creatures and not have evolved at all? Shouldn't they be speaking a foreign language and have tiny villages by now? it took us humans how long to go from hair ape to space explorers?

But with that aside these pics are better then the last thread someone (can't find the link) posted about them.
(some are the same ones though)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Beautiful and fascinating photos — Earth still has many undiscovered surprises for us. Unfortunately, as soon as Mankind discovers anything, he sets to work destroying it.

Incidentally, one of the most fascinating photos is of the contributor of that artcle, Lauren Frayer... Man, she is a knockout.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by anubis9311
how could these be pre historic creatures and not have evolved at all? Shouldn't they be speaking a foreign language and have tiny villages by now? it took us humans how long to go from hair ape to space explorers?

It took us about 7 million years of evolution to ascend from smallish primates to modern Homo sapiens.

But all that means is that we evolved in a dynamically-changing environment — namely, the surface of the Earth, which experiences radical climatic changes on a fairly regular basis.

I would just guess that any terrestrial plant or animal is going to have to evolve and change a million times faster than those creatures living 4500 feet deep in the ocean, where the environment can remain unchanged for millions of years.

It's not at all unusual to find "prehistoric" creatures living in the remote depths for just this reason.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well I guess that does explain it, I never understood how they keep saying prehistoric when things change. I didn't realize that the under water could remain that constant. Thanks for the info.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar
Good Find, OP

i love discovery threats, although i am sure if you have taken some screenshots and post the pics here, this threat would get more attention..

[edit on 17-7-2010 by nagabonar]

I would loved to have posted the actual pics, but they are in a format i cannot break and i didn't want to break any T & C on here so...you just have to look at them from the link..Thanks for looking though..

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Hey Doc....

thanks for commenting..

these fish ARE awesome to look at...

hope we discover even more soon..

new topics

top topics

join