It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 High Treason Award (Watch Thread)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Simple: Nominate 'who' deserves this award for 2010, and specifically why. Please be specific. If you're not from the U.S., that's ok you can still nominate your domestic usurpers too.

No need to flag this thread, only to nominate the crooks and criminals amongst our nations.

I nominate NASA for their "Planetary Skin" "global nervous system" that is the technological architecture for a national sovereignty smashing AI system:

The PSI will be structured as a not-for-profit entity, with independent governance secured by having participants from all sectors. The PSI global network will be made up of seven peer regional hub-and-spoke networks (India, Brazil, Africa, China, Japan, EU and US) connected by a seamless collaborative network and through a shared agenda for applied research and development and common values and principles.
An auditable and open governance model is essential for replicating and scaling the Planetary Skin Institute over time.
www.planetaryskin.org...

[edit on 17-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
You've got to make an AI before you can have it smash nations into submission. The joke about such things is that we're only 10 years away from AI, just like we've been for the last 30 years.

I'm not holding my breath for the metal overlords any time soon, people still frighten me a lot more than computers.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

This system on the surface would be powerful AI, but not AGI itself. There is a major difference. Ai is all around us. In our games, operating and manipulating the stock market, and so on. The bots in your favorite XBox game aren't going to take over the world any time soon. But today there are existing systems that learn and evolve. That's what you have to watch out for, and teh overall trends in AGI are beyond the scope of this thread.

Regardless of what they do or don't intend for this system they're spending an initial $100 million dollars on, in terms of AI-AGI, the systems purpose is to link billions of sensors up across the planet, everywhere, where basically 'everyone' are supposed to have access to this panopticon, with the intention on managing global resources for a global carbon based economy. The inherent purpose of this system is to the override the privacy and security (sovereignty) of virtually every nation on earth.

Besides intentions are the real issue, especially if they're putting $100 million tax payer dollars into in its initial phase. You're about to pay $1 for it, to begin with, amongst all their other programs that run in the billions of dollars (check my sig). Do you agree with that?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

join