It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Terrifying Spiral Staircases on Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Looking at most of these made me want to Hurl..

But there is some serious craftsmanship in most of them, i give them all a thumbs up..

www.environmentalgraffiti.com...

edit to add photos

[edit on 16-7-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Pretty cool pics. I've realized over the last few years that I'm afraid of heights, crazy considering some of the stuff I did as a kid. A couple of these stairs scared me just looking at them. The ones where you're just looking down into it kinda made me dizzy and creeped out, cool stuff.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by bigern]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yikes. I once went up the one in the Statue of Liberty. Don't know how I made it; I have a terible aversion to heights. Great photos though OP!

How do I wake up?
The decision is yours.
And I chose this scenario,didn't l?
Yes, to face your last remaining fear of heights.
David, don't listen to him.
You were right. This is the seven dwarfs. It's a setup!
You can't trust him.
Don't feel bad for him, David.This winning man is your creation.
It's in his nature to fight for his existence, but he's not real.
I'm real.
I'm real.
I have two daughters...
and you know that.
What are their names?
I'm real.
I'm...
Mortality as home entertainment?
This cannot be the future!
Can it?
Can it?!

I'll see you in another life when we are both cats...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Those stairs are amazing. Great post.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
thanks..i was going to post all of the photos, but they were giving me a headache..

especially the first three...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Amazing photos of the spirtal staircases. I have a fear of heights - at the same time I have such a desire to go to the top of the pyramids - but each time I look at the steps I just don't think I could do it, no railings, lol. I had to climb down the fire escape stairs on the outside of a building in Los Angeles once ( 4 stories up), before I decided it was time to go down I looked out in the hall and it was filled with smoke. I was so terrified coming down those stairs I was wishing I had chanced the smoke in the hallway.

Thank you for the uplifting thread (no pun intended).

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Why is this in Education and Media?

What is your conspiracy or thought provoking views on Education and Media?

Really, this is not why I come to ATS!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I love the first stairs xD
Everyone here seems to be afraid of heights. When I was little I wasn't afraid of heights, I only got that fear the day I dreamed about falling off a building and dieing,now I'm so afraid of heights that when I'm on a high spot I have lay myself on the ground or I'll panic

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Enjoyed the pictures and craftsmanship and it actually reminded me of a dream I had a couple of months ago but unrelated to anything on topic. I'm also wondering the same as SteveR. Is there anything related to "focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals"?

Originally posted by SteveR
Why is this in Education and Media?

What is your conspiracy or thought provoking views on Education and Media?

forum description

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Thanks again...

it is in this forum because we can all learn from what we are seeing here, it's not everyday that looking at pics of spiral staircases causes people to relate to a fear of heights and discomfort..bringing back childhood memories of said discomfort just looking at some images like these..

Plus.. i did not see the scary spiral staircase board...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Love those pics. Neat.
But I always have trouble knowing if we are looking up the staircase or down the staircase??!?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
are they really that terrifying?

what conspiracy is this?

below top secret maybe?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
ats is not always about doom and gloom conspiracies,.its what the msm isn't printing. maybe some of these images are stirring up emotions in some people,". this site is about generating emotions with facts. true this might not be the best board for these pics but it is definitly the right site

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'd like to see Christian Bale as "Patrick Bateman" try to hit one of those shots!

edit- second line...

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Nola213]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

if you know the truth why dig deeper....... you know what is to be known ats is for free thinkers and realist alike..... u are the problem now fix yourself befo makin outlandish post

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I've always had a thing for spiral staircases! and those are beautiful thank you! wouldn't call them terrifying, less I had to climb them anyway

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't say I'm afraid of heights...I'd say I'm afraid what would happen if I fall down - I'm afraid of me getting hurt :shk:

Thanks for the headache badmove

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

lol..you are most welcome BP94

I gave myself one too...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Now those are very cool! Does make you dizzy looking at them! I like the green one the best! If you find anymore, do post them here!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
of all the' Most Terrifying 'lists I have to say this one is the most unexpected

also Heights!! my worst nightmare!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join