It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we shifting or are we just changing with age?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hi All,

First off let me say, that I am open minded, and into new age philosophies about transcending our bodies, minds, realities, generational evolution... As an up-tight dainty city person, I also try and be grounded in the 5-sense reality too.

Seriously; i am all for this positive shift that so many new agers promote, and i certainly sense that something is changing in me... but do you guys ever ask yourself at times if it is actually the 2012 shift/alignment, or if perhaps it is just a natural aging process?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is a tough one.

In order to acknowledge a shift, you have to embrace the spiritual side of life.

Seeing the world be slaves to technology makes me think a) someone does not want us to shift b) subconsciously we are scared so we stay grounded in the manifest.

Personally I am ready to take back the thrown and become human again. This iteration of humanity is not the golden age the technocrats profess. We need to get back with nature.

13 months cycles. 28 day months. 4 perfect weeks in a month. always knowing where you are in time.

The empire needs to admit it was wrong and allow humanity to get back in harmony with the universe.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Good question. I ask myself that as well. However, I simply cannot shake the feeling that SOMETHING is happening. Not sure what exactly. There is simply too much going on in this world to be explained away as coincidence. We were born for this time and it is going to be an incredible ride. We are lucky to be alive right now, IMO.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I thinks it's both. It's a shift/alignment marking a natural physical process which both affects and reflects the changes in our progress as a species. It's also a natural turning point many advance civilizations face when approaching what appears to be a technological singularity - the moment where tech capability and advancement becomes infinite. That point ahead brings with it many changes within each individual as well as the collective, especially philosophical/spiritual changes where many core beliefs are called into question and shifted towards that which is more ideal. So it's not necessarily a shift due to one's ageing process, it's a natural pivot point within an evolving society.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's more than likely both since nothing is ever black and white.

With age comes knowledge. The more knowledge you have you are bound to change. Also evolution occurs over time, so we are also evolving in all aspects of life. This would naturally shift the group consciousness.

I don't beleive it is due to 2012, as in this date is set in stone for the change in our civilization. I do think that some humans are changing their way of life due to fear that this date could be the end.

Change is also occuring because of the population. We now have more people on this planet and so we as a whole are able to experience many more facets of the human life.

I would also say that the free flow of technology has helped aid in the change. 50 years ago before the internet, people like you and I could only be heard by those around us. Now with the web, people in all countries are able to be heard and hear others.

I could go on, but in a nut shell I would say it's both. Due to our age
as a civilization we are shifting. It's not a mutually exclusive relationship.

Great question OP

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Great answers all, and thanks for the perspectives...

I do really hope we see/feel this miracle play out before our eyes.

I am hoping we get those really amazing super-human abilities with our shift more then anything and yes of course, healing the planet by re-syncing to mother nature, but it is all these different ideas about the shift that also throws me aloof...

is there an agreement on what exactly the shift will be, or no?

-human evolution?

-sync back to nature from our industrial days?

-earth enters the 4th/5th dimension?

-others?

-all the above?

It has become almost like a fantasy with millions of people on the internet adding to it and changing it. Kind of reminds me of Peter Pan... are we just dreaming or what?

Will this shift just be the fact that we realize we can change our outlooks by getting perspectives from all over the world via the internet? If everyone had the world to comment on their lives, just think of the way things would change!

top topics

join