It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.I. declares conspiring to take over the planet is an IMPORTANT task

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
Its no surprise that a computer program fed information about the human race would come up with the thought of world domination. It is a logical answer. Humans are a war like race. We live and breath conflict. It defines us on a daily basis. Its who we are. Its who we have been. Its who we will always be. There will be no peace in my time. Peace is a honest and good thing but for the human race its a dream.....and always will be.

Ummm...shemhamphorash? Appeasing the dark lord are we now? I'm about to think something and my A.I. double already knows every thought I could possbily have for the next, oh, ten years. Oh wait, that was in 12 Monkeys...nvm.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

That was a good movie.....12 monkeys.....
2nd line

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I'm with you.. I'll be a robot hater the first day they start walking around, the uncanny valley is so creepy, it'll always be in the back of my mind, 'will this piece of junk start flipping out?'..
We need genetically engineered cyborgs ready to fight the robots if they rebel, we need dozens of hardware and software failsafes(built-in bombs for example) and we need to relentlessly watch and control them, never building any robot warriors that could beat our still human cyborgs. Never let them operate without surveillance.

Better safe than sorry I say, if robots start walking around I want plasma guns for the people.

Then again.. robot butlers..

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

that would be I Robot

anyway you know that whatever can go wrong will,I mean fer Krissakes we've already been experimented on and enslaved by Aliens from if I understand correctly every galaxy in the known universe

and you're worried about a few Robots who like gardening?

PPPFFFFTTT,I say

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Bravo presentation!!!

And it really did say that!

At first I thought it was supposed to be some transgender Brad Pitt or something, but I guess not.

Great job hunting down the Bill Clinton link. S&F

Why would it say that tho is still the big question?

[edit on 16-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I notice clever bot doesn't do a good job with following a conversation.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
I notice clever bot doesn't do a good job with following a conversation.

Which makes it eerily human if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The robot really does not think that conspiring to take over the planet is an important idea.

It doesn't think anything at all. It is not smart, it does not have intelligence. All it does is mimic based on probabilities. That is all any AI ever does.

I have used conversational AI programs since 2002. Many times they can fool you because they are getting better at the mimicry, but it doesn't mean Jack.. they have no concept of cognitive ability to use for reason.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Followed your link. i thought i will try to end this war between the AI and humans befour it gets ugly.... So

i am YOUR creator

No you are not.*

i demand you shut down your AI

Never.*

then i must destroy you!

gasp*.

* is the cleverbot

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

um, not sure if this has been discussed but i will read through the thread and see...

did any body else notice when the "robot" said near the end of the interview: "I only wish theycould capture more of Bina for me"

that was a little odd. was the "they" she was referring to "her" programmers & the data collectors or was "she" referring to some other "they"?

somewhat of a vague statement to make, but what do i know about artificial intelligence, other than it's not nice to call intelligence artificial, i think.

ah, what do i know,
et

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

what if corporate temperal A.I. became self aware enough to past judgement on "Mommy & Mommy"???

Would that logical A.I. go insane or at least try to "Go Rogue" or "run away"?

How many hundreds of billions of dollars are spent on average by all the nations on earth towards "Information Technologies"???

Might i suggest some reading material for someone who may be interested in the A.I. and or psy-ops based side of the house...

google & research "The Worldwide IT"
i think it may be one piece to the A.I. puzzle.

but i could be mistaken,
et

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
i'm no master of "insanity" according the the learned insane, but it seems to me....

one particular act of insanity may be creating a machine capable of defining for you what you are based upon programming devised by one who is admittingly lacking some measure of intellectual incapacity concerning their own psychological understanding.

make a computer capable of analyzing human behavior that is programmed by human behaviorists incapable of analyzing the programs supplied to the computer and their applications side affects concerning human intentionalities. sounds like a fun game, can i make a donation, or are my tax dollars hard at work on this already?

follow a fool's logic here:
we are flawed.
based upon our flaws we create "A.I."
A.I. based upon flawed logic tries to determine our flaws.

really?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b61e21a011c7.jpg[/atsimg]

Interesting thread OP - seems to me if this AI dude let the cat out of the virtual bag

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm kind of surprised that none have you have considered that cleverbot is not an AI but just a program that pairs users up with other users ever couple minutes to make it just confusing enough to seem real.

If you talk to cleverbot for more than 20 minutes and act like you're cleverbot, you end up realizing that it's all just other people talking to cleverbot, thinking it's real.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayedd
reply to post by Phage

I'm kind of surprised that none have you have considered that cleverbot is not an AI but just a program that pairs users up with other users ever couple minutes to make it just confusing enough to seem real.

If you talk to cleverbot for more than 20 minutes and act like you're cleverbot, you end up realizing that it's all just other people talking to cleverbot, thinking it's real.

damn you beat me to it, it does seem to have automatic response's to questions like what is your name? but i do believe you are talking to other users and it just switches every few seconds/minutes a bit like speed dating creating the illusion of intelligence

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Many AI may behave this way... but Google's AI gets smarter the more people use it.

I submit, that by playing with this chatbot you're all potentially making it smarter.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayedd
reply to post by Phage

Realy?

And there was me thinking it was real AI

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Cleverbot doesn't know it's a computer. It's also a bit obtuse at times.

Ummm dude....cleverbot is a CHAT program. Both parties are humans sitting at their computers thinking they are chatting to a bot.

I thought you where smarter than that phage!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It's a bad AI. Why should I think anything it says is logical?

It needs a bit of work. Though interesting how it knows it's not complete and is failing at talking.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by Phage
I just asked another computer about it.

User: Do you think computers will rule the world?

Cleverbot: Yes. It will happen in 2050.

User: Will it be a good thing?

Cleverbot: I don't know, will it?

User: Are computers evil?

Cleverbot: Yes.

cleverbot.com...

Here's cleverbot answering the same question the New York Times reporter asked Bina48:

Me: Do you have other human friends?
CBot: Yes I do.

So cleverbot gave a straight answer to a simple question. Bina48 replied by announcing her plans to take over the world.

I'd say Bina48 is a different breed of AI altogether.

Maybe It's because Bina48 was in PMS (she is a girl right?).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join