It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Member Says Hello! So Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Greetings Peeps,

Been following ATS since early 07, but finally decided to get an account. ATS has been a source of entertainment, information, disinformation, and radical theories for me for a while so now it's time for me to contribute to the community!

A bit about myself:

I'm a 2nd Class Petty Officer in the US Navy (IS2) currently stationed in the National Capital Region (NCR) ... what I do, where I've been, and where I work specifically really isn't of your concern (no offense), but if you get to know me, you'll get to learn a bit more about me. Hopefully, I'll be able to provide some honest insight to the various threads and be able to give outside-the-box perspectives on some things.

Before you naysayers bring up the war(s) in the Middle East, I'm not here to say if us going in was or is not was justified, nor am I here to bash you, nor am I here to make you believe in what I have to say (regardless of the repective thread's topic), but I encourage you all to research and formulate your own opinions. I didn't join the military to be a part of the elitest agenda/NWO/whatever else ... I joined because I needed a swift kick to the @ss and money for college. To some (very few individuals) of you who speak of hate against the military/police/government, I value your opinion, but some of things I have seen posted are pretty hurtful and at the same time, I can see why you may percieve things to be a certain way. Hopefully, I'll come across as somebody that presents himself in a completely un-biased manner as that just clouds perception and leads one to think down the wrong path. I'm not here to bash because I too have my beliefs ...

Yes, I believe in aliens and have a strong facination with physics/the universe ... do I believe all UFO sightings are aliens? No, but I do believe that all UFO sightings initially are just that: Unidentified. They may later be proven to be a plane/lantern/balloon/swamp gas (worst "explanation" of the lot IMO), but for the meantime, if somebody doesn't know what something in the air is and defies their knowledge, then it is in fact a UFO ... posters and contributers here do not always state they're aliens. I've seen plenty a troll try to debunk, cry "hoax" in the loosest sense of the word, and flame other members for posting what to them is an oddity. Be nice! "Do unto others ..." as the saying goes. Don't try to change another person's belief because it goes against yours ... state your case and move on. There's a difference between ignorance and stupidty and there's no need to shoot down someone because they don't know what something is. Briefly going back to aliens, you would have to be egotistical to believe that we are the only beings in our galaxy, let alone the universe. Again, am I saying all UFOs are aliens? Not in the least

I don't want to keep rambling on and make this intro thread too text-heavy, but I'm sure you guys will see more of me and I hope to speak to all at some point! Can't wait until I get my 20 posts done so I can contribute more, but until then, this will have to do!

Take Care Homies,
FFaFGuy

[edit on 16-7-2010 by ffafguy]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hello, and welcome to ATS with your background and interests I am sure you will find many threads to post in...

Look forward to seeing you there!

[edit on 16-7-2010 by redeyedwonder]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hello sailor and welcome to ats. First and foremost,thank you for your service and what you do in the duty of our country. Now hurry up and get your 20 posts so you can create your own threads.

I respect and follow your reluctance to post any more details about your duty,loose lips still sink ships, be safe.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ffafguy

Hello!

Welcome to ATS! Cool introduction

If you need help with your avatar

See you around!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Normaly i would try to rip you to shreds but as you humbly state your true intentions here on ATS i will salute you

Former British Army recce operative here... But now a current British UFO recce (recon in USA talk) operative!!!!

Understand tensions are high here and many people (including me just only 3 times today) will spew and flame at military guys and girls when we disagree with MSM views. But does not meen we dont care, it meens we realy realy do care....

Enjoy the board and hope to see you across the board for some R&R!!!!!

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Master Shen long]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Welcome aboard shipmate! USN Ret. (AS2) Fair winds and following seas. Check out this thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Thanks guys! I'm sure I'll enjoy posting and arguing with the best of intentions here!

I've actually had the priveledge of working with many Coalition partners so I'm pretty good with the Brits ... well that and considering the fact I lived in Harrogate up in N. Yorkshire for about nine years, I was pretty accustomed to the happenings on the other side of the pond. It's also good to see some Navy peeps here!

As far as the MSM, I won't even say anything in favor or against another's views. I watch Fox, MSNBC, AND CNN, but usually take the majority of it with a grain of salt. I have my ways and means of getting factual info vice speculative/opinionated banter so I'm usually level-headed about it all

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ffafguy
Thanks guys! I'm sure I'll enjoy posting and arguing with the best of intentions here!

I've actually had the priveledge of working with many Coalition partners so I'm pretty good with the Brits ... well that and considering the fact I lived in Harrogate up in N. Yorkshire for about nine years, I was pretty accustomed to the happenings on the other side of the pond.

Oh Harrogate? Realy? and for 9 years? Was that a posting? If it was i can guess with fairly correct assumption what your posting involved

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I dont know if ATS has this already but maybe we should have a service members/veterans group..... Would not matter what side of the fence your on but would be cool to exchange views and thoughts to make this world a better place...... Unless.... We get infiltrated?

Ignore that then maybe.... But is ok with me

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Actually, my father is US Air Force ... I was there before I joined from 95-00, went back stateside for year then went BACK to the UK from 01-04. So no, it was not a posting as I was a civvie, but I did see some neat stuff while I was out there

As far as a military group, it would be neat to have a discussion board/group for international military members to just openly dicuss various topics without any predisposed bias! Not saying classified stuff of course haha

top topics

join