It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We pay for tree sitters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
We pay for tree sitter in NYC. There are 500 of them and we pay them 13 an hour to watch the trees after pesticide gets sprayed on them. I don't know about you but my tax money can go somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So they actually sit there and watch the trees? What are they looking for? If they are watching for effects from the pesticide; shouldn't the effects already be known? Sounds like quite a waste to me also.

[edit on 6/16/2004 by Trojanex]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Have you got a link Estuary?

That just sounds, well, silly. What's the point?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm not so much disturbed about the fact that people are getting paid for such a worthless job, but more so that someone would actually want that job.

It must be mind numbing, I think I'd rather clean the public toilets in Aberdeen.

Oh, Trojanex I love the avatar man.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I'm not so much disturbed about the fact that people are getting paid for such a worthless job, but more so that someone would actually want that job.

And they probably get paid exceptionally well, too. hahaha
Maybe it's a job for the thinkers of society. What more could they ask for? Sit there, and watch a tree.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well, I'd hope they kept their mind on the job of keeping an eye on these potentially hazardous trees, not philosophizing. I hope there is strenuous psychological tests to determine if they're going to be concentrating on the job or not.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thats all they do? Stare at a tree and get paied 13 bucks an hour for it? Easiest and most broing job in the world.

Only a very lazy person would sighn up, or a very stupid one.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
After a week I would be begging for death.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Well, I'd hope they kept their mind on the job of keeping an eye on these potentially hazardous trees, not philosophizing. I hope there is strenuous psychological tests to determine if they're going to be concentrating on the job or not.

hehe, yes, I just get an image of the tree mutately extremely quick, coming alive, and eating people. hehehe. I imagine one would have to pay fine attention to details, paying attention to conditions before, to be able to effectively compare and notice if anything is wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Crazy. I take it that this a government type job? I would like to see a link if you have one.

new topics

top topics

join