It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact or Faked-Paranormal files on Syfy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Fact or Faked-Paranormal files on Syfy

The Syfy channel has a new series called "Fact or Faked-Paranormal files". UFOs are one of the paranormal topics being discussed on the show. It just started here so I can't say much about it yet, except the team of 6 experts to check out the cases seems pretty interesting.

Has anybody seen this yet and if so what did you think of it?

www.syfy.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I saw it, it was good, do you want me to tell you about it or?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I thought the show sounded really bad, I didn't even bother. I was afraid that when they changed from scifi to syfy they'd begin trying to show "trendier" shows. What do we get? Mary knows best.

Thanks cancer which is reality tv

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Thanks for the feedback, since you think it was good, I'll finish watching it.

I also thought I'd mention it so anybody else interested could catch it while it's on though I guess you can watch it online too from the link I gave.

They are doing the ghost car segment now so I'm still waiting for the UFO part. I guess I'll wait to see that and maybe can discuss it after I see it.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
What do we get? Mary knows best.
I have to agree with that, I have no interest in watching Mary knows best.

But the fact or faked is pretty decent so far.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I didn't watch it. I wanted to wait until other ATSers who watched it would provide me with their critiques. Later, if it seems to be a good show, or a joke show, for that matter, I can always catch a rerun.

How many times did the Syfy channel repeat the first episode of "Haven" this last week? I lost count.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Syfy mythbusters, pretty lame...

...BUT, what was that in the skies over PHX?.........

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

And the continuation of that WWE abomination. What is it called now? NXT, or something like that? I know professional wrestling is not "real". It's scripted, for sure. But Science Fiction? Those guys really do jump off the top rope and land on the mat or some other guy's body. Is it science fiction? Nope. Do they really land on some poor chump's belly or chest? Yeah, sort of. But the amazing thing is, these jumpers let more weight land on their knees and elbows. That's gotta hurt, or else they are some sort of uber athlete. Oh, yeah, answered my own ponderings. They must be genetically modified and laboratory created human, sort of, looking critters.

Meanwhile, that Mary show, meh! Nothing in the trailers looked anywhere near intersting to me.

But, if I read in this thread any hope that the Fact or Faked show is good, or terribly bad, I will give it a go. But if it's just, meh, oh well.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
Syfy mythbusters, pretty lame...

...BUT, what was that in the skies over PHX?.........

Here's the video, the Jeff Willis footage they looked at in the show starts at 1:10:

I'm not sure what that is but I'm open to ideas.

The show happened to catch a different type of light in the area, zigzagging in the sky when they filmed the episode. I couldn't rule out a radio controlled plane for that one. But Willis's video looks completely different. He claims he called the airport and they said they had nothing in the sky when he made that video.

However I don't find Willis to be very credible, he's the same guy who had a video of what looked like a mylar balloon and claimed it was a UFO and that it moved over 3000 mph, though his video only showed it moving like a balloon moves.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Has anybody seen this yet and if so what did you think of it?

www.syfy.com...

It was okay, I guess. I personally think we do a better job of ripping apart paranormal videos on this site, although they do have a real team of supposed "experts."

Tonight they spent an awful lot of time trying to recreate a pretty mundane LITS video taken by somebody in the Phoenix area. They tried balloons, and lasers on glass, and so on. Couldn't recreate it.

The point that they were missing was that even if they could reproduce the video, it wouldn't mean anything. The video didn't mean anything to begin with, because that's all there was. A video of lights in the sky. Proving essentially nothing. So there's a serious gap in logic there. Why waste all that time, if in the end the only thing that might add something to the video is finding more and different evidence to support it? Or at least provide some kind of clue as to what it might be. How about going to the area where the lights were, not where the guy filmed them? Off limits military base. That's why.

As for that little shiny thing they filmed in the sky? Who knows? It looked like they sped up the video or something to make it look more interesting. Because it could have just been a helicopter patrolling out at the military base there.

Anyway, there are worse ways to kill an hour. Although if you hang around here enough, you might find yourself yelling at the TV because they're missing something obvious. One of the videos they're going to examine in the future, supposedly, is one of a "drone." We'll see what they do with that, after we posted 1,000 pages or more about it.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

The show happened to catch a different type of light in the area, zigzagging in the sky when they filmed the episode. I couldn't rule out a radio controlled plane for that one.

Don't see how that could have been a radio controlled plane. For it to be moving that fast it would have been close and they would have heard it, among other things.... I mean they were looking for ways to discredit the Willis film...It was kind of ridiculous though, they were going to walk around at night and look for "trace evidence"?...

Ive seen that Willis video before, figured it was a flare drop....now I'm not so sure...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

I didn't watch it. I wanted to wait until other ATSers who watched it would provide me with their critiques. Later, if it seems to be a good show, or a joke show, for that matter, I can always catch a rerun.

How many times did the Syfy channel repeat the first episode of "Haven" this last week? I lost count.
I couldn't tell you about Haven, I didn't see it even once.

The fact or faked was ok but it could have been better. They had 2 segments, the Ghost car and the Willis UFO. They didn't spend enough time investigating the actual fence at the ghost car site and used a duplicate fence for their experiments.

In the Willis UFO they tried a couple of experiments and apparently under the Sherlock Holmes premise that "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." The problem is, you can run experiments for every possible explanation, in fact it's hard to even list what every possible explanation is.

And even the experiments they ran had some lame aspects, for example they tried to duplicate the Willis video using balloons, but the said one of the reasons they don't think Willis's video shows balloons is that in their experiment their balloons didn't go as high. Well, if that was really a discrepancy in their mind, why wouldn't they just make their balloons go higher? So that seemed kind of silly to me. But that explanation had other problems too.

So after running three experiments, none of which duplicated the lights Willis filmed, they concluded the lights were "paranormal?"

The most I would say is they are UFOs, but paranormal?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
Don't see how that could have been a radio controlled plane. For it to be moving that fast it would have been close and they would have heard it
It may not have been that far away, but that doesn't mean they could hear it.

Some battery powered radio controlled planes make very little noise.

And didn't they say they were hearing some kind of humming noise at one point? Though I think that was before they noticed the moving light.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Jeff Willis footage which starts at 1:10 looks like flare or chaff from an aircraft.

Seen chaff pop after 'copter was lazed.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Sorry, just flares.

Second line

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gardCanada
Jeff Willis footage which starts at 1:10 looks like flare or chaff from an aircraft.

Seen chaff pop after 'copter was lazed.
I think the investigators thought so too, and they asked Willis about that. That's when he told them that he called the airport who told him not only did they not drop any flares, but they didn't even have any planes up in the air to drop them.

But as I said, Willis's credibility is less than rock solid, so who knows.

They didn't seem to behave the same way as the LUU-2 illumination flares in the famous 1997 Phoenix video.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Why waste all that time, if in the end the only thing that might add something to the video is finding more and different evidence to support it?
For ratings maybe?

Or at least provide some kind of clue as to what it might be. How about going to the area where the lights were, not where the guy filmed them? Off limits military base. That's why.
I thought they were trying to go toward that area when they said they were looking for "trace evidence", but that was kind of laughable because apparently they were looking at night, which is not exactly the best time to find some trace evidence on the ground, and the area they needed to search would have been immense because it's impossible to tell how far away those lights actually were.

If they had actually found some spent flare housings though that would have been interesting trace evidence, but even that wouldn't have proven that the video showed flares.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
If you don't have cable or satellite tv here is the complete show in five parts. However
the videos may be removed from YouTube soon for reasons we know so watch them
while they're alive.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Thanks for the videos Free Spirit.

If the youtube videos get removed, the link I posted in the OP has a link that says "Watch fact or faked" but sometimes those links don't work for people outside the US so the youtube versions may help those people who can't see it any other way.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I wonder what RC plane can travel mach5 and do a 180 turn in 1 sec.

maybe someone can dream up another explanation other than an RC.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join