It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the plan to have everyone working for the government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It is no question that the people of the United States are at a very low stage in jobless people. Yet, we have the federal government still creating new agencies. Is it their plan to have us all working under them so that they can give us an even bigger incentive to follow their rules?

www.cnsnews.com...

Creation of the Climate Service requires a series of steps, including congressional committee approval. But if all goes well, it should be finished by the end of the year, officials said.

www.nydailynews.com...

The landmark financial-markets legislation expected to be signed into law next week was intended mainly to reduce systemic risk and increase regulation at the corporate level, but it will also alter many aspects of financial life for consumers and individual investors.

Consumers, such as this one at an ATM, will feel the new law's effects.
Consumer advocates publicly hailed the creation of a watchdog agency intended to monitor the safety of financial products for consumers, while privately expressing concern that many areas remain insufficiently regulated.

Meanwhile, Tim Ryan, president of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association, said the law would "have profound effects on the operations and cost structure of most financial-services companies and financial markets."

Here is a rundown of the provisions in the legislation that are likely to affect borrowers, savers and investors.

Consumer-protection agency. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, part of the Federal Reserve, will oversee a broad range of retail financial products, including checking accounts, private student loans and mortgages. Auto dealers are exempt from the agency's oversight.

The agency will have the authority to "deal with unfair, abusive and deceptive practices," said Travis Plunkett, legislative director for the Consumer Federation of America. "Suddenly doubling or tripling the interest rates on credit cards, for example, might well qualify as unfair."

What's Made It Into the Bill?
For consumers, for investors, for banks and for the government.

Lawmakers Set Historic Finance Deal Financial Bill: Key Steps, Not a Cure-All For Big Banks, It Could Have Been Worse Major Provisions in the Financial Overhaul Bill Negotiators Ease Finance Rules Video: Reshaping the Rules of Wall Street Financial Regulation Watch The head of the bureau will be appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate. Consumer advocates say it could take 18 to 24 months to set up the agency.

President Barack Obama trumpeted the new bureau Friday: "Through this agency, we'll combine under one roof the consumer-protection functions that currently are divided among half a dozen different agencies. Now there will be one agency whose sole job will be to look out for you."

It really is great that we have the same tyrannical leaders bought off by big business watching out for us and keeping us safe from big business. Is this not somewhat obvious to anyone else? Times are getting dire, folks.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
With the amount of money we pay to Gov't that goes into Corporate pockets, I'd say that in the end, we all really just work for the corporations. Our job is to bail out the corporations when they fail.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
its possible because then you would be completely dependent upo them, but that is looking like it is already starting to happen.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFinalTruth14

Perhaps I am wrong here but doesn't the social security card already make us employees to the government ?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Is the plan to have everyone working for the government?

Sure does seem like it doesn't it? Just wait till they enforce "National Service."

PLUS.... They may want us to get rid of our Easter Bunny and Santa Claus parades, because they want huge impressive military parades like China's!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Sir, it is Sir I hope. I believe you have stumbled over the biggest secret kept in the open,
And why not?
A Police state is much better controlled if they can threaten to fire you.
Just my 2 cents.
On second thought i will need those back, thx!

(Edit)
To save double post.

reply to post by Max_TO

Nope.
It just means we get double taxed is all.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by g146541]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I will compare my private company job with my husband’s partially government funded job.

My private company job is being outsourced to "Team India". Those few that are currently left and not managers have a horrendous workload.

His job is safe.

We have three managers to over-see the two people that really do the real work. Our director has enough time on her hands to pick a part every e-mail and walk around bullying.

My husband is amazed at how our private company mismanages. 3 people to manage 2? He manages 30 people, with one assistant.

Our private company managers come and go as they please and are allowed, encouraged to bully those below them. There is such a thing as bullying in the work place and I’ve been going through it for over a decade.

My husband could never get away with the bullying games my 3 managers pull on me.

Our private company managers can pretty much come and go as they please.

My husband must account for his time just like those below him. They all sign in and sign out, top to bottom, equally.

I haven't had a raise in 3 years.

He is getting nice raises every year.

Private companies are, for the most part, not regulated and like BP when a company isn’t regulated, often times the people at the top have it much easier than those at the lower end of the pyramid.

From what I have seen, government regulation isn’t bad, it’s more equal.

My husband says he, as a high level manager could never pull the $hit that my private company managers pull.

My box is packed, I’m ready to go. Can’t wait to part ways with Corporate America.

I also have a friend and another family member that work for the state I live in and their jobs are secure and they, like my husband feel they are treated way better than I am in my private company job.

People need to be regulated.

I've watched people with power left unregulated and power corrupts.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

My husband is a retire Marine, works for the biggest defense contracting company in the US and in a military base along civil workers.

Guess what perhaps you husband has not heard that the US government is insourcing contracting jobs in order to cut cost, yes thousands of contracting jobs will be insourced and turn into government jobs with a salary cut, my husband job is one of them.

And as for corruption, mismanagement goes around even in the government jobs you can never win with unionized government employees no matter what if you are not one of them you lose any fight.

Our present administration is big on union backing because they were one of the top contributors of campaign money to Democrats.

But hopefully, with the congress turn around in November the insourcing and government take over will stop.

BTW I voted Democrat in the last elections and to tell you the truth we just trade dumb for dumber every election with only two elite parties in this nation

We all know how butt kissers Republican are to corporate America and private entities.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I'm a government job and can tell you the exact opposite.

Everyone here runs around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Managers blame everyone below them for their ineptitude. They go out of their way to waste as much money as they can because if they dont they wont get the same amount to waste next month.

It's a circus of retards. Overpaid, overcompensated, underworked retards.

Plus, I cant change a light bulb without filing all sorts of paperwork to the various maintenance departments for fear I may upset some grand union of light bulb changer, or run a fowl some EPA decree and be sued to kingdom come. Often I just sit in the dark. Takes 3 weeks to have the bulb changed through the proper channels. I risk losing my job if I change it myself.

This isnt the first government job Ive had. They've all bee like this.

I've worked privately too. It's hit or miss. You get morons in the private sector who seem hellbent on running their business into the ground. You also get wonderful employers and employees to work with. In the government sector idiocy and ineptitude seem to be prerequisites for employment at every level. They come to the office each day as if their goal is to fail.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Amen, that is exactly what my husband said all the time, his in his line of work he can not make mistakes, so yes he is one of those that micromanages, because he deals with government money and the ability of the government to pay its bills

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
hi all
i am across the pond and to my knowledge the then pm tony (teflon) blair paved the way for the creation of thousands of jobs under the term 'quango' quasi-autonomous non-governmental organisations. now the cows have come home for our small island in the storm. the new coalition are in the process of slashing vast amounts of this workforce. mr blair in my opinion hoodwinked most of the population into thinking that this once green and pleasant land was thriving. as with most things built on deception, the true face is revealing itself for a large proportion of these unfortunate employees. a thought that comes to my mind with regards to your country is the fact that if your leaders are recruiting thousands into government posts, will the structure become top heavy? i picture it like an inverted pyramid coupled with the fact (quoted from max keiser report 15/07/2010) that 40% of employed americans are on or below the minimum wage. whatever the outcome it would be amusing if it was found that every citizen would be required to have a government case worker present at all times! now that would create full employed.
regards fakedirt

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
in an indirect way, we are all already working for the government

even the person flipping burgers at mcdonalds is still important, he has to feed the rest of the worker bees, as well as contribute to the production of unhealthy food that creates illness which creates profit for the insurance companies, who then use their massive amounts of money to pay presidents, to be presidents, and other government ranks to follow their agenda and repeat the whole process

trust me, if mcdonalds was out of the picture, the whole scheme would not crumble, but those that conspired it would have to create a new system

it seems off topic but it just proves my point, everyone, no matter where you are and what you do, already contributes to the government in a big way

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

"People need to be regulated.

I've watched people with power left unregulated and power corrupts."

I truly do respect your opinion, but what a dangerous statement to make. I can tell you a personal story of a nuclear facility in South Carolina that has government employees paid to DO NOTHING, literally. I'm sorry you are in a bad position, but have you looked elsewhere in those three years?

Do you really think some clown in Washington should have a say in how a business is ran in South Carolina, or whatever state you are from? I'm against all forms of regulation, but I do understand it helps a lot of the time. It is a double-edged sword though, because regulation is fantastic when it helps you, but wait until it starts hindering you.

I just can't understand an argument for more regulation of business, but that is where we are headed. Don't think about your life, think about your great great grandchildren who will grow up where it is the NORM to have government telling you what to do each day. That is true power and that will lead to a very powerful corruption.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'll address the posts here about how we already do work for the government - I agree. But it might be time to move past that, folks. Once we are directly reporting to the feds, THAT is dangerous.

Money is created by the Federal Reserve.
The rich and powerful, TPTB, own the Federal Reserve.
Money created by the Federal Reserve pays for our politicians to vote in favor of the Federal Reserve and TPTB.

When our government controls ALL THE JOBS in the country and has AGENCIES for everything, what are we to do? They would be our employer! They wouldn't be the big bad elephant in the room, they would be our bosses! Forget regulating business at this point, they would be regulating individuals by pushing down whatever "law" they want.

-- Join the Libertarian party, our only hope.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
No we will probably end up more like this, scrambling to create a new infrastructure while simultaneously collapsing, smaller economy will return to agriculture.

top topics

join