It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

De-classified Vietnam-era Transcripts Show Senators Knew Gulf Of Tonkin Was A Staged False Flag Even

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

Over 1,100 pages of previously classified Vietnam-era transcripts released this week by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee highlight the fact that several Senators knew that the White House and the Pentagon had deceived the American people over the 1964 Gulf of Tonkin incident

normally I don't make threads linking to infowars articles because someone always beats me to the punch. But after searching for this on ATS I couldn't find it anywhere on here.

I can't seem to find a link to the actual document, but some notable quotes are as follows:

“If this country has been misled, if this committee, this Congress, has been misled by pretext into a war in which thousands of young men have died, and many more thousands have been crippled for life, and out of which their country has lost prestige, moral position in the world, the consequences are very great,”

Senator Mike Mansfield, Democrat of Montana, stated, “You will give people who are not interested in facts a chance to exploit them and to magnify them out of all proportion.”

Mike Mansfield would be telling the truth if the people he is referring to are the ones in government who are not interested in the facts, but only interested in exploiting lies to magnify situations out of proportion in order to start wars.

The committee decided in the end to effectively conceal the truth, with Senator Church noting that if the committee came up with proof that an attack never occurred, “we have a case that will discredit the military in the United States, and discredit and quite possibly destroy the president.”

He also noted that if the senators were to follow up on their skepticism over Tonkin, “The big forces in this country that have most of the influence and run most of the newspapers and are oriented toward the presidency will lose no opportunity to thoroughly discredit this committee.”

So, instead of risking discrediting the military, they will just send Americans to die in Vietnam, I'm sure that does a whole lot in promoting the military. The second part of the quote is merely describing the damage control the elite always engage in whenever the truth gets out to the public.

I'll be on the look out to see if they post these 1,100 pages on the internet, or if anyone else can find them it will be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
very interesting , some things never change ,just like the iraqi supergun made in sheffield and the wmd they didnt have...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This is the kind of crud that has destroyed all faith in the american govt and the american system.
Far too many times the gov has outright lied to the people to further its own sociopathic agendas.
The choices made in the past aqnd the ones being made today are totally nhilistic.and all seem to lead into a morass of further degradation of the prople of america,and ther constitution by which it suposedly stands.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

This video suggests that rationalizing a false flag mentality could be highlighting their philosophy of "ends justify the means." While they do not use that phrase any more, they used to use it as much as they use "national security" phrase now. I think that the elite have to be open with their plans, and there really isn't a secret conspiracy, but an open conspiracy, so justifying a false flag is assuming that the ends justify the means; this is probably what they tell the soldiers, I'm sure they don't use the phrase false flag because that would be too indicative of something evil, and they are always careful not to make it seem evil but rather for our own good.

This gulf of tonkin document suggests why they are always using the National Security argument and what it really means. It is not that they are afraid another country will get a hold of their secrets and then use it against them, rather, it's that they are afraid of their own citizens finding out the truth, and so they must hide the truth for national security reasons, otherwise the people would revolt against the nation.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
This is the kind of crud that has destroyed all faith in the american govt and the american system.

It's the kind of crud that should destroy all faith in the gov.

Fortunately for the gov most people are stupid, clueless, in denial or some combination of the three.

Especially with Tonkin. Admitted and proved to be staged way beyond any reasonable doubt and you talk to somebody about it and they either have no clue what you're talking about or claim you're lying and miking it all up.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by stirling

It's the kind of crud that should destroy all faith in the gov.

Fortunately for the gov most people are stupid, clueless, in denial or some combination of the three.

Especially with Tonkin. Admitted and proved to be staged way beyond any reasonable doubt and you talk to somebody about it and they either have no clue what you're talking about or claim you're lying and miking it all up.

unfortunately, it seems that even people on ATS are unaware of the implications of this incident. This would be like if 20, 30 years down the road, declassified documents revealed that 9/11 was known to be a false flag attack, but in order not to hurt the credibility of the bush administration and military, they pretended like it was a real attack by al qaeda. This is why they wait so long before they release things, people unfortunately forget.

top topics

join