It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does our energy go when we die?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I see you serve a little god. Tell me, what church would you be a head of?

[edit on 16-6-2004 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by radardog
What moral principle? Let's say pedophilia is absolutely wrong. When and where would/did a "God force" state this?

I'm just curious... and I think this is off the subject. Oh well.

The God Force is nonliving. In itself it cannot state anything. It is the energy of Spirit.

We learn what is right and what is wrong from our own "god spark" as we progress from striving to live by The Golden Rule and serve others.

Pedophilia is an evil that is committed by many Christian ministers and priests. If Jesus were truly God, then his compassion and responsibility and sense of right and wrong, would have stopped it centuries ago. In not doing so, the logical conclusion is that he was only a prophet.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

As the head of a church or the parent of a child, one has the responsibility to care and nurture that child or the children in a congregation. I don't blame The Original Creator for humanity's transgressions, as He had nothing to do with any of the world's traditional religions; I strive to serve The God Force by exposing a false god through illuminating moral principle.

Since I don't agree with the Judeo-Christian concept of god, then the point about "god" needing to end all evil is irrelevant.

OK.

Question for you then:

You believe - as I do - that there is an original Creator. Do you believe that this Creator was directly responsible for the creation of evil? If not, how do you explain the existence of evil? If you believe - as I do - that evil exists because the Creator gave the created free will, how do you see the problem of evil being eventually solved?

I am trying to understand a logical alternative possibility other than the Christian belief that:

Free will + eternity = imperfection = separation from God = need for imperfection to be made perfect = need for Jesus.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
I see you serve a little god. Tell me, what church would you be a head of?

I used to be a fervent promoter of Christianity.

The "little god" in this case, was the pedophile enabler-prophet, Jesus.

I've since learned not to promote a false god.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
How did we get on about pedophilia?? I thought we were talking about energy? lol oh well

Anyway, so our energy is either in our bones or do others absorb or maybe it's floating around in the air? Is there any way to contain it? Is that a stupid question, but if we could, for the lack of a better phrase, bottle it or catch it could we use it for something else?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Satan's Tactics Of Deception

"Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made."Genesis 3:1

Satan is a formidable adversary and all deception and false teachings originated from him. Although he is extremely crafty, he is also predictable. His tactics for deception do not change; only the packaging. By looking into his basic tactics we can learn how this enemy attempts to deceive us into following him instead of God.

The first encounter of how his deception works is to look is found in a conversation he had with Eve. We can learn much by studying this scenario.

THE SETUP

"And he said to the woman, 'Indeed, has God said, "You shall not eat from any tree of the garden"'." Genesis 3:1

Now there are two things to note here. First, Satan is challenging the validity of God's word; "Did God really say that? Is His word really true?". Next we find that he purposely misquotes and twisted what God said and causes confusion because "indeed" God did not say what Satan quoted.

The key word to look at is the word "any". Did God tell Adam & Eve they could not eat from any tree? Looking back at Genesis 2:16-17 we find that God said, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you shall surely die." So, Satan will use the word of God, but twist it so he can set us up to accept his doctrine.

Now we find an obviously confused Eve responding to the distortion by saying, "From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; but from the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it or touch it, lest you die'." Eve is really setting herself up now because she also has misquoted God by saying if they "touched" the fruit they would die. God did not say that, but if they ate the fruit. She now opens the door to more deception because she shows she really did not know what God said.

TEARING DOWN TRUTH

So Satan follows by saying, "You surely shall not die!"

There are a few things we can see in this. First, Satan's doctrine will contradict the Word of God. Second, He is saying God's Word is not true, and third, saying there are no consequences for ignoring God's command.

Now that Satan has distorted God's Word, contradicted it, placed doubt in Eve's mind, he is able to inject his own philosophies, as he does with us.

SOMETHING NEW: BAIT

Now that Satan had broken Eve down, it was time for the bait;
"For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened and you will be like God."

Here we can see the ultimate deception. There is something hidden that God knows will give you enlightenment and realization that you can be like God; i.e. realization of the so-called god within. The other lie is in the statement that you can be like God. There are many verses in Isaiah 44-47 that says there are none like Him, and there would be none. But this new thinking looked good!

It even looks good today. Not only are those in the New Age saying it, so are some of those who are popular Television preachers such as Kenneth Copeland. It is also and underlying aspect to the current "revivals", Dominion/Kingdom Theologies and others.

"When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate..."

Satan's doctrine; [1] looks like it will be beneficial, [2] is attractive to our flesh, [3] and can give some sort of metaphysical knowledge. It ends up replacing some aspect of God's word

BEATING DECEPTION

For more insight into Satan's tactics, look at Luke 4:1-13. We can learn from these verses that he uses the things of the world to tempt us as he did Jesus. Things such as gaining possessions and power. We also see in verse 10 that Satan also uses the word of God, but out of context. For instance Satan told Jesus to throw himself off the pinnacle of the temple citing Psalm 91:11,12 saying, "For it is written, 'He will give His angles charge concerning you to guard you' and 'On their hands they will bear you up lest you strike your foot against a stone'."

Now, did God say these things? Yes, but Satan conveniently left out part of verse 11 in an attempt to make God's Word fit his own purpose. That omitted part was, "to guard you in all your ways", including guarding from deception and temptation. Plus, note Jesus� responses.

"It is said, 'You shall not put the Lord your God to the test'."

Jesus was using the Word of God [ "It is written", "It is said"] to combat the temptations and attempted deceptions of Satan. This tells us how important it is to know the entire Word. Because Satan will use it, but targeting specific verses out of context and omitting words from them. Watch for these things. For all of these tactics are used in covertly introducing false doctrines into the church.

Some of you may say, "But I can't remember everything the Bible says!". True, but Jesus made a provision, saying;

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive... But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." John 14:15-17, 26

Will you be able to say, "Wait a minute; that does not sound like something I read in the Bible? Now, consider this; If you have not read what Jesus said, what can the Holy Spirit bring remembrance of? We live in times where we cannot afford to be lax in this; because there are many false teachers, apostles, prophets and doctrines in the church today.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

What moral principle? Let's say pedophilia is absolutely wrong. When and where would/did a "God force" state this?

I'm just curious... and I think this is off the subject. Oh well.

The God Force is nonliving. In itself it cannot state anything. It is the energy of Spirit.

We learn what is right and what is wrong from our own "god spark" as we progress from striving to live by The Golden Rule and serve others.

Pedophilia is an evil that is committed by many Christian ministers and priests. If Jesus were truly God, then his compassion and responsibility and sense of right and wrong, would have stopped it centuries ago. In not doing so, the logical conclusion is that he was only a prophet.

The golden rule? Suppose I wanted to be molested as a child (for some odd reason). It then follows that it is perfectly moral for me to molest a child.

Along the same lines: Suppose I like to be beaten by everyone I meet. Therefore, it is perfectly moral for me to beat everyone I meet.

In other words, the golden rule contradicts itself through individual persons. It can't work well as an ethic unless everyone has the same values.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I get the sense that your constant emphasis of pedophilia either indicates that you know someone or that you, yourself, has been a victim of this and can't grasp why God would have allowed such a thing to happen. I sense guilt upon guilt.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Perhaps I should start a new post entitled "new-age ethics" ... ? Any votes for yes?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm afraid that not much will come of it. It becomes a breeding ground for satan. The best defense is to remember these folks in prayer. I think a lot of new age people (myself at one time) get sucked in because they can't either grasp the simplicity of faith and grace and feel like they need to do something to get to a higher place (deeds). Or they have had some traumatic event occur in their life that makes them question why a God who is supposed to love us would allow that event to transpire. (trying to be like God).

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
That aside,

Let me have my opinion on the subject... I think that different people have things right. There is evidence that we can live outside of our bodies, because of numerous accounts of NDE experiencers who were able to see and hear things in different rooms or parts of the hospital buildings that the room they were pronounced (brain)dead at (you can read about that here). But most people conveniently ignore this.

About individuality:

Personally, I think individuality is an illusion and that Paul has a point. Furthermore, the holographic theory of phycisists David Bohm and Karl Pribram support that we are one with something that is within and around us all. Also this is being supported by ancient religions, Eastern ones in particular. And also some early sections of Early christianity. Jesus is credited to have said that the "Kingdom of God is within and around us" in the gospel of Thomas, which has been conviently left out of the bible, when it was being put together in the 4th century A.D. (and for mainly political reasons, because Roman emperor Constantine wanted a united roman empire, and what better way to unite them than religion?)

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The golden rule? Suppose I wanted to be molested as a child (for some odd reason). It then follows that it is perfectly moral for me to molest a child.

Along the same lines: Suppose I like to be beaten by everyone I meet. Therefore, it is perfectly moral for me to beat everyone I meet.

Your examples don't make any sense. It's about not hurting other people, people naturally don't want to get hurt, unless they've been indoctrinated in the other way.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
I'm afraid that not much will come of it. It becomes a breeding ground for satan. The best defense is to remember these folks in prayer. I think a lot of new age people (myself at one time) get sucked in because they can't either grasp the simplicity of faith and grace and feel like they need to do something to get to a higher place (deeds). Or they have had some traumatic event occur in their life that makes them question why a God who is supposed to love us would allow that event to transpire. (trying to be like God).

Perhaps I should start a new post entitled "new-age ethics" ... ? Any votes for yes?

Ah - but satan is a defeated enemy. Any thread in these forums can be used mightily by God - even without violating the terms of the website!

Now, let's try and prevent this thread from being moved. One thing that will happen to our energy after we die is that everything we used that energy for will be remembered and brought before our attention by God.

I think we need to consider that truth very carefully when we do and say things as we live our life.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It goes to the same thing step back from the christian teaching and see jesus for what he was a regular man with a regular thinking and against the goverment of his time that manage to atract followers and his teaching made sense at the time, that was jesus a human being that love have passion even married and family, christianity worship the myth Jesus the divine jesus that one human but God like that is a myth. That is a creation of the church.
And I will say no more.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Your examples don't make any sense. It's about not hurting other people, people naturally don't want to get hurt, unless they've been indoctrinated in the other way.

Not true. Some people like getting hurt. You're just imposing your values and what you hold dear onto everyone else. There is a specific group of people that like pain: Masochist

While they might not be normal, they exist. And using the golden rule, they can cause others pain too. It is sadly the case that the golden rule can not hold up to different values.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by illimey

OK.

Question for you then:

You believe - as I do - that there is an original Creator. Do you believe that this Creator was directly responsible for the creation of evil? If not, how do you explain the existence of evil? If you believe - as I do - that evil exists because the Creator gave the created free will, how do you see the problem of evil being eventually solved?

I am trying to understand a logical alternative possibility other than the Christian belief that:

Free will + eternity = imperfection = separation from God = need for imperfection to be made perfect = need for Jesus.

Anyone who studies New Age teachings and compares them with what I am stating, will realize how different this is from that.

No, I don't believe that The Original Creator was responsible for manifesting evil. Evil is the result of free will.

There are many things which are attributed to The Original Creator which I have found to be untrue, partly from my experience as a spiritual medium. The key one is the idea that He decides who goes to heaven and who does not. This, I have found, is not determined by Him, but by Universal Law which is unalterable and governs The God Force.

Many people have never heard of Jesus or any other "diety" from this world, and there are many others, so it doesn't make sense that giving lip service to one prophet plays any role in being able to ascend to a spiritual plane of existence after bodily death.

The Original Creator did not create The God Force, as it always existed and always will exist, and it represents the only way that reality can manifest itself in the first place. Without Universal Law and The God Force, there could be no galaxies, stars, planets or life of any kind, be it incarnate or discarnate.

The God Force is a nonliving energy spectrum that operates independently, like gravity and electromagnetism, but is based in the discarnate dimensions. The Original Creator is the living, rarefied, God Realized Master who manifested The Big Bang.

The more spiritually evolved the soul, the greater the access to The God Force when once again in the Spirit.

This answers the age old question of how something can miraculously spring from nothngness. The God Force always existed and always will exist and is the "how" of The Original Creator's emergence in the first place.

This idea is similar to that which Seth stated through Jane Roberts in the 1970s, that The Original Creator emerged from his own probable existence. He could not have done so without the help of The God Force in the Spirit -- the White Light that NDE-ers often report seeing "at the end of the tunnel."

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
It goes to the same thing step back from the christian teaching and see jesus for what he was a regular man with a regular thinking and against the goverment of his time that manage to atract followers and his teaching made sense at the time, that was jesus a human being that love have passion even married and family, christianity worship the myth Jesus the divine jesus that one human but God like that is a myth. That is a creation of the church.
And I will say no more.

I'm sorry to hear that you will say no more, because you (in the posts of yours that I have seen) always state your feelings clearly and without anger.

If Jesus = God = myth, then humanity = hopeless.

We are utterly miserable and may as well lie down and die.

Existence is pointless.

Our energy can do what it damn well likes after we die, cause whatever happens, there is no reason to care.

Thankfully...

Jesus was and IS wholly God.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm starting a new post on new-age ethics and the golden rule if anyone is interested.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Not true. Some people like getting hurt. You're just imposing your values and what you hold dear onto everyone else. There is a specific group of people that like pain: Masochist

It's nothing about values, but about the mental build up of people...
Are babies born masochists??? Are people born masochists? Or is it a result of the conditions and the enviroment they were reared up in?

So my point is, masochism is second nature, not first nature... So it still applies...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by illimey

If Jesus = God = myth, then humanity = hopeless.

We are utterly miserable and may as well lie down and die.

Existence is pointless.

Our energy can do what it damn well likes after we die, cause whatever happens, there is no reason to care.

Hey now, wait a minute.

Just because Jesus is not God hardly means that existence is pointless.

You create your own "reason for being" from your service to others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join