It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the BP bubble just burst!!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Ok so I’m looking at the live feed since the new cap supposedly stopped the leak then reopened (No one is sure why, perhaps pressure testing or another fail).

I am looking at this new flow and it seems like an eruption to me more than a flow.
Maybe my eyes deceive me but I honestly cannot see any man or machine stopping that.

I think it’s over. This will change everything (no overreaction).

Someone please prove to me that this was expected.

I can't watch that leak without thinking that the end of our reign on this planet is in sight.

See for yourself. My bet is that this, from today will not lessen.
If this thing blows then god help us all.

They tried to tap into a super volcano of oil and f***** up!

Take a look for yourself!!

www.fadsites.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hi Spirit777,

Guess that cap didn't hold out long. Do you think they will use nukes now? Man that oil volcano is spewin' big time. BP has created a monster. Doesn't look good at all.

Thank you for posting this. I have bookmarked this thread.

Toni

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Duplicate post. Deleted.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Antoniastar]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit777

Wayne Madsen writes that the sea floor may be cracked a few miles from the well head. Not enough info to tell if this is true or not.

If it is true the gulf is f-, f-, f-, fooked.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I ws under the impression that the pressure is up on the outlet because its smaller diameter pipe, kind of a finger over the end of a hose pipe effect. Upon looking at the feeds the pipe that is currently venting is considerably smaller than the main line.

I can only hope that what you say will not happen, for the residents of the Gulf and Man Kind

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
I ws under the impression that the pressure is up on the outlet because its smaller diameter pipe, kind of a finger over the end of a hose pipe effect. Upon looking at the feeds the pipe that is currently venting is considerably smaller than the main line.

I can only hope that what you say will not happen, for the residents of the Gulf and Man Kind

Exactly. The two live feeds are in my opinion not one and the same flow. One is coming from the cap where the pressure is high, however the feed of the more visible flow looks much larger in volume and density.

Perhaps by trying to cap the flow a crack in the seabed ruptured.

I hope i am wrong and they are one and the same.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
They need the largest hydrogen bomb they have, period.

Is the other stuff still news?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar
Hi Spirit777,

Guess that cap didn't hold out long. Do you think they will use nukes now? Man that oil volcano is spewin' big time. BP has created a monster. Doesn't look good at all.

Thank you for posting this. I have bookmarked this thread.

Toni

I think nukes will only be used as a last result. If things get so out of hand that they just try to kill force with force. In saying this there is no evidence a nuke will not just make matters worse. Depending on the volume of oil and other chemicles beneath the seabed a nuke could just potentially open up a bigger door!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I like how everyone is blaming BP It is the Us's insatible gred for oil that has caused this.....think about it please Why do we look to just blame one company when there are literally 100 companies involved here plus the us goverment for allowing deep well drilling in the first place....it is govermental greed for resources at all our expenses that things like this happen....when we don't listen to people saying how damagning a disaster might be to our planet earth ....but take hedd we are human and we learn from our mistakes...lol. Yeah right...what are people going to say when we dump tons and tons of nuclear waste deep in those same voids created but sucking oil from those well and it leaks into the enviroment....Wake up there is a bigger picture here....it is our very own comsumerism that has created this disaster....not just BP just beccause they are trying make an almighty dollar like every other person upon this planet....check your own back yard people as you drive the very car that consumes that oil and every plastic bag that can be made from the bi-product....dont blame Bp blame yourselves for not doing your part to stand up for the enviroment in which we all live.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Na, you need the worlds biggest hydrogen bomb and you people know it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Screen shots.

Please.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Why dont they just forget it ever happened and move on like seriously. "Come on"

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Please explain in laymans terms how exactly that would help?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

No! Let the oil come to the surface and hit it with a M.O.A.B. The muther of all bombs. There is no radiation. Hit it again. Hit it hard! Again! Burn off the oil.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
I like how everyone is blaming BP It is the Us's insatible gred for oil that has caused this.....think about it please Why do we look to just blame one company when there are literally 100 companies involved here plus the us goverment for allowing deep well drilling in the first place....it is govermental greed for resources at all our expenses that things like this happen....when we don't listen to people saying how damagning a disaster might be to our planet earth ....but take hedd we are human and we learn from our mistakes...lol. Yeah right...what are people going to say when we dump tons and tons of nuclear waste deep in those same voids created but sucking oil from those well and it leaks into the enviroment....Wake up there is a bigger picture here....it is our very own comsumerism that has created this disaster....not just BP just beccause they are trying make an almighty dollar like every other person upon this planet....check your own back yard people as you drive the very car that consumes that oil and every plastic bag that can be made from the bi-product....dont blame Bp blame yourselves for not doing your part to stand up for the enviroment in which we all live.

You are right we are all responsible in our individual ignorance.

The fact the BP is part of the system and not one man’s venture to make money i think laying blame on BP is blaming the little man. There is a far larger picture where multinational businesses and conglomerates are interwoven in a centralised power system. If we are to blame anyone it is the man at the very top. The controllers of our society. Those that first put oil in front of man as a choice. We are all responsible only some more than others.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
Screen shots.

Please.

Sorry not sure how to screen shoot a live feed?

The link will take you straight to the image.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Takes me straight to a page full of "click here to download plugin," and I'm sick of downloading crap to see what people on here are talking about.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit777

Exactly. The two live feeds are in my opinion not one and the same flow. One is coming from the cap where the pressure is high, however the feed of the more visible flow looks much larger in volume and density.

Perhaps by trying to cap the flow a crack in the seabed ruptured.

I hope i am wrong and they are one and the same.

Well to me i think they are the same flow, its just ROV1 is closer to the flow than ROV2.

Thats what it looks like to me anyway

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

You guys need to read the other threads, especially the one on 'up to the minute live feeds' There is stacks of info on what's happening.... They have NOT shut the leak off, they aren't hoping to just yet, and it was delayed due to seismic testing of the ocean floor. So that when they do try to shut it down, they can measure any movement of the seabed. Furthermore, there are 3 release pipes on the stack - The original outlet, now shut down and two others. One was the choke, which was leaking, so they have closed that to replace it with a different or repaired choke. The remaining outlet is what's spewing oil. It looks wild in some shots, because it's of a smaller bore and looks larger in some cos the ROV is closer to the plume!

Eventually once the choke is replaced, this will be the final outlet to be closed down, turn by turn, whilst they monitor all other outlets AND the seabed. If the choke holds, they will test periodically, depending on the fluctuations, if any, in the pressure - 9000psi is optimum, 3000psi means its leaking elsewhere.

Now, hopefully, you can wind this thread up and follow the one I mentioned, which seems to show all relevant info and is constantly updated. Otherwise, all we end up with is new threads which are already out of date from the start, as with matey boy who posted one saying the leak was secured, just because he'd heard the main stack outlet was not leaking oil!

Less knee jerk, more exploration!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join