It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supposed leaked video of a recent fly-by over the gulf of mexico.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It would be nice to have some commentary or at least some reference to put this video into perspective. The lack of any audio makes it hard know for sure what exactly we're looking at or where it is.

Looks like a ton of oil in my opinion, but it could be misleading. If this video is what it claims to be than it's probably not looking too good down there in the gulf.

at least get a gas mask and wear it if you're gonna stick around near this stuff, maybe try to get a whole mopp-suit if you wanna go all out.

or just get the hell outta dodge...

blog.eyeblast.tv...

NOTE TO MODS... I'm not sure if I've copied the link correctly, as I'm rather new at posting; however, I feel that this is important for people to see if it isn't already posted and getting attention elsewhere on the site. So if anything's wrong, some assistance and/or constructive criticizm would be much appreciated.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
edit for double post

[edit on 15-7-2010 by imdeceived]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Amazing
It's hard to tell the scale of the images. Except the boat in the end of the 2nd video theres no other objects to relate with.

Nonetheless the damage is striking.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Part 2

Is that from a plane or on the beach? The scale is messing with me, but I think it's from a plane.
That is horrible.... and now that I think about it, when was the last video fly over footage released? I can't recall any current ones.

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Why would the video have to be "leaked". Is the Gulf Coast a no fly zone? I hadn't heard that.
Besides the fact that whatever we are looking at is utterly unidentifiable, that is.

[edit on 7/15/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was unsure about the no -fly zone too, but apparently there is:

factsnotfairies.blogspot.com...
www.notanotherconspiracy.com...
tfr.faa.gov...
If this info is legit...
Here are 2 more different sources
gulfofmexicohealth.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 15-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Interesting. But...

Altitude: From the surface up to and including 3000 feet AGL

tfr.faa.gov...

3000 feet is not all that high.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes its is a no fly zone

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yea I guess 3000 ft would only keep some traffic out. Some good pics and vids could still be taken from higher altitudes.
How come we haven't seen any though, vids in particular?
Or am I just not looking enough?
I'll dig in...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

The purpose of the NOTAM is to keep general aviation out of the way of operations involved with the oil spill, not to hide anything. You can get a good view from 3,500 feet.

The videos are of something else, what I don't know and I'm not about to go searching for it.

Hoax.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I agree, Hoax. That shot with the thick black slick like a whale's tail is way too calm for the gulf of mexico, or any large body of water. It is clearly an interior body of water, not a gulf. Also there seems to be way too much of an elevation change for that region on the coast.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The purpose of the NOTAM is to keep general aviation out of the way of operations involved with the oil spill, not to hide anything. You can get a good view from 3,500 feet.

The videos are of something else, what I don't know and I'm not about to go searching for it.

Hoax.

Well if you don't know what the video is, than it would be wise to leave the topic open for speculation, rather than claiming with certainty that you know what it isn't.

Just my two cents...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The No FlyZone and media restrictions had been lifted as of yesterday.
It seems someone put it out that there was actually no law or "Official" release of said restrictions. so yesterday they announced a lift on the ban.

(Edit)
Oh yeah scale on the vid is hard to figure out but some of it looks as if it was taken from a boat.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by g146541]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
So I just tried to dig up any recent(this month) fly over vids and there has only been two in the last month.
Part 1 JUNE 27

Part 2 JUNE 27

JULY 6

These look bad enough, but I am unsure about the first "leaked" vids in the post.

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The way it always pans and zooms so smoothly, shows no horizon reference, no image flaws and how the texture is all the same looks suspiciously CGI to me.

I'm not debunking the potential scope of the leak. I'm sure its worst than any of are lead to believe. I'm just having a skeptical first impression of this video.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
It seems someone put it out that there was actually no law or "Official" release of said restrictions. so yesterday they announced a lift on the ban.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by g146541]

Maybe that's why somebody got courageous enough to bring this to light. It could possibly be from a boat in some parts of the video, and from an airplane in other parts. Or it could possibly be a hoax.

By who? Your guess is as good as mine

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ImYourHuckleberry

Because there is no other information other than "leaked video" (no location specified) and because there is no reason for such a video to be "leaked" (because any aircraft is free to fly anywhere in the Gulf as long as they are above 3,000 feet in the restricted area) and because there is no other indication that the actual Gulf oil spill bears any resemblance to what is seen in the video, there is every reason to suspect a hoax.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I was trying to look that up and could not find it...link please?
Thanks

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
So I just tried to dig up any recent(this month) fly over vids and there has only been two in the last month.

Given the scope of this disaster this has really been baffling me. I would have thought the internet would be flooded with dozens of flyover videos.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Do you have a source for that? NOTAMs are official when released. The acronym stands for NOtice To Airmen. It is the pilot's responsibility to be aware of them and the general public has no "need to know".

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join