It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who knows something about "augmented reality"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Does anyone on ATS know about augmented reality? I am wondering if someone can throw some light on this subject. I would like to know if I am being fooled by my own eyes.

Peace and Thank You

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Can someone move this from the BP thread please?
I've never done that.
Thanks

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well since no one really knows what's going with regard to this "oil spill" you may have just made the most realistic post in this sub forum

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe
Well since no one really knows what's going with regard to this "oil spill" you may have just made the most realistic post in this sub forum

my sides just split.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

Who knows something about "augmented reality"?

Augmented Reality

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thank you kindly LordBucket. Your link was very informative.
Do you think AR was used on 9-11 or anywhere else? Could it be used to manipulate the population?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
where is it not used to control the population?

I think is the question we need to ask this theory or concept was envisioned in 1990 technology since then has progressed how many times over since then.?

great question I learned something new today.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Does anyone know if augmented reality was used recently or on 9-11 to fool the eyes of people? Does anyone know how much the technique has advanced since 1990?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Here are some examples.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
Does anyone know if augmented reality was used recently or on 9-11 to fool the eyes of people? Does anyone know how much the technique has advanced since 1990?

Well one example of augmented reality is showing live scores of a sports game on the TV screen. I'd say that's changed none since 1990.

However other applications like heads up displays working their way from fighter aircraft to consumer grade automobiles has made progress.

However I fail to see what any of that has to do with 9/11. The only augmented reality in 9/11 that immediately comes to mind is the standard augmented reality available in airplane cockpits, though military aircraft are even more advanced than commercial aircraft in this regard. The terrorists didn't even know how to deal with the real reality much less the augmented reality, as they did dumb things like broadcast a message to air traffic controllers they thought they were saying over the cabin announcement system.

To fool the eyes of people, there would have to be some kind of display, like everyone would have to be wearing head mounted displays, like this augmented reality unit for soldiers:

Advanced Integrated Soldier to use heads-up display
www.gizmag.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a80870e3f06.jpg[/atsimg]
And as you can see, even with that, it's hard to fool the soldier completely, because only one eye sees the augmented display, the other eye is looking at non-augmented reality.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Thank you for the videos. Do you know if the videos are recent?
I'm still wondering if the gov't is using this technology against us.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

So there has to be a "user" and be directed towards the AR? Could the gov't use this to "project" an image in the sky maybe? Or am I way off base?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Thank you for the videos. Do you know if the videos are recent?
I'm still wondering if the gov't is using this technology against us.
Those are video games.
We know that governments have conducted experiments on their people before so they may still be doing something like that, but whatever they are doing, I don't think it's augmented reality.

reply to post by Arbitrageur

So there has to be a "user" and be directed towards the AR? Could the gov't use this to "project" an image in the sky maybe? Or am I way off base?

There has to be some kind of display, and someone has to see the augmentation on the display. Theoretically a display can take many forms. But usually a projection technology has to have something to project against, like a cloud, or water mist, or something. People like to talk about Project Blue Beam but air is clear, so if they projected light into the sky, the light would have to reflect from something for us to see it, right? If the air is clear and the sky is clear, there would be nothing to reflect the light.

Step 2 involves a gigantic "space show" wherein three-dimensional laser projections will be beamed all over the planet.

Interesting concept, but unless somebody can tell me what the light will reflect from, I'd have to say if they project light into a clear sky, it will just keep going if there's nothing for it to reflect against.

About the closest thing I've seen to bluebeam is projecting against a water curtain:

www.magical-water.com...

Very cool, but I don't think it's fooling anyone into thinking it's a real image.

Projecting against a cloud would be even more problematic due to the irregular surface of the cloud, so the image would probably be distorted and would look different from different viewing angles if they tried that.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
PlayStation 3 does augmented reality and with its new motion controller with 1:1 precision looks amazing. The controller will turn into a sword or anything onscreen for instance.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by NLDelta9]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
My son told me that it is called Playstation Move and it looks like an awesome AR application.

new topics

top topics

join