It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black tea partiers rebut NAACP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Black tea partiers rebut NAACP

www.politico.com

Some African-American tea party candidates are displeased by a resolution that the NAACP approved on Tuesday calling the grass-roots conservative movement “racist.”

“I have not experienced the charges of racism that the NAACP is touting,” Vernon Parker, an African-American tea party congressional candidate in Arizona, told POLITICO.

Parker, former mayor of Paradise Valley, said that he has never felt out of place at a tea party rally because of the color of his skin.

“When I go to tea party events, people don’t look at me any differently,” he said. “They didn�
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.drudgereport.com
www.politico.com

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I KNOW, I KNOW, YOUR SAYING TO YOUR SELF, OMG,,, OMG !!!

There are Black People in the Tea Party Movement? YES THEIR ARE!

Actually it's the funny that other Blacks can't understand why a Blacks are not Democrats, Hell, The Government Owes You and you make sure the Democrats pay.

I mean, they like to keep their money too, they like to have the freedom to bear arms and choose their children's schools, Tea Party Blacks are not into a NANNY State or Country, Like Most Liberals Are. They like the idea of being able to wipe their own a$$ with out asking permission.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I saw this coming a mile away.

Tea Parties are so diverse and with the amount of Hate NAACP has put out there, there is going to be a huge backlash against those who prescribe to their style of Philosiphy.

We already saw the Legal Immigrants from different countries band together and support AZ in these very same Tea Parties. We saw people of Color stomp the racist portrayal by the Lame Stream Media to the ground.

Now its NAACP's turn.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This whole racial issue is driving me nuts.

Skin color should have no relevance in choosing a candidate.

The racial card has been played so much that it is becoming offensive.

If this racial issue escalates we will be in deep poop.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Enjoy the hell you just created for yourself NAACP.

Also:

( I might use this for a new topic if others do not)

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Thank You, Gorman91 Great Video.
I had not seen that one yet and he actually made sense with a lot of facts thrown in.

Thank You

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

He holds a special place in my heart because he is a rare truth seeker whom displays all his sources and facts right there and invites you to look them up yourself. Our community should mass PM him to join ours, lol.

Watch his other videos. Greatness. All of them.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yeah, I have long thought the "racist" charges against the Tea Party were just trumped up to discredit them. Its just a way the entrenched PTB are trying to make it continually unlikely that a third party will ever gain power, and unseat them.

We need to just make a blanket policy among ourselves to ignore the overused "divisors" of the populace, (race, liberal, conservative, etc.) and united for just a little while to get rid of both the Dems and Republicans and vote in third party people, so that we can regain some control of our government. Once we do that, we can bicker again if we need to. Somehow I think that if we got the two privileged parties out of office we would find we really didnt have as much to bicker about.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Well, it seemed the tea party was a grassroots venture. I don't know if that's true. It seems well organized. Hmmmm...wasn't the Republican Party at one time a grass roots venture? Sure. And it was well organized.

I have only been to one tea party event. Lots of white people there, I can't deny that. But, I live in an area where it's mostly white people. Were there other people, of other races and ethnicities there? Yep. It appeared pretty much a general mix of peoples, according to the population of my town.

It was a peaceful event. Even when, at that time, people were attending these demonstrations wearing tea bags on their hats,. and proclaiming 1776 all over again!!

This wasn't like that at all. The main theme seemed to be, this new president is going to continue the same policies as the last, and we are tired of it. We are tired of the lies, we are tired of the same ole same ole.

There were a few people who tried to disrupt it all. Nope, not people carrying photos of Obama as Mickey Mouse or Hitler. But people who chose to continually ride around the block in their cars, blowing their horns, giving the "finger" and yelling, well, f*&% you!!!

I actually expected attendees would throw teabags into the town fountain. lol
Nobody did that.

There was a main speaker. He said. We are tired of this, aren't we? The crowd was silent. Tired of what? And then he said, we are tired of this stuff about either you are a democrat or you are a republican. And many in the crowd yelled out, Yes! I could go on. lol But I hope you get the gist of what went on at the protest. Tired of a government that does not represent the people!

Heh. Racist claims against the "tea party" from a racist organization.

Michael Meyers: "The NAACP used to be a sane organization."

Google him if you feel like it. It's hard to find him. Google prefers a serial movie character and some unknown actor as well. New York Civil Rights Coalition.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think Obama and his supporters shenanigans have made a lampoon of the term "racism". It is like "Nazi". It is a one way ticket to being marginalized and ignored, anymore. And that is a good thing. It is a vile word, meant to enslave you to a fallacious idea.

Sure, there is and will continue to be racism everywhere. But to constantly finger point and whine about it just makes you look stupid.

Obama pulled the racism stunt in S. Africa, and his entire campaign (and policy execution) hinges on labelling anyone who disagrees with him as a racist. That, and the Black Panther party issue...you will see a backlash. "White guilt" will become a thing of the past. People who have so chosen will no longer be held as prisoners to the actions of some of our forefathers.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Yeah, I have long thought the "racist" charges against the Tea Party were just trumped up to discredit them. Its just a way the entrenched PTB are trying to make it continually unlikely that a third party will ever gain power, and unseat them.

We need to just make a blanket policy among ourselves to ignore the overused "divisors" of the populace, (race, liberal, conservative, etc.) and united for just a little while to get rid of both the Dems and Republicans and vote in third party people, so that we can regain some control of our government. Once we do that, we can bicker again if we need to. Somehow I think that if we got the two privileged parties out of office we would find we really didnt have as much to bicker about.

You are almost there.

Our officials are not elected to vote along their party platforms. They are not elected to vote in trade offs with their peers. They are only elected for one thing: to execute the will of their constituents. if they are unclear on what that will is, they can hold town halls, etc, and get set straight.

We don't need any party affiliation. All that does it put another loyalty between our elected officials and us.

Fix that and campain finance, and you just about have the system set up where The People can once again have their voice heard.

The Tea Party is nothing more than "GOP, Redux". As they gain more footing, we will see more and more GOP scoundrels join their ranks. And the Tea party will welcome them with open arms, as they believe it will "legitimize" them more as a political force.

It will never achieve what we want it to. The only answer is for the men and women of our nation to stand on their own two feet and demand their elected officials do the same.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
As much as I think I like Ron Paul and his son, remember this...

The mass media is controlled by the people who control the politicians in government.

Thus, if the Tea Party movement is gaining recognition in the mass media, it is on purpose by the people who are in control. What better way to draw attention to a group that may be a genuine American Constitutional movement than to get a black man in power, and then condemn them as racists.

Vote splitting.

If they can split the votes 50 percent democrat, 40 percent republican, and 10 percent tea party -they win. They keep their current power structure.

It's a catch 22. By voting Tea Party, you're enabling the current power structure to continue on with all it's momentum. By not doing so, you're doing the same thing.

Is anyone dumb enough to believe the Tea Party are racists, and continue voting Republican or Democrat? Well, how many idiots do you know who pay all their attention to sports, World Cup, The Hills, American Idol - and yet they moan and roll their eyes when you mention anything of real importance...

Massive reform is needed.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by againuntodust]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Hey! It's Zo! I have been watching his videos since before the election when a friend showed one of them to me. I've been a fan ever since. He makes phenomenal arguments using real facts and can back his points up. He has explained in his videos why he supports the position that he does. He is funny and incredibly entertaining on top of having a solid grasp on common sense.

We have a woman running for a State Senate seat here in Illinois, but not in my district. I wish she were, after reading up on her and her positions, I would vote for her in a heartbeat. I am telling all of my friends in her district about her common sense positions and encouraging them to read up on what she has to say. She is for small government, fiscal responsibility, and ethics and accountability. She is running as a Republican, but it sounds like she is considered a Tea Party candidate (by herself and others) and is challenging the NAACP's pronouncement about the Tea Party and racism. This woman is also not an incumbent and is a breath of fresh air. She also seems to be seen as a threat to the status quo and we are already seeing the dirty political games and machine politics that Chicago is infamous for coming to play against her.

All of that to say that I was excited to see a Zo video and to mention the woman that I have been reading about recently who is black and a Tea Party candidate and is also challenging what the NAACP had to say.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Im all for campaign finance reform, we will just never get it from the Dems or Republicans.

They are supposed to represent us, not the "party" but they dont. Neither of them do. A third party, (any party) who is not yet bought and paid for by corporate cash will still want and need the people, and may actually implement the policies we want. The two that have a stranglehold on politics now have no intention of listening to us. At all.

They know what we want. In detail. Thats how they tailor their speeches to us on the campaign trail. They simply decline to do it. They dont need "town hall" meetings to figure it out. Our leaders know what the voters want in other countries, and how to tailor messages to them. And note that they also dont want to set a precedent of "listening to the voters." Cant have that. It reminds me of the memo to that Canadian minister while Obama was campaigning telling him to not be upset about the campaign rhetoric about NAFTA, that all would be well once he was elected.

file....__._/file/cia-afghanistan.pdf

French and German commitments to NATO are a safeguard against a precipitous departure, but leaders fearing a backlash ahead of spring regional elections might become unwilling to pay a political price for increasing troop levels or extending deployments. If domestic politics forces the Dutch to depart, politicians elsewhere might cite a precedent for
“listening to the voters.” French and German leaders have over the past two years taken steps to preempt an upsurge of opposition but their vulnerability may be higher now:

They know what we want, and they know how to tailor their messages to keep us hopeful we will get it, or to soothe our feelings if we dont. We are never going to ever get any campaign finance reform out of either party. Ever. Nothing meaningful.

We just need an insecure third party in office. I dont even care which one, but one who still perceives a real threat of losing power, and so wants to please us. The two main parties dont think we have any choice other than them, (and they both have essentially the same agenda,) and they work hard to keep it that way.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

.....and......your post goes unnoticed.

We are being played. The 'Tea Party' movement would of been jumped on no matter who got in power.

We are not talking about a black or white thing. We are talking about the death throes of a dying civilization and to just to prolong the magic, they bring up this old chestnut. Race.

Divide and conquer. So.Simple.Is.It. We can't go on like this. Everybody knows this. It is not about being 'aware' or 'enlightened', it's about how much of this sh1t effects you personally.

And, when all of us have had enough poo sandwiches and drinks of wee, it'll kick off. Just as it always has. It always does.

Then the victors can write about the revolution in the same bs manner as every revolution has been written about, except this time it'll be global.

Life is NOT like a box of chocolates ffs. It loops like a Chicago House tune.

Viva-la-little-bit-after-the-revolution-when-everything's-okay-for-a-week-and-then-let's-get-on-with-messing-it-all-up-again ( optional exclamation mark if needed (!) ).

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
NAACP jumped at them because they think that having issues with some of the civil rights legislation is equal to hating Blacks. It shows their ignorance on the effects of the Civil Rights movement, both good and bad, and their inability to comprehend what racism actually is.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
one of these days the NAACP is going to encounter some *real* racism; they'll run crying to the media and...no one will pay attention.

the young male who cried wolf.

Limbaugh is racist? Hannity? Fox News? Tea Party?

anyone remember the Bear Patrol on the Simpsons? they had this armed high-tech team in a van roaming the streets 24/7 looking for bears that weren't there. that's the Civil Rights community today, running around breathlessly ranting about racism that isn't there.
it's the 21st Century, folks. let's move on.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by works4dhs]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
one of these days the NAACP is going to encounter some *real* racism; they'll run crying to the media and...no one will pay attention.

the young male who cried wolf.

Limbaugh is racist? Hannity? Fox News? Tea Party?

anyone remember the Bear Patrol on the Simpsons? they had this armed high-tech team in a van roaming the streets 24/7 looking for bears that weren't there. that's the Civil Rights community today, running around breathlessly ranting about racism that isn't there.
it's the 21st Century, folks. let's move on.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by works4dhs]

The claims of racism aren't mearly to embarrass, they are specifically to justify violence when the 'appropriate' amount of desired reparations are not forthcoming. In every case you will find, when asked for how long reparations are intended, the reply is to be in perpetuity for all of color, from all not of color. There is no justice in it it is threat and theft pure and simple and is not intended to right any extant wrong but to promote an even greater one, one of cultural conquest and submission of those with the means of production. Make no mistake, it has to go all the way one way or the other, the time to expect to function efficiently while being hobbled by unrealistic social paradigms is limited and to continue will mean conquest by outsiders not wasting time on vague concepts of intracultural entitlement and privileges. This is aproblem that needs to be solved pronto or evolution will be turned on its very head.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Great video, I subscribed to his channel and invited him here to ATS. I also checked out his site and will be getting his music soon.

Thanks for linking the video.

Raist

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

On the surface i agree with you.

But if you dig a little deeper, there are other things that stand out. For instance, how long until the Tea Party becomes the "system"? How many GOP's will jump ship (or already have) to steer party policy?

And why do we need a party anyway? What are they aligning for? Their job is to cast a vote that represents the conscience of their constituents, and write laws that are desired by their constituents (although this should be done much less frequently than it is now).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join