It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Colorful River In The World (Amazing)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hi there, first of all yea great photos Colombia is a nice country and its not like most people think, dangerous and so, you just should not go to place where you have nothing to look for its that simple. I live here now for about 5 years in different parts and i have to tell you that its SAFE. Bogota is a nice capital and has many things to see like the gold museum and la candelaria, which is real nice its colonial Spanish original style, than you have these places nature reserves, and nice beaches, and nice people to, its not like you walk on the street and oooh you see farc and ooooh you get robbed, common in the USA in some parts you also get robbed just like that even worse to be honoust. sure it has some places that are not advisable to go to, but heh hey the people that go there are most of the time people that look for drugs and so and well thats asking for problems its simple as that. I advice you to visit Colombia its 1 of the prettiest country's in South America, And again its not like in the movies okay

i had friends come over and they completely changed their mind about this wonderful country. and also i see many write Columbia lol its Colombia Columbia is in the USA

here a nice video of Colombia so you have bit more of an idea what its like and what it has...

[edit on 15-7-2010 by soundmatrix2009]

[edit on 15-7-2010 by soundmatrix2009]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Nice pictures but, what is your conspiracy theory about this? OK OK, just joking. Those are pretty dang cool pictures. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
absolutely stunning. are there other places like this?
with such a natural explanation it seems there would be
i've never heard of such a thing. unbelievable
my first thought was what dreams may come

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well, verry nice pictures, thanks for posting them S+F for these

Looking at these pictures really reminds us how beautifull planet earth is...really now in a time where it looks like that some of us are making a mess out of it...like the gulf oil spill..

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Stunning to say the least..to think such natural beauty exists, albeit for a limited time of the year. ty OP for sharing such a wonderful display of nature!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
We are lucky to live on such a badass planet. Lets make sure these wonders are not ruined by us.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Very pretty river, but as with many of the world's most beautiful places, Colombia is still a dangerous place and the kidnapping capital of the world courtesy of FARC.

What is it with South America, can't they just calm down and stop having revolutions on the second Tuesday of every month, it's just so........South American. Brazil appears to have civilized itself to the point where it now makes the "acceptable" list, although tour buses coming from Buenos Aires International still get hijacked at gunpoint every now and then.

Personally I'll stick with Maui for incredible scenery and a better than average chance of coming home after the vacation ends.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
WOW!!
Thank you for sharing these pictures with us.That is the most amazingly beautiful showing of mother nature i have ever seen in my lifetime .I wish i was able to go view it for myself and take that wonderful image with me forever

Again thank you!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man

The river shown in the photographs is the Caristales, which is located near the town of La Macarena in Colombia , South America .

The river, world famous for its colorful display, has been called:"the river that ran away to paradise," "the most beautiful river in the world" and "the river of five colors".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e00c021feac9.jpg[/atsimg]

Ahhh!!!!!!!!!

Toxic WASTE!!

Cool river, cool thread

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus
Absolutely beautiful.

Too bad this is in Columbia since I would love to see the river with my own eyes.

Originally posted by SSimon
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

yeah it must be a guerrieros trick to attrack rich poeple and abduct them

CZ
Just because it’s in another country that you fear does not mean you cannot travel there. This shows how ignorant some people are about the world around them. Yes if you only hear negative news about the country your going to base your whole view on that. Good job. Remain ignorant.

SS
Same goes to you. Let me ask you how many tourist traps are in the United States? Just for the sole purpose of taking your money, identity, and life? The US is no different from Colombia. The only reason you don’t hear about it is because its not national news. I myself am frightened to go to some places in the US. I will not visit my friends in the south for fear of going missing myself. How many people go missing in Europe? In Italy? Hell in France? How many of those are travelers?

Colombia currently has a thriving tourist trade. People are realizing its not how the news media claims it to be. They arrive at the country and are surprised at how clean it is, how nice the people are, how friendly everyone is. Yes I will admit that it does have its bad zones, but I dare you to name ONE city, not country but city, that DOES NOT have a bad area.

Yes I am from Colombia.

Also if you’re going to insult someone/place/thing at least spell it right.

~G~
If you are from Colombia then you would know that river is located in meta department, in an area called "la serania de la macerena national park". It is a national treasure, and national park in colombia. It is also one of the biggest strong holds of Las Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia, aka the FARC. The majority of their prison camps for kidnap victims are located in that area, including the camp that held Ingrid Betancourt, and the 3 american contractors for several years.
There are also quite a few former AUC members who have started offshoots after the AUC supposedly disbanded several years back. There is also another faction known as Auguilas Negras that run around that area. There are constant gunbattles going on between the multiple factions and the colombian military almost daily.

How are you going to come in here calling out other members on their ignorance, when the majority of colombians know that area is a no no, do not go area. Even your own government does not allow anyone into that area other then a few thousand indigenous indians and farmers who won't leave. I have been all over colombia myself, and I would not set foot in that area without a brigade of armed men, and even then I would not feel safe. You sir are the ignorant one.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by davey0!]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thank you AlaskaMan for this great natural wonder! S&F for you and the colors of Columbia!

That river took some rather interesting turns in some of those images, like the twin fals into what appears to be sink holes of some sort... then there are those other almost perfectly rounded potholes that seem fairly deep too. I wonder if this river system has some cenotes attached to it?

Anyway, GREAT FIND!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
They could have used this location as a backdrop in Avatar!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Venetian
They could have used this location as a backdrop in Avatar!

That's exactly what I was thinking. It looks like Pandora. Just need to add some blue Na'vi.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
That river is stunning
would love to go there and take photos.

Heres another pretty sight:

The Blue Grotto in Italy

The Blue Grotto is a spectacular accident of nature. Found on the Italian island of Capri, this soft limestone cave is suffused by an eerie blue light. The light comes from another underwater entrance to the cave and is reflected off the white cave floor. Roman emperors supposedly used the grotto as a private bath.

Was this underwater cave in that movie Count of Monte Cristo? Serious question.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
BEAUTIFUL PICTURES! omg it shows how much you never really see in the world. Do you have any other season's of pictures to see what it looks like through other seasons?
I would love to be the fish that swim there.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

yes, i enjoyed it!

awesome!

you're always making sure we have pretty things to look at to remind us just how beautiful our world really is!

we must cherish our Mother Earth for she is exquisitely beautiful and full of love.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wow! Thank you for sharing this.

First time i have ever heard of this. Truly beautiful. I would love to go and see it for myself. I would love to kayak it, but it looks like it is too shallow.

Wonderful post.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Wow that is an awesome river! S&F thanks for sharing.

The site was effectively closed to tourists for several years because of guerrilla activity in the region along with concerns about the impact of unregulated tourist traffic. However, the site was re-opened to visitors in 2009

The reason they re-opened it was more likely because tourism in Columbia is something that the country is trying to re-create. They are building many tourist sites/resorts and I'm sure this is just 1 place out of many that people will start visiting over time. I for one would love to fly out to Columbia and visit this river. The river alone would be worth the trip IMO.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Looks like the Gulf of Mexico,now.... Same color!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostryder21

i agree the only thing the mexicans and colombians export is coc aine and violence because they are ignorant people. mexico is a war zone and colombia is so corrupt that the biggest drug lords that are wanted on international warrants for murder and drug trafficking have lunch in the police station cafeteria. the river is beautiful and looks like it came out of the movie avatar. the only good thing i can say about colombians is that when they ran the drug trade they only terrorized their own country, now that they have their mexican apes do the dirty work for them violence and drugs are flowing over the border like water overcoming a levee. good luck southern border states if you can't hold up the tide then america will be flooded with more evil.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join