It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Shut Down Nuclear Weapons Sites Says Former Air Force Officer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

This is a fact verified by both government documents obtained through FOIA requests, as well as eyewitness testimony.

One such incident occurred at Malstrom AFB, home of the 341st Missile Wing in central Montana. On the morning of March 16, 1967, Deputy Missile Combat Crew Commander (DMCCC) Robert Salas was on duty inside Malstrom’s subterranean Oscar-Flight Launch Control Center (LCC) capsule near Roy, Montana when he received a call from a “clearly frightened” topside security officer reporting that a UFO was hovering over the front gate.

Alarms sounded moments later as, one after another, up to eight Minuteman missiles went into “no-go” (inoperable) condition.

Read more: technorati.com...

UFOs Shut Down Nuclear Weapons Sites

I'm not really into UFO stuff, but this article caught my attention. It seems that many UFOs have been spotted at nuclear missle sites. Have any of you heard of this or are there any other threads about this on ATS. I did a search but didn't come up with any UFOs being spotted by nuclear missle sites.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yeah, a lot of UFO encounters revolve around nuclear sites; either nuclear weapons or nuclear reactors. It's actually one of the main reasons (other than personal experiences) that I'm inclined to believe what we're dealing with is advanced extraterrestrials.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Ya, i've heard of it and I am into ufology, I think it's fascinating, it opens your eyes
we are being visited by extra terrestrials, I heard about it from the guy that helped organize project disclosure I think on CNN. S&F for you.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
One of the most fascinating cases (link is in the Classic Cases stickied link) is Rendlesham, which also noted the UFO's interest in nuclear weapons.

There are a few accounts of UFOs being sighted and missile systems going offline, so not unheard of, but not the most common thing either...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks, I'll start reading through it. I told myself when I joined ATS that I wasn't going to get involved with any UFO conspiracies because it is a very slippery slope.

And now I'm starting to slip.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Skip to 2:17

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Dnag!!! You are talking about something from 1967 again???
I thought you were going to say it happened in the last day or so.
So disappointing!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Isuppose it makes sense from both points of view.

Nuclear missile sights would and are always prime targets for surveillance from military. Uavs and other experimental military spy craft would be the ideal equipment to use for this. And as always this unusual craft are often mistaken for alien craft.

And from the other point of view, it would seem Like a prime target to investigate for aliens. Logically you would investigate the most interesting points, such a scientific research labs, nuclear plants and other areas that would give the best understanding of the planets peak of technological advancement.

Nice to know they were so caring as to shut them down though, like taking sharp toys of kids

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I always thought those incidents were akin to a parent taking a pack of matches away from a toddler and saying "You're not mature enough to play with those".

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Rendlesham comes to mind. Interesting, isn't it ?

During the cold war, both the soviets and the americans had silos that went " no go ". I think the message is clear !

NO GO.

S&F.

top topics

join