It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letters I’ve Written, Never Meaning To Send ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think writing them will clear your mind. And then you can still wait and decide later whether to show them before you die...

Awesome Thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Good points.

I think part of it is I would just rather leave something behind, something tangible. Know what I mean?

[/quote

Absolutely and I think this is a fabulous idea. Not only will you be confident that you've not left anything unsaid, but you will have left them a piece of you that they may need and want to hold onto. Expressing to your loved ones in person, is good too, but it leaves out the notion that they may want something to look back to at some later time. I don't know, I really think it a good idea.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is a very good idea, it is respecftfull, and not at all cowardish-style.
It is indeed brave, to have the truth written for them to read, it helps the words, for when you are not around.
Of course, I hope it takes a long time, none of us want to be thinking of death, it seems in this world. There is so much to enjoy.

I say write, the letters, and most important, be true to yourself and loved ones, live every day to its fullest.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Heh, how apropriate for me.

My husband ditched me for two months, showed up, after I was on ATS, saying my dog was having puppies, although she was having problems. He got her in the nick of time, of course 'cause he left me with no money.

My dog had to have an emergency hysterectomy, and a c-section, the puppy was dead.

He just called me a bit ago, to say he was going to come seize the house, after being absent for so long.

I wrote notes, all over the walls.............

My notes are in permanent ink. He will have a hard time erasing them, after I am gone!~

edit to add:

If I am not on ATS for a while it will be because, A, I am dead, or B 'cause I am living in the street!

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

So sorry.

Hang in there. We'll send some good vibes your way.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
To add: Withholding how we really feel is not always because we are afraid. It can also simply be because we respect their reality-frame. If I went around telling everyone how I feel about them it would be pretty disruptive

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think that this is a wonderful idea.
My mom passed away two years ago after a sudden illness, spent most of her last time in hospital and then two days before she left I took her home to be in peace and in a place she loved and was comfortable. The day she died I was at work while a family member was with her, with instructions to call me if anything happened as I wanted to be there, she phoned me but I got home just, by minutes, too late, now there is so much I feel I wanted to tell her and I am sure she had things to say to me, I feel lost, sad and angry that we never got the chance to say our goodbyes!
A letter then would have made it so much easier now!
I wrote her a letter a couple of days later and put it in her coffin before her cremation. I hope she got to read it!

ps. Stunning music!

[edit on 15/7/10 by wiser3]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

When my mother passed away, my daughter (11 or 12 at the time), wrote the most beautiful letter and wanted it placed in the casket.

She asked me to read it first. I did and we both placed it with my mom.

I thought that was a very loving gesture from my daughter.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I suggest keeping diaries instead.

Your thoughts, reflections, concepts change over time. You can grow to love, hate, or become indifferent to someone. If you never keep your letters updated, then your heirs might not find out what you REALLY felt about them.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I feel that might be directed at me so i will clarify where I was coming from in my first post.
My family had ALOT of things that needed to be said and talked about.
I decided I will not take any of this with me to the grave so i sorted it out and found closure.
I couldn't pretend everything was ok anymore so I dealt with things first hand and found closure.
In my case I WAS afraid to deal with it.

I was just drawing my opinion based on my own experience which is different then what I think Elevatedone meant.
Its good to cover all angles though.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I've been away from this thread a while, just found your post.

I like your idea, I may just go this route.

I was talking to a friend at work, he's got a diary started for his wife and one for his daughter.

Pretty cool.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join