It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Channel The Colony Season 2

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Just as some other poster stated, I only heard of this show a few days ago, d/l the first season and finished watching it last night, then found this thread this morning in a very random way.

I have yet to see the second season, but I thought the first season was hilarious. I think it would be hard to feel like it was real with at least 6 camera operators and a couple of boom mic guys walking around.
I am hoping there are less attacks in the second season since they seemed so unrealistic.
What kept me and the wife laughing all evening and making jokes was at the finale when one of the colonists decide to not go home and stay and live in the city "rebuilding it" lol.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
never mind

[edit on Tue, 24 Aug 2010 21:38:24 -0500 by sporkmonster]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I love this show, i've watched it with my family since the very first episode of season 1.

I definitely recommend it to anyone who's interested in survival, or reality shows, since they have a good dose of both.

As for people thinking they are too good for this show, just don't watch it... not everyone is an expert and knows how to build a windmill from car parts and a fence.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Falken
I love this show, i've watched it with my family since the very first episode of season 1.

I definitely recommend it to anyone who's interested in survival, or reality shows, since they have a good dose of both.

As for people thinking they are too good for this show, just don't watch it... not everyone is an expert and knows how to build a windmill from car parts and a fence.

AMEN! If you don't like it, don't watch it. I don't know if it's scripted and I don't know how realistic it is, but for some of us, even if we learn SOMETHING from the show, it's better than NOTHING!

Someone said earlier that it would be more interesting if there was at least one person with a military background, like a green beret, etc. I think one of the main points of the show is that they're trying to portray a real survival scenario. How often do you think people would be lucky enough to be stranded with a green beret? Probably not very often.

What I like about the show is that not everything these people attempt to do is successful--and that's reality! There's going to be a lot of failures and very few successes if we're ever thrown into a situation like this.

Either way, the show is better than the majority of the other crap on TV and at least by being on the air, it may be reaching some people who never realized what the world might be like post disaster.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
growlikecrazy,

I agree it's a good show for "normal" people, but anyone who knows anything about survival is going to be watching hunting and fishing shows with real people teaching us real skills.

Some of the ideas on the show are interesting, but I think they're concentrating too much on comfort and not enough on survival.

They're in week three now and still haven't found a good source of food and they're not secure from strangers.

I like watching the show, but I don't know if I'm really learning anything from it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The whole kidnapping thing got to me. If it was my colony and they kidnapped someone, i might trade a few supplies for their release, but once they demanded all our food, I would have told em to keep her. Let the kidnappers figure out how to feed her dumb ass. lol

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I watched both seasons and the reality of them not getting hurt was rather bogus if you ask me. i think they should possibly give both the colonists and the "outsiders" paintball guns and if you're hit with a "killshot" you're taken off the show ad if you're hit in the leg/arm possibly no longer have use of the affected limb or maybe even have a chance of gaining an infection and "dying" later on in the show. also if an "outsider" was hit then you would no longer have them as a threat.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join