It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOOL - My Favorite Band

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Have to chime in on my love for the music that TOOL produces. Helped me stay away from mainstream pop for a good decade now. Seen them live like 7 or 8 times. Each experience was unique and has its own story that goes with it. Favorite song changes each month I think. Currently it's a toss-up between Jimmy and Third Eye. The background guitar part just before the "in/out" part is my fave. Wait, that whole song rocks. Then I forget how much I love the bass riff in 10,000 days (Wings 2). Haha, now I have to mention Rosetta Stoned for a sweet bass riff too. The entire band has so much fun with each of their respective instruments. Love these guys. Hope they keep rocking longer than the Stones.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by saabster5

Thanks for the reply saabstar5, and I agree 100%!
Tool in their 60's, man that should be interesting, if we all have not "learned to swim" yet

spec

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I don't really know how to put it in words.

But usually when i listen to ordinary "rock" songs it's all about "life" like....socially.

When i listen to Tool i just don't care about that, about my problems...
I don't know i just think about bigger things.I listen one album once and that "feeling" last more than a week...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by brokin

Genuine masterpieces of art and expression, I'd say brokin, so complex and beautifully woven that it just fills every space of the senses, moving the mind/body/sprit to a higher level, in a harmonious chorus of sheer sonic ecstasy, both subjectively and objectively. Tis magic in the highest sense, imo.

Peace,
spec

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Ran across this 3 part vid with Danny Carey and I thought it would be a nice addition to this thread.
Enjoy

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join