It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Argument for Plausible UFO Travel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This subject isnt very useful atm..we arent intelligent enough,

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

and if we refuse to discuss the subject, we never will be.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

You make good scientific points, but I still believe you are sorely underestimating what science can be capable of. After a million years have gone by I think it's highly probable that you will be shown to have missed something.

And I also think we will be fully capable of genetically engineering skittle pooping unicorns by then.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Not yet seen a Proton travel faster than light, but what about a Photon?

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by Magnus47
reply to post by wx4caster

That's thinking like a scientist.

Saying "We don't currently know how to travel faster than light, therefore we will NEVER know how to travel faster than light" is a logical fallacy, which is ironic, considering it's pretty much what most of the scientific community is saying.

No, the scientific community is saying something different. This is not like "men have never run a four minute mile", and then they do. After all they've seen horses and lions run fast enough for a four-minute mile, just not people.

The scientific theories which are exceptionally powerful in correctly describing almost all experimentally accessible phenomena known to humans also present very strong reasons why one cannot travel faster than light. Furthermore, we have never observed any single physical macroscopic thing doing this and yet we can observe astrophysically very violent and extreme phenomena far outside the reach of human experimentation to achieve. And our theories can describe them extremely well (e.g. neutron stars).

Before getting people to travel faster than light, let's get a proton to travel faster than light.

I'd love to have warp drive, of course. Just don't see any obvious direction from here to there.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by mbkennel]

[edit on 15-7-2010 by mbkennel]

they do travel faster than light. its called redshift/blueshift ;P

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion
This subject isnt very useful atm..we arent intelligent enough,

we are more than intelligent enough, just not creative enough.

we have the maths and concepts, just not the ingenuity to craft, which is more of a left brain mechanism.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
how about the ultimate magic, i know, magic doesnt exist, but conjuring something from nothing has been mankind's holy grail for thousands of years, and it takes an uneducated ruffian like me to add it can be used as a propulsion system.
The fastest and safest way from A to B is for the craft to become both, almost instantly create an object the length of the journey to travel, it grows from the back of the craft so propels the craft forward. do it by creating atoms which in turn multiply and create matter till it is the length of the journey to be taken. And if you can create matter this way from atomic technologies then you can do it in reverse, where matter is absorbed to nothing almost instantly, so all resistances and debris in its path can be absorbed to nothing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join